Nick’s Sticks By Wenzel’s Farm Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
Last updated date: September 7, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beef Sticks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beef Stick you should buy.
Update as September 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Beef Sticks for a detailed review of all the top beef sticks.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Nick's Sticks By Wenzel's Farm Grass-Fed Beef Sticks placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Nick’s Sticks, a Castleray company, has its roots firmly planted in the fertile soils of the rural Midwest. Founded in 2011, Nick’s Sticks was born out of a desire to provide quality, protein rich, meat snacks – Naturally. Hand crafted locally in small batches, we have been able to craft a snack stick that is better for you and your family, without sacrificing flavor or taste. Try one and we think you will agree. As a pioneer in the grass-fed feed and nutrient-dense food movements, we are passionate about producing only the highest-quality food products, using the highest quality ingredients, or as we like to say, “All of the goodness – none of the garbage.” Cattle thrive on lush, green grass, sunshine, and free-range living. Poultry grow and thrive best in a free range atmosphere. This is the way nature had intended for them to grow. It also captures our approach as well. That is why we only use grass fed free range beef in our products, and free range chicken and turkey. Straightforward, uncomplicated foods that nourish your body and soul.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beef Sticks
If you’re looking for a high-protein snack that’s savory, salty and brings just the right amount of chewiness, you’ll want to try beef sticks and beef jerky sticks. Beef jerky sticks are typically made from the leaner cuts of beef that tend to be a bit tough. The meat is cooked for a long time at a low heat. Beef sticks, which resemble skinny sausages, are higher in fat than beef jerky sticks. Most beef snacks are fairly high in sodium, and some contain a preservative like nitrites.
Beef sticks and beef jerky sticks are a convenient snack for on the go. Many brands come individually packaged, so each stick is wrapped for freshness. This makes them perfect for taking to school or the office for lunch. You can also take these individually wrapped snacks when you’re going for a hike or going camping, as they are great for giving you a boost of energy and keeping you full thanks to the high amount of protein.
The Beef Stick Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for the best beef snack for you, take taste and texture as two of the most important elements to consider. Many beef sticks are on the spicier side, made with different kinds of peppers. Others have a distinct smoky flavor and smell. Some have a sweeter taste, with hits of brown sugar and garlic. You can even find beef sticks that have complex fruit flavors. Consider what kinds of flavors you like best.
- Chewiness is a distinct characteristic of beef sticks. While they may seem tough to bite into because of the casing, they soften up as you chew them. Consider whether you prefer a softer or more textured feel. Different brands have different amounts of chewiness. The type of outer casing also affects how chewy the beef sticks are.
- Individual packaging is key when it comes to beef sticks, especially if you’re looking for something portable. Take a look at how many individual servings are within each package. Typically, you can find beef sticks in packages of 10 – 24.
- If you’re on a high-protein diet, some beef sticks might work within your restrictions. Depending on the brand and specific nutritional information, beef sticks can work within the keto, Whole30, Paleo and gluten-free diets. Many products are also non-GMO.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide