Newness Ergonomic Grip Plastic Base Apple Slicer & Corer
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Apple Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Apple Slicer you should buy.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Newness Newness Ergonomic Grip Apple Slicer & Corer placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Apple Slicer for a detailed review of all the top apple slicers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
You can enjoy apples at anytime, anywhere, no longer needs a chopping board. More convenient, easy to clean.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Apple Slicers
Cutting enough apples for an apple pie or afternoon family snack can be time-consuming, not to mention rough on your hands. Fortunately, apple slicers are able to cut your prep time in half. Baking is no longer a chore, but rather a fun way to spend an afternoon.
The first thing you want to look for when purchasing an apple slicer is how many slices the unit can cut at once and whether or not the device also cores the apple. Most models have a center circular blade to core the apple. Typically, they produce eight apple slices. The SAVORLIVING Ultra-Sharp Apple Corer & Slicer, however, is able to create 12 slices from one apple. That means each slice is thinner, which is great if you have small children at home.
Next, examine the construction of the apple slicer. You want it to be durable, so you don’t have to replace it after just a year of use. Stainless steel blades, like the ones found on the OXO Good Grips Apple Corer & Slicer, are a must. Stainless steel doesn’t rust and stays nice and sharp to continue producing perfect apple slices every time. It’s also stain and odor-resistant, which is helpful if you plan on cutting more than just apples with your slicer.
Check out the apple slicer’s handles next. You need the handles to provide a comfortable sturdy grip to keep your hands and wrists from tiring. The Elbee Home Easy Grip Apple Slicer & Divider has anti-slip silicone handles that meet this requirement.
Look for any features that make one apple slicer more desirable than another. For example, the Newness Focus Premium Large Apple Corer & Slicer comes in either bright orange or rich red. It’s also larger in size, which means you can use it with potatoes and other large fruits and vegetables.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that apples actually belong to the rose family? How about that there are 8,000 different varieties of the delicious fruit? Here are a few more little known facts about the apple:
- To make one gallon of homemade apple cider, you need approximately 36 apples.
- The Guinness World Records holder for the heaviest apple is Chisato Iwasaki from Japan. It weighed 4 pounds and 1 ounce.
- It can take between 4 and 5 years from the time you plant an apple tree until it begins to bear fruit. After that, the apple tree can live as long as 100 years.
- Apples are able to float because 25% of their volume is air.
- Cherry Yoshitake holds the Guinness World Records title for the most bobbed apples in one minute. He achieved this feat in October of 2015 when he bobbed 37 apples in 60 seconds.
The Apple Slicer Buying Guide
- If you have any difficulty getting the apple residue out from the small corer, you can use a toothbrush with a little dish soap on it to remove the residue and clean the corer.
- Use caution when cleaning the apple slicer, as the blades are sharp enough to cut the skin if not handled properly.
- Apple slicers without soft covers on their handles may not be as comfortable to operate.
- Always check the size of the apple slicer, as some models don’t work well on large apples.
- The more blades the apple slicer has, the more resistance you’ll experience. Keep this in mind as you shop, especially if you don’t have a great deal of strength to push down the slicer.
- Most apple slicers are dishwasher-safe, although there are a few models that recommend you wash the slicers by hand with warm water and dish soap. If you do place your apple slicer in the dishwasher, it’s a good idea to place it on the top shelf.
- Apple slicers, in general, are extremely affordable. They only vary in price slightly due to construction materials and the number of apple slices they produce. You’ll find the Elbee Home Easy Grip Apple Slicer & Divider is one of the cheaper models. Both, the OXO Good Grips Apple Corer & Slicer and the Newness Focus Premium Large Apple Corer & Slicer are moderately priced. Since the SAVORLIVING Ultra-Sharp Apple Corer & Slicer is made from stainless steel and able to produce 12 apple slices at a time, it commands the highest price.