Newair Fast Freezing Removable Tray Ice Maker
Last updated date: January 14, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Maker you should buy.
Update as January 14, 2023:
Checkout The Best Ice Makers To Chill Your Summer Beverages for a detailed review of all the top ice makers.
With this handy ice maker, you'll always have ice cubes at the ready to keep your lemonade, iced tea or water cool and refreshing. There are three ice sizes to select from, each of which is produced and ready for use within 10 minutes. You can even get the machine in a choice of red, black or silver.
In our analysis, the Newair Newair Fast Freezing Removable Tray Ice Maker placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This small ice maker has an attractive and compact design that’s perfect for the countertop. This simple, hassle-free ice dispenser requires no installation, is easy to set up and control, and the low water and full ice alerts let you know when it’s time to make adjustments. Get your ice fast, with a quick 6 minute freezing time per cycle. The clear, restaurant-quality ice that you’ll get with this ice maker not only looks great in any drink, but it also melts five times slower than cloudy ice. This portable ice maker can make up to 28lbs of bullet-shaped ice per day. NewAir is a company family owned since 2002. All products are tested and have the highest safety certification. Our products are backed by a one year warranty. With high-quality products and excellent customer service, NewAir is a name you can trust.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Makers
The days of filling ice cube trays with water and waiting for them to freeze are long gone, thanks to built-in ice makers. But not everyone has a state-of-the-art freezer. Even if you have one at home, you may buy an RV or own a rental cabin that lacks ice-making capabilities.
For those situations, a portable ice maker is all you’ll need. Taking up minimal counter space, these appliances act as a handy addition to any modern kitchen. You’ll simply need to routinely add water to the reservoir, then wait for the container to begin to fill with ice. Although many ice makers require a full day to fill the container completely, many begin providing ice in less than 15 minutes.
But in recent years, ice makers have become popular even with those who have the capacity built into their freezers. Some dispense cylindrical ice, similar to what you get from a hotel ice machine. However, others offer that small, bullet-shaped ice similar to what you get at fast-food chains like Sonic. If you’re shopping for ice makers for that reason, pay close attention to the type of ice each one produces to make sure you’re getting what you want.
The Ice Maker Buying Guide
- One thing to consider before buying a portable ice maker is that you’ll have to manually refill the reservoir on a daily basis to keep the ice going. Some ice makers can use melted ice cubes to make new ice, but once you’re out of water, new ice will no longer be produced.
- It’s also important to consider the water capacity of the water reservoir. The smaller the reservoir, the more often you’ll have to fill it to keep the ice flow going.
- If you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, look for an ice maker with eco-friendly options. Some can pull any melted cubes into the water reservoir to make fresh cubes. Still others draw less power, saving on electricity.
- Noise is a consideration, particularly if you spend time near your kitchen. If this is a concern, look for an ice maker that boasts quiet operation.
- Ice size is an important factor in the ice maker you buy. Some units come with multiple ice size options, letting you switch back and forth between larger and smaller cubes.
- If you plan to only use your ice maker occasionally, note how long it will take to produce the first few cubes of ice from the time you insert water. Many start providing ice in less than 10 minutes, which can come in handy if you’re just occasionally firing up your machine.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide