NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800 X4S Smart WiFi Router
Last updated date: August 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Netgear Routers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Netgear Router you should buy.
Update as August 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Netgear Router for a detailed review of all the top netgear routers.
If you are looking for a router than can handle all of your devices, this one can support up to 45 devices at a time. It also reliably streams high-quality videos and games without lag.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800 X4S Smart WiFi Router placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Up to 2600Mbps wireless speed for demanding activities like 4K Ultra-HD streaming and multi-player online gaming.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Netgear Routers
When it comes to your Wi-Fi connection, you do not want to be left behind. Picking the best router you can find is important because it is your lifeline to fast, reliable internet.
First and foremost, make sure your router is compatible with all major internet providers. Better yet, search for a router that you know works with your provider’s equipment. Most routers will work with various major internet providers, so you should be fine but it’s never a bad idea to double check.
You also want to look for a router that provides you with enough coverage for your space. If you live in a one-bedroom apartment, you would obviously need less coverage than if you lived in a multi-story home. It is also important to look at what speed your internet is expected to be with a specific router.
Some routers offer faster speeds than others and what you’ll need is all based on your browsing habits. If you enjoy playing video games online, you will want to look for a router that provides you with faster speeds than if you are just using it to work on text files from home, for example.
You will also want to look at the number of devices the router can handle. Think about how many devices you have hooked up to your Wi-Fi right now. Possibly a computer, TV, phone, smart speaker and, if you live with other people, add on their devices, too. You want to make sure you have a router that can support all these devices otherwise your internet will drag. For a router that will ensure you never lag, check out Netgear’s Nighthawk X4 smart Wi-Fi router, as it can handle up to 45 different devices.
If you are a parent and you want to have a bit more control or see the history of your child’s actions online, look for a router that has built-in parental controls. For example, with the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300, you have the ability to pause the internet access of certain devices, view site history, usage data and filter websites for free. If you want even more control, you can even set online time limits and set schedules for the internet access of various devices.
The Netgear Router Buying Guide
- Look for a trusted brand. With routers, you want to make sure that you are getting exactly what you need. This purchase is important to not only you but to the work and play you do. With trusted brands, you are given peace of mind that if you ever have any issues, you should have access to reliable customer service.
- Some routers provide you with extra security and privacy, like virtual private network servers, antivirus and other features that can protect your network from malware and other attacks.
- Purchasing your own router, rather than renting one from your service provider, will pay off in the long run. When you buy your own router, you are making a long-term investment.
- Look for a router that is easy to set up. Many are simple to set up and use right out of the box.
- Compare and contrast. Make sure you read up on various models so you are making the best purchase for your usage.
- Do not throw out your old router. It may be out of date, or not what it used to be, but you can still us old routers as a wireless bridge to extend your network or add access points.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide