Nike Women’s Shox Enigma Casual Shoes
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nike Shox and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nike Shox you should buy.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Nike Nike Women's Shox Enigma Casual Shoes placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nike Shox for a detailed review of all the top nike shox.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A recrafted version of the early 2000s icon, the Nike Shox Enigma 9000 has a bulky street feel and tapered sidewall that bring the look and feel of the early millennium to today's streets.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nike Shox
Active individuals who participate in sports, running and intense workouts will want to consider Nike’s line of Shox sneakers. Although Nike first released Shox in 2000, the sneakers have begun to make a comeback. The design and support technology have been improved upon and the shoes are now better than ever.
All of the sneakers in the Nike Shox line are constructed with special columns at the heel. These columns are designed to absorb shock during physical activity. The columns also help the heel spring back, which can add a bit of speed when running or competing in a race.
The underside of the Nike Shox is made using rubber for better traction and support. Some models, like the Nike Shox TL Shoe, also have a TPU plate between the midsole and the shock-absorbing technology, as this adds stability to the sneakers. Others include a bottom plate with a secure base to make it easier to transition from heel to toe.
Consider the type of physical activity you’re involved in when browsing Nike’s line of Shox. The Nike Men’s Shox BB4 Basketball Shoes, for example, are specifically designed for individuals who shoot hoops, while the Nike Shox R4 Men’s Training Sneaker are better for runners.
If breathability is important, look for Nike Shox that are made with perforated detailing along the leather upper. The Nike Women’s Shox R4 Leather Trainers have this feature, as well as a flexible mesh tongue. The sneakers are also lightweight, so you won’t feel like you’re dragging your feet.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that Nike is actually the name of the Greek river goddess Styx? It’s true! Nike was considered the personification of victory. Here are a few more little known facts about this popular shoemaker.
- Carolyn Davidson is the designer of the famous Nike logo. She was originally paid just $35 for her creation.
- LeBron James was paid $90 million by Nike in 2003. The contract lasted seven years.
- Dan Wieden came up with Nike’s famous slogan “Just do it.” He actually got the idea from the last words of Gary Gilmore, who was executed for murder back in 1977.
- The first video on YouTube to reach 1 million views was actually a Nike commercial.
- Michael J. Fox, when playing Marty McFly, wore special shoes to ride a hoverboard in Back to the Future: Part II. It was Nike who designed the shoes.
The Nike Shox Buying Guide
- If you find the Nike Shox don’t have as much cushioning as you’d like, you can purchase cushioned insoles to place inside the shoes.
- Nike Shox tend to be more narrow in the foot, which means they may feel too snug for individuals with wide feet. Wide sizes are not available.
- Individuals who aren’t sure as to their exact shoe size can measure their foot in inches from the back of the heel to the tip of the longest toe. Consult Nike’s sizing chart to locate the shoe size that fits the length of your foot in inches. If you find yourself in between sizes, you’ll always want to choose the larger size.
- From time to time, you’re going to need to give your Nike Shox a good cleaning. Nike recommends first brushing off any dirt and debris using a soft-bristled shoe brush. Fill a bowl with warm water and a squirt of liquid laundry detergent. Use this homemade cleaning solution to wipe down the shoe’s laces and then the outsoles and midsoles of the shoes. You may need to use the soft-bristled brush to tackle tough dirt and grass stains. Finish by tackling the shoes’ uppers. Grab a lint-free towel and wipe away as the solution from the laces and shoes and set them out to air dry.
- Never use bleach on your Nike Shox, as it could discolor or break down the shoe’s construction materials.
- Nike warns against placing your Shox in a washer or dryer. This may lead to the sneakers needing to be replaced prematurely.
- You’ll find Nike Shox range in price based on the specific model, design and construction materials used. The Nike Men’s Shox BB4 Basketball Shoes are the most affordable, while the Nike Shox R4 Men’s Training Sneaker have a more moderate price. You’ll pay the most for the Nike Shox TL Shoe and the Nike Women’s Shox R4 Leather Trainers.