Nexxus Maximum Hold Finishing Hair Spray
Last updated date: May 6, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hairsprays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hairspray you should buy.
Editor's Note May 6, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hairspray for a detailed review of all the top hairsprays.
Do you have a long busy day ahead? Once you style your hair, give it a shot of this finishing hairspray for women. The formula offers a strong hold with maximum control. As an added bonus, it also adds a beautiful shine to hair that is sure to attract attention.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Nexxus Nexxus Maximum Hold Finishing Hair Spray placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Control: A flexible, firm hold hairspray (10 oz) for all hair types. Infused with our signature Fluid-Fix Technology for flexible hold and natural movement. Salon-quality, micro-fine hair mist adds brilliant shine to hair. Gives long-lasting control to define hard to retain hairstyles. Leaves hair soft, touchable, and brushable. Refreshing and subtle citrus scent with floral notes.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hairsprays
Once you shape your hair and get it styled just the way you want it, you’ll need to use a little hairspray if you want to keep that look from coming undone as the day goes on. Hairspray was created back in 1948, and since the product has been around for over 70 years, it now comes in a variety of formulas.
Before shopping for the best hairspray, you need to decide how much of a hold your hair requires. You’ll find choices include light, medium, firm and extra-strong. A light or medium hold would work well to hold back a few flyaways, while firm and extra strong are needed to lock in your style for a long period of time. The L’Oreal Paris Extra Strong Hold Hairspray works well for this, as it is designed to last up to 48 hours.
Look for a hairspray that specializes in taming frizz if you find your hair is a bit kinky. For example, the TRESemmé Extra Firm Hold Hairspray uses locking polymers that resist humidity and keep frizz controlled all day long.
Consider the ingredients used to make the hairspray. You’ll find some brands actually infuse Argan oil into their formula, which not only gives hair a beautiful shine but also leaves it soft to the touch.
Don’t forget to take fragrance into account. Most hairsprays have some type of odor and you don’t want to select one that isn’t pleasant, as you’ll be stuck smelling it all day. Fortunately, there are formulas that are known for their sweet aroma, including some that have a wonderful tropical berry scent.
The Hairspray Buying Guide
- Read the hairspray bottle’s product label to determine how far away you need to hold the can before spraying it on your hair. This distance typically ranges between 6 and 10 inches.
- Hairspray is meant to be used on dry hair. If you need a styling product that is safe to use on wet hair, consider going with a mousse.
- The cost of a bottle of hairspray is directly related to the ingredients used in its formula. You’ll find the TRESemmé Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and the L’Oreal Paris Extra Strong Hold Hairspray are the most affordable. Brands that are infused with argan oil tend to have the highest price tags.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide