New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collagen Peptide Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collagen Peptide Powder you should buy.
You will find this collagen peptide powder is not only paleo-friendly and certified kosher, but it's also free of GMOs, gluten and pesticides. It's designed to support the gut, joints and skin and is made from a high-quality protein. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the New Zealand New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Collagen Peptide Powder for a detailed review of all the top collagen peptide powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
E1P NEW ZEALAND COLLAGEN PEPTIDES: E1P Collagen Peptides are sourced from New Zealand's purest pastures where the cattle roam freely in the sunshine eating non-GMO grass! From aging to daily wear and tear our bodies are constantly making collagen to repair connective tissue, this includes ligaments, tendons, skin, blood vessels, the gut lining, muscles and dentin in teeth. The unique amino acid structure of E1P Collagen Peptides contains high amounts of glycine and proline which are necessary to make collagen. Each Serving provides: 10 Grams of Protein 10mg Sodium ***10MG SODIUM COMPARED TO 60MG SODIUM FROM OTHER LEADING BRANDS 40 Calories Most collagen on the market is processed at the speed to meet the high and constantly growing demands, which will generally have a sodium content = 60mg per 11 grams of collagen peptides. Our brand is responsibly sourced from New Zealand's purest pastures and uniquely processed yielding minimal sodium content, actually 83% less = 10mg sodium per 11 grams of collagen peptides. Therefore, making the characteristics of E1P collagen the cleanest and highest product purity on the market without the bloating or digestive discomfort from excess sodium! Directions: Mix 1 scoop with water or your favorite beverage. Add E1P New Zealand Collagen Peptides to your current protein powder or meal replacement for the perfect pairing and added benefits. DIRECTIONS FOR COLLAGEN LOADING: Mix 3 servings per day to equal 30 grams of Collagen Peptides for 30 day’s. This protocol may help build up your collagen levels for faster results. This can be done by: 1) Mix 1 scoop 3 times per day. 2) Mix 1.5 scoops 2 times per day. 3) Mix 3 scoops once per day. After the loading phase 1 scoop daily will be sufficient.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collagen Peptide Powders
Collagen is an important protein found within the human body. It has a host of benefits and can be found in many different parts of the body, including your muscles, skin, tendons, bones and blood vessels. It’s also essential for good digestive health. If you’re on the hunt for the best collagen peptide powder, read this helpful guide before you buy.
Examine the collagen peptide powder supplement’s product label to determine its quality. For example, some powders have a lab test verification, a good manufacturing practice certification and a grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle stamp to show the cattle were never given antibiotics or hormones. The Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder is third-party certified and non-GMO verified.
Make sure the collagen powder works with your current diet. Unfortunately, most collagen powders are derived from bovine sources, which means they aren’t vegan or vegetarian-friendly. The New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder, however, does work with paleo diets and it’s certified kosher. Individuals following a gluten-free diet can also use this brand, as well as anyone who’s staying away from GMOs and products that have been exposed to pesticides.
Check to see if the powder is flavored, as this may affect the taste of the drink or dish you add it to. The Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder is unflavored and will dissolve in both cold and hot beverages. It’s also free of sugar, so it won’t sweeten your smoothies or beverages or interfere with your current diet plan. If you don’t want to add the powder to a drink, you can mix it in with a side dish instead, like mashed potatoes or applesauce.
Look for any extra nutrition that the collagen supplement may have to offer. The BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder, for example, has 18 amino acids, which is 10 more than most of the other brands on the market. Other brands have included vitamin C in their formulas, which is excellent for boosting your immunity during cold and flu season. You’ll even find a few companies use a digestive enzyme blend in their collagen powders to aid in breaking down the powder so it can be quickly absorbed by the body.
DWYM Fun Fact
Collagen is a protein that is naturally found in the body. It contributes to the health of the body’s hair, skin, nails, joints and bones. As you get older, your body begins to produce less collagen on its own. When this happens, you can increase your intake of collagen-rich foods or add a collagen supplement to your diet.
The following foods are best for individuals who need to boost their collagen levels:
- Wild fish with the skin attached
- Bone broth
- Egg whites
If you opt to add a collagen supplement to your diet instead, you’ll find most of them are made from collagen peptides. These are derived mainly from bovine, marine or porcine and contain at least 90% protein. They also have important amino acids that aid the body in absorbing the supplement.
So what benefits do collagen peptide supplements offer? For starters, they renew and repair your skin cells and help keep them firm. They reduce stiffness and swollen joints, which in turn relieves pain when walking. Collagen peptides are also essential for good gut health. They heal your gut’s lining and help your intestines absorb water. Additional benefits of taking a collagen peptide supplement include an increase in your metabolism, stronger teeth and better cardiovascular health.
The Collagen Peptide Powder Buying Guide
- Always review the collagen peptide powder supplement label, as some may contain eggs, shellfish or nuts that could cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Some collagen supplements state that you must wait up to two months to see results. This means you may need to purchase the supplement more than once before you can definitively say that it does or does not work.
- Not all of the collagen peptide powders dissolve easily in cold drinks. You’ll need to use hot liquids, like coffee or tea, to break up the powder for consumption. If you prefer a cold drink, you can always add ice cubes to cool your drink down after you’ve dissolved the powder.
- Always store the collagen peptide powder in a cool dry location. Moisture-rich environments may cause the powder to clump or spoil before the expiration date listed on the product label.
- Place the collagen supplement up high if you have children or pets in the home. Even though the product is all-natural, it may still be harmful if not taken properly.
- Make an appointment with your family physician to review the collagen peptide powder nutrition and ingredient label to ensure it is safe for you to take. This is especially important if you take any other medications that may interact negatively with the supplement.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will also need to consult with their OB/GYN before taking a collagen peptide powder.
- Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the federal government, so the health claims made by the manufacturer may not have been tested.
- Consider supporting a collagen manufacturer that gives back. For example, one company donates a portion of each sale to the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. This organization supplies important nutrients to mothers and children in need.
- As you review the price for collagen peptide supplements, you need to determine the cost per serving. To do this, simply divide the price of the product by the number of servings. You’ll find the Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder and the BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder are the cheapest with the New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder falling in the middle. On the higher end of the price scale is the Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder.