NIX Advance WiFi Calendar Digital Photo Frame, 8-Inch
Last updated date: February 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Photo Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Photo Frame you should buy.
Update as February 14, 2022:
Checkout The Best Digital Photo Frames To Display Your Favorite Memories for a detailed review of all the top digital photo frames.
With a wide range of frame size options, you can choose the NIX Advance Digital Photo Frame that fits your own preferences. This model doesn't offer Wi-Fi connectivity, so all of your photos will have to be moved over using an SD card or USB storage device. However, the discounted price may make it well worth it for those who don't plan to use Wi-Fi.
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the NIX Advance WiFi Calendar Digital Photo Frame, 8-Inch placed 9th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
NIX is the leading brand for Digital Photo Frames in the U.S. With 10 years of experience and dedicated customer service team, we are committed to delivering high quality frames and services that allow you to display digital memories in a sophisticated way. To assure you of the quality and service we provide, we give you a full 1 Year Part’s & Labor Warranty at the time of purchase. Need to display all your digital photos? The NIX Digital Photo Frame is the most simple and affordable solution to display all your digital moments. Just plug in your USB stick or SD/SDHC card and see all your photos play in front of you! It’s that easy. This frame is perfect for everyone from professionals, to parents and grandparents who just want a frame that works with the convenience of not having to actually operate it. Combined with an intuitive remote, it’s a breeze to get started. NIX Digital Frame With a High Resolution LED Backlit Display, enjoy all your (JPEG) photos with amazing detail and clarity. The Frame can also be used to play (MPEG-4 / AVI) videos. When the frame activates after sensing movement it can either play photos or videos. Combined with a simple, clear remote control, it’s a breeze to get started. Hu-Motion Sensor For ultimate convenience, the frame comes with our trademarked ‘Hu-Motion’ Sensor that turns the frame on when you enter the room and off when you leave the room! Set the frame to switch off after sensing no movement in time increments from 5 minutes to 1 hour.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Photo Frames
Today’s digital photo frames are built for the way people store their photos, often relying heavily on Wi-Fi connectivity and online photo importing.
The first feature to note is resolution. When you’re pulling photos in from various sources, you probably won’t always have them in the highest resolution available. Some frames will also automatically orient your photos, avoiding that annoying issue of photos displaying sideways.
Getting your photos onto the digital frame is another factor to consider. Most frames connect to Wi-Fi, but you can often save significant money by opting for a version that relies solely on USB devices for photo importing. If you choose Wi-Fi, make sure you also have a USB option if that’s important to you. You should also research whether a frame will pull photos from your social media feeds, as well as whether you can email photos directly to your frame.
No matter which model you choose, storage space is an important factor. Some frames let you use cloud storage, but with many, you’ll be limited on the number of photos you can store on the actual frame. Some frames come with an online photo management tool that lets you store all your photos in the cloud, eliminating the need to rely on onboard storage.
Once you’ve nailed down the features, your choice may come down to how the frame actually looks. Many of today’s frames have sleek, classy designs that look more like a small computer monitor than a traditional photo frame. Some come in multiple color options, as well, making it easier to find one that matches your own home or office decor.
The Digital Photo Frame Buying Guide
- Whether it’s photos of your last vacation or your child’s soccer game, you want your images to display as vividly as possible. This comes down primarily to resolution. You can find frames with resolutions as high as 1024 x 768, which will offer vivid colors and contrast.
- Since many of today’s photos are taken using a smartphone camera, look for a frame that offers a 4:3 aspect ratio that matches the aspect ratio on a smartphone.
- Frame size is also a factor. You can find frames ranging in size from 8 inches to 15 inches. Although bigger isn’t necessarily better, you may find your photos are much more visible with a larger frame. Still, consider the space where you’ll be displaying the frame and make sure you choose a frame that fits with your decor. You can also find widescreen frames, which may fit better with your landscape-oriented photos.
- The stand is an important feature. Some frames have a power cord that doubles as a stand, which eliminates the need to figure out where to put the cord so that it’s out of the way.
- Whether you choose portrait or landscape mode for your frame, you won’t want to have to waste time manually rotating all your photos so that they face the right direction. Look for a frame that automatically flips your photo orientation to what it needs to be based on how you’ve set up your frame.
- Today’s frames make it easy to get up and running. Some of the most popular frames can pull photos from your social media, email and cloud accounts, which comes in handy. Some can even access photos from up to 20 online providers, including social media platforms. You’ll find other frames that still allow you to upload photos using a memory card or USB flash drive.
- Another feature found in many modern digital frames is the ability to email a photo directly to your frame. If this is a priority for you, look for a frame that lets you share photos through either email or a smartphone. If you capture a photo on your phone, you’ll be able to set some frames up to immediately import it.
- With frames that require you to use either an SD card or USB port, you won’t have access to cloud-based storage. Keep this in mind.
- If you plan to store photos directly on the frame, you’ll need to find one with plenty of built-in space. Some frames build in 8GB of internal memory for storage, which can handle quite a few photos. Some frames provide only 4GB, but you can also add to that storage by hooking up a USB device or memory card. Consider that a frame that connects to your Wi-Fi won’t require you to store photos on the frame itself since the photos will be stored securely online.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide