Nike Youth Elemental Backpack For Boys
Last updated date: October 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Backpacks For Boys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Backpack For Boys you should buy.
Update as October 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Backpack For Boys for a detailed review of all the top backpacks for boys.
This stylish and sporty black polyester backpack has a 100% man-made lining and 17-inch shoulder drop, making it an ethical choice that is perfect for taller kids. It features both padded shoulder straps and a cushioned back panel for the ultimate in comfort. Straps are fully adjustable, and this book bag can also be easily carried by the tough haul loop at the top.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Nike Youth Elemental Backpack For Boys placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Featuring padded shoulder straps for a comfortable carrying experience, Kids’ Nike Elemental Backpack for Kids offers several storage options to hold your essentials.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Backpacks For Boys
When purchasing a backpack for boys, it’s important to consider both style and function. Today’s students are asked to carry notebooks, binders, laptops and textbooks to and from school each day, and they need enough room to comfortably keep these items in their bags. More importantly, kids need a comfortable backpack that can grow with them and will enable them to bring all of their gear from place to place without hurting their backs.
A good children’s backpack will have padded shoulder straps that are adjustable. This enables the bag to sit properly on the child’s back. Ideally, a backpack should fit so that it lays two inches below the shoulders and up to four inches below the waist.
Most of the weight of a backpack is borne by the abdominal and hip muscles. Because of this, it’s important that it be kept evenly between the shoulder blades. If your child’s pack has a waist strap, encourage them to keep it fastened to keep the bag level.
Many backpacks that are 15 inches in length are 8 inches wide. This sort of pack is appropriate for an average 10-year-old. If you are fitting a backpack for an older child, in the range of 14 years of age or more, you should consider a 17-inch-long backpack that is about 9 inches wide.
Consider also the activity level of your child when helping them choose a backpack. If you have a very athletic or active kid, or if you live in a warm climate, you might want to pick a bookbag with a lightweight, breathable fabric, such as nylon. Do you live in an area that gets a lot of rain or snow? Waterproof or water-resistant bags are definitely worth a look.
Style is important when it comes to backpacks. Children spend a lot of time carrying their bags to and from school, as well as in the hallways when their friends are around. Talk to your kids about the look they’d prefer in a backpack.
Today’s bookbags are available in a wide variety of prints, including vehicles, outer space and even sports equipment. If your kids have a certain brand they prefer, you can also purchase solid-color backpacks featuring brand logos.
The Backpack For Boys Buying Guide
- Help your kids pack their bags properly for enhanced safety. The lightest items in a backpack should be placed at the bottom.
- Backpacks can be classified into four groups: external frames, internal frames, frameless and bodypack. The type kids use for school are usually frameless bags.
- Use a tape measure to check your child’s height and the width of their back before ordering a backpack. Back injuries and shoulder strain are all too common in kids, but having the right bag can help alleviate these issues.
- Identify the type of bag you want your child to have first. Then, ask for their input about colors, prints or style. This way, you ensure safety and size considerations come first.
- Instruct your kids to wear both backpack straps at all times. It’s important that the weight of the books they are carrying be distributed evenly across their backs.
- Read reviews of backpacks you are considering before making a purchase. A good backpack can last many years if properly cared for, so it’s worth seeing what other backpack owners have to say about a bag you might buy.
- If you have more than one child, purchasing backpacks with different prints or colors can help make getting ready for the day a bit simpler. No one wants to end up at school with someone else’s homework.
- If you’re planning to buy a bag that doesn’t come with a lunchbox, measure your child’s current lunchbox to be sure it will fit inside the new backpack.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide