Niutop 8-Inch Multipurpose Fabric Scissors, 5-Pack
Last updated date: March 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fabric Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fabric Scissors you should buy.
Update as March 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fabric Scissors for a detailed review of all the top fabric scissors.
With this set, you get multiple pairs of 8-inch scissors, each made from durable material and featuring a comfort grip. Different colors allow you to share them with friends or assign them to different purposes, whether crafting-based or just for household use.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Niutop 8-Inch Multipurpose Fabric Scissors, 5-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Niutop 8″ Multipurpose Scissors Bulk 5-Pack are 3X harder than stainless steel scissors and remain sharp for 100,000 cuts. surpassing stainless steel. Soft-grip handles for comfortable use, can be used left- or right-handed. Niutop sturdy and super sharp scissors feature high-performance that provide three times the strength of stainless steel and resist corrosion.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fabric Scissors
Crafting can be a great way to apply your creativity to making items you can use every day. Turn raw materials into clothing, gifts, household items or a variety of other goods with a little labor and love. Being able to step back and see that you made something with your own two hands can be a gratifying feeling.
But before you can make something beautiful, you need the right tools for the job. With some of those tools, going for quality items can make a big difference. One of those all-too-important basic tools is a pair of scissors. It can be tempting to pick up just any pair of scissors when you’re buying your supplies. You might even grab the ones in your junk drawer. But dedicated crafters need a serious pair of scissors or maybe a collection — especially if you’re cutting fabric.
There are three major types of cutting tools used in working with fabric. Sometimes people use the words “shears” and “scissors” interchangeably, but they are actually different in several ways.
- Scissors, as you likely already know, tend to be 3-6 inches in length and are best used for cutting fabric or threads.
- Shears, another popular sewing tool, are longer than scissors and are great for cutting through more sensitive materials like woven fabrics. With shears, blades are typically longer than scissors, and they’re usually screwed together instead of riveted.
- Trimmers give you bent handles for cutting fabric while it’s flat on a table.
If you’re ready to get serious about your crafting, you might find it’s best to add all three of these types to your supply kit. You should also keep scissors stored away between crafting sessions and avoid using them for other cutting tasks.
Keeping your scissors clean and dry is also important. Always remove any lint or residue before cutting to avoid contaminating the fabric. You might want to invest in a sharpener for your scissors to keep your tools in tip-top condition.
The Fabric Scissors Buying Guide
- Most crafting scissors are made from stainless steel. Check for top-quality steel if you want a reliable tool that will last.
- Some crafters toil for hours on their projects. If you think this will be you, look for a pair of scissors with a comfortable handle. One with an ergonomic design will reduce the risk of fatigue and injury. If you’re comfortable while you craft, you can engage in longer work sessions, which may help you finish projects faster.
- A titanium coating can help ensure your blades last longer, resisting rust and corrosion.
- If you plan to cut thicker fabric or layers of fabric in one go, shop for scissors that are built to withstand the tension. You’ll also likely want to keep a scissors sharpener nearby to make cutting easier and smoother.
- Some crafting scissors are sold in sets of three or more, so you can always have an extra set of scissors handy. If you go for this option, make sure each pair is of the quality you need.
- If you’re left-handed, your search for a good pair of scissors could take a little while longer. Some scissors are built to be used with either hand, but not all.
- For casual crafters, a general-purpose pair of scissors might be sufficient. But as you put more work into your projects, you may want to upgrade for efficiency.
- Pinking shears can help with woven fabrics like chiffon. These scissors are designed with teeth that keep the fabric from fraying while you cut.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide