Nexxus Chemically Treated Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair, 8.5-Ounce
Last updated date: September 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Purple Shampoos For Blonde Hair and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair for a detailed review of all the top purple shampoos for blonde hair.
Improve the vibrancy of your hair color with this purple shampoo for blonde hair. It's bright and smooth and designed to provide long-lasting color care. Users will appreciate how light, flexible and healthy their hair feels after using this shampoo.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Nexxus Chemically Treated Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair, 8.5-Ounce placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
As a leader in salon quality products, Nexxus has progressed one of its top-selling collections, Color Assure, to incorporate learnings from science and nature, and introduce new products – with a new look – to help extend color vibrancy for longer. After using Proteomics studies to examine hair damage at the molecular level, Nexxus scientists found that the main cause of color loss and dullness happens the moment hair is colored. Our scientists have developed a one-of-a-kind PROTEINFUSION blend infused with Elastin Protein and Quinoa along with other ingredients to create Color Assure formulas that result in long-lasting color vibrancy for up to 40 washes. Along with an updated look, Nexxus is expanding the Color Assure range to include new formats that create an optimal regimen for color care, making it easier for people to help keep their color looking vibrant for longer. The range will include: a shampoo, conditioner, cleansing conditioner, purple shampoo for blonde and silver shades and a deep treatment masque. Nexxus Blonde Assure Purple Shampoo, Color Care Shampoo, For Blonde Hair Keratin Protein is our premiere purple shampoo for all our blonde hair needs. At Nexxus, we know that hair is made of around 90% proteins, which is why we use advanced scientific methods to identify the protein needs of each hair type. We create customized formulas, with proteins, to bring your hair back to life. Nexxus Blonde Assure Purple Shampoo, with our exclusive PROTEINFUSION blend with Keratin Protein and Violet Pigment, tones down brassiness on blonde or silver hair. Usage: Use 1-2 times a week to help neutralize brassy tone. Leave in for 1-5 minutes each time. Follow with Blonde Assure Conditioner. To learn more about our colored hair products, color-toning products, keratin shampoo, and the entire range of Nexxus products visit nexxus.com.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Purple Shampoos For Blonde Hair
Whether you were born with blonde hair or you pay for it, it can be tough to get the color just right. Even if it looks perfect the day you color it, it can gradually lose its luster and start to turn brassy. Those yellows, oranges and reds that make blonde hair look less brilliant than you’d prefer are hard to avoid.
Stylists typically add a toner to reduce those colors, known as undertones. But not everyone pays for salon color and, of those who do, the toner can lose its power over time. That means in the weeks following your appointment, you may find that your blonde takes on a bit of brassiness, which you’re stuck with until your next coloring.
That’s where purple shampoo comes in. If you look at a color wheel, purple is directly across from yellow, and colors located on opposing sides of the wheel cancel each other out. When purple is applied to your hair, it cancels out the yellow tones, providing that icy blonde color that is seen as the ideal.
But blonde hair isn’t the only hair color that can benefit from a tube of purple shampoo. Those with silver hair also find undertones starting to appear, and purple shampoo can help with that, as well. Some with dramatic blonde or silver highlights also find that purple shampoo provides better color, although it has no effect on other hair colors.
The Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair Buying Guide
- You don’t have to have dyed hair to benefit from purple shampoo. In fact, those with naturally blonde and naturally silver hair find it reduces undertones.
- Purple shampoo can dry out your hair. Look for one that is formulated to overcome that obstacle, leaving your hair soft, shiny and undertone free.
- For those with damaged or dry hair, a nourishing toning mask will probably be better for your hair than a purple shampoo.
- Just because you use purple shampoo, doesn’t mean you can do away with a toner. If your salon provides that service, use purple shampoo as a supplement. If you color your own hair, look for a toner that can reduce undertones.
- Don’t use purple shampoo in the first two weeks after your hair has been colored. The hair is more porous following bleaching, making it more likely you’ll get blotchy, uneven results.
- Follow the instructions closely on the bottle. If a time range is recommended for leaving the shampoo on your hair, go with the low end of that range at first, then increase as you get more comfortable with the results. Leaving purple shampoo on too long can create a lavender hue, although some like having that tint and choose to leave it on longer to get there.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide