Nika’s Home Vanilla Bean Mason Soy Candle
Last updated date: June 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Scented Candles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Scented Candle you should buy.
Editor's Note June 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Scented Candle for a detailed review of all the top scented candles.
Made with 100% soy, the Nika's Home Vanilla Bean Mason Soy Candle is all-natural even down to the detail of not using colored dyes to spruce up the look at the cost of the environment. This mason-jar candle looks really cool as well and smells wonderfully like vanilla.
In our analysis of 82 expert reviews, the Nika's Home Nika's Home Vanilla Bean Mason Soy Candle placed 9th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Scented Candles
People have been using candles for over 5,000 years. While they are no longer used predominantly for lighting the way, their relaxing and atmospheric qualities are what people love best these days.
Scented candles can help you find a sense of calm and tranquility. Some scents actually provide mood-altering effects. For example, lavender helps to relieve stress, while eucalyptus is energizing and also known to enable people to improve their focus. On the other hand, lemon-scented candles help to reduce anxiety and depression.
However, it’s not only the scent of the candle that’s evocative. If it was, then you’d be able to get the same effects with an air freshener. The flicker of candlelight is hard to reproduce. The glow from a candle creates a sense of warmth and intimacy you can’t get anywhere else. In fact, their healing properties are often used by massage therapists or spa workers to create a sense of peace and tranquility in their surroundings.
The way scented candles look is important for creating the perfect atmosphere. They add the right decorative touch to many areas of the home, from bedrooms to bathrooms, living rooms to kitchens. You can select the color of the wax and the style of the jar or candle holder to match your home’s look and feel.
The act of lighting a candle is therapeutic for many people. In some meditation practices and prayer rituals, lighting a candle takes a front seat. Certain visualization exercises or techniques actually involve focusing on the flickering flame or inhaling the scent of the candle for an extended period of time.
Scents are known to be tied to memory. For many people, lighting a scented candle is a way to remember a particular moment in time or a person no longer there. While floral and herbal scents are common, many scented candles come in unique fragrances such as tobacco or laundry detergent, to evoke specific memories tied to those scents.
The Scented Candle Buying Guide
- The most important factor to consider when choosing a scented candle is the fragrance. The scent changes the ambiance of your surroundings and can affect your mood and the way you feel. Some candles have a citrusy smell, for example. Other candles can combine floral notes with the fruity smells of pear and peach.
- The presentation of the candle is important for setting the scene, especially if you’re trying to match the candle to your existing décor. Certain candles come in a glass mason jar with a lid. The Chesapeake Bay Cranberry Dahlia Scented Candle is a creamy white candle in a frosted purple jar with a brown lid and an attractive label.
- When considering which scented candle to buy, pay attention to the burn time, which indicates how long the candle can burn before it runs out. Some candles have a long burn time of 100 hours or more. The Lulu Candles Espresso Bean Scented Candle has a long-lasting and slow burn but doesn’t indicate the number of hours.
- Price can be a critical factor, especially if you purchase multiple candles for your home. You’re sure to find a candle that fits your budget, however.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide