Neutrogena Moisturizing Sheer Body Oil-Lotion
Last updated date: May 12, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Body Lotions and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Body Lotion you should buy.
Whether you have dry or oily skin, this dermatologist-recommended body lotion is an excellent choice. It's lightweight and absorbs instantly without clogging pores. After each application, your skin is left feeling soft, healthy and silky smooth. In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Neutrogena Neutrogena Moisturizing Sheer Body Oil-Lotion placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Body Lotion for a detailed review of all the top body lotions.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Help soften and smooth your skin with Neutrogena Sheer Oil-Lotion. Specially formulated for daily use on the body, this lightweight moisturizing body lotion glides on easily. The formula is enriched with sesame oil to soften and smooth skin. From the dermatologist recommended Neutrogena brand, this lightweight, sheer oil body lotion absorbs quickly for a whisper-light feel. Apply this body moisturizer on your skin after bathing and throughout the day for skin that feels silky and hydrated. Brand Story By Neutrogena
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Body Lotions
All skin types can benefit from some type of moisturizer. Long, dry winters can challenge even for the oiliest skin. But whatever the condition of your skin, a daily dose of body lotion can make a big difference. Not only will it help stave off the signs of aging, but it will also make you feel better. In fact, just the act of moisturizing your skin can leave you feeling like you’ve spent a little time at a spa.
If you’ve spent time in the lotion aisle, though, you probably know there are more than a few types of body lotions. In recent years, as consumers have grown more conscientious about the chemicals in the products they use, the industry has seen a dramatic shift. Today’s lotions strive for organic ingredients free of parabens and gluten.
But when you’re shopping for body lotion, it’s more about what is in the bottle than what isn’t. Pay close attention to the active ingredients, which can vary dramatically from one product to another. Some lotions are packed with vitamins geared toward keeping your skin healthy, while others use emollients like shea butter and mineral oil.
You should also consider scent. An increasing number of lotions strive to remove all fragrances, but it’s impossible to completely eliminate scent from a product. That means some unscented lotions will have a chemical smell that’s even worse than the floral or fruity scent you would find in a scented lotion. If you have perfume sensitivities, though, an unscented option will likely be best.
All other features considered, though, the most important thing is how your skin feels, not just in the hours after applying lotion, but also a few days into daily treatment. Overall, you should be left feeling as though your skin is healthy and soft, and you should have no skin irritation or blotches as a result of using your new lotion.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although some believe moisturizers can serve as the “fountain of youth,” their primary benefit is to reduce the appearance of aging. When you rub a moisturizing product into your skin, it temporarily plumps things up, which makes those wrinkles a little shallower. Some moisturizers have ingredients that can boost your skin tone and texture. But over-the-counter moisturizers are limited in what they can do since they have smaller doses of those wrinkle-reducing active ingredients. Prescription moisturizers may be more effective at that, but they can’t make 60-year-old skin look like 20-year-old skin. Keeping your skin soft and hydrated has many other benefits, though, which is why consumers continue to fill their shopping carts with lotions and moisturizers.
The Body Lotion Buying Guide
- Each body lotion is formulated differently, so you should be able to narrow your choices by looking at what each product offers. Some natural brands are rich in hemp and shea butter, as well as vitamins A, C and E. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion uses colloidal oatmeal to help restore your skin’s pH. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is packed full of the very type of ceramide needed to retain moisture in your skin. NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion blends almond oil with a deep moisture serum.
- One thing that sets CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion apart from other body lotions is that it’s safe to use on your face as well as your body. This can help keep things simple.
- If you’re sensitive to certain ingredients, that label will become especially important. Hempz Original Natural Hemp Seed is both paraben and gluten-free, as well as being 100 percent vegan. Those with alcohol sensitivities will want to stay away from CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which has both cetearyl and cetyl alcohol. However, it is certified by the National Eczema Association as safe for those with eczema. Look for a lotion that is petrolatum-, paraben- and gluten-free, and also hypoallergenic.
- Those with sensitive skin may prefer Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which is recommended by dermatologists even for those who have sensitivities.
- What it all boils down to is how your body lotion leaves your skin. Hempz Original Natural Hemp Seed leaves your skin soft and smooth, but it also provides a protective layer that serves as a barrier against the elements. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion locks in your body’s natural moisture to keep your skin hydrated. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion exfoliates to restore the natural protective barrier built into the skin.
- Some lotions leave a residue on the skin, but not the Hempz Original Natural Hemp Seed or Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, which both soak into the skin without leaving a greasy film. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion keeps you free of any residue.
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores. This is essential in any product you use on your face, but it’s useful for the body as well.
- Many beauty products strive to be as fragrance-free as possible to help those who have scent sensitivities. But you’ll need to watch out for chemical smells in those products. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is fragrance-free.
- If you prefer a scent, Hempz Original Natural Hemp Seed has a light strawberry fragrance.
- Waiting for lotion to dry can be frustrating, especially if you’re trying to moisturize before getting dressed in the morning. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion and Neutrogena Moisturizing Sheer Body Oil-Lotion both soak into the skin immediately.
- Once applied, you’ll want to make sure your lotion lasts a while. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion keeps you soft and protected for 24 hours, while Neutrogena Moisturizing Sheer Body Oil-Lotion moisturizes throughout the entire day. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion uses MVE technology to gradually release it into your skin for all-day protection.