Nintendo Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Switch Game
Last updated date: October 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nintendo Switch Games (For All Ages) and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nintendo Switch Game (For All Ages) you should buy.
Update as November 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nintendo Switch Games (For All Ages) for a detailed review of all the top nintendo switch games (for all ages).
In our analysis, the Nintendo Nintendo Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Switch Game placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Mario fans of the world, unite! Now you can play, create, and share the side-scrolling Super Mario courses of your dreams in the Super Mario Maker 2 game, available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system! Dive into the single-player Story Mode and play built-in courses to rebuild Princess Peach’s castle. Make your own courses, alone or together. And with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, share your courses, access a near-endless supply made by others, enjoy online multiplayer, and more! A new side-scrolling Mario adventure that unleashes the creative potential of Super Mario Maker 2 awaits in Story Mode, which contains over 100 built-in courses. And in Course Maker, a wide range of parts, tools, and more are available so you can construct your own courses. Want coin-shooting cannons? Bowser riding on a giant Goomba? Cat Mario sliding down slopes to take out an army of baddies? Go for it! You call the shots. Pass a Joy-Con controller to a partner to build cooperatively on a single system! Power-up the fun even further with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, which gives you access to Course World and its wealth of online content and functionality. Track your rankings, share your creations, and leave comments after you’ve played courses. With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can also tackle Endless Challenge, save online courses locally for later offline play, enjoy online multiplayer with players both near and far, and customize how you appear to others by dressing your Mii character with fun accessories! Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online Additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nintendo Switch Games (For All Ages)
When buying a Nintendo Switch video game, there are a few things to take into consideration. First and foremost, be aware of what gaming system you are buying for.
Several different systems have similar-sounding names, such as the Nintendo DS as opposed to the DS Lite or the 3DS, or the Nintendo Wii as opposed to the Nintendo Wii U. They’re similar sounding names, but the games designed for one system are not playable on the others.
Another important consideration is the desired play style. Some gamers enjoy playing competitively against other humans in real time, while others prefer to pit themselves against the computer AI.
Alternately, there are gamers who prefer to play in a non-confrontational way, exploring and creating or cooperating to achieve a common goal. Some people simply love solving puzzles. There are as many play styles as there are personalities.
The Nintendo Switch Game (For All Ages) Buying Guide
- Set a budget when shopping for games. Many games have extra features, add-ons, posters, figurines, comics, game guides and more. These are tempting and confusing if you don’t have a clear goal in mind. While extras are nice, they are not inherently necessary and can add up quickly
- Be aware of which games require an internet connection, and which ones do not.
- The Nintendo Switch Online Membership is a separate, monthly subscription not included in the purchase of any game. Having an internet connection is not enough. Buying a fun new game only to discover that you cannot afford the monthly online membership can be disappointing.
- Consider what will make the game experience most fulfilling for the person who will be playing. You know your own preferences and needs better than anyone, but if you are purchasing a game as a gift, be aware of the recipient’s play style. Buying a real-time racing game for someone who doesn’t enjoy competition or being ranked may not be received well, and getting a free-form creative game for someone who enjoys high-intensity action may also fall flat.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide