NESCO Digital Upright Turkey Rotisserie Roaster
Last updated date: April 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Rotisserie Roasters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Rotisserie Roaster you should buy.
Editor's Note January 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Rotisserie Roaster for a detailed review of all the top rotisserie roasters.
The timer on the NESCO Digital Upright Turkey Roaster has a preprogrammed turkey mode that automatically shuts the unit off after 120 minutes. The 1420-watt heating element can cook an 18-pound bird in only two hours, well beating the time it would take in the oven. The heating element also features a control that ensures uniform heating inside and out.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the NESCO NESCO Digital Upright Turkey Roaster placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
From the makers of the Original Roaster Oven, comes the new NESCO Upright Turkey Roaster. This new way of cooking turkey and other meats is ideal for saving time in the kitchen, offering the user a faster alternative to the oven. This upright roaster is perfect to have around during the holidays or any time of year as it offers the versatility every home chef needs. Innovative Roast-Ryte™ Technology uses infrared heating elements to evenly cook a turkey. The center heating element cooks from the inside out as the outer heating elements rotate heat around the turkey, maintaining the moisture on the inside while searing the skin to a golden-brown on the outside. This oil-free, easy-to-use vertical roaster can cook up to an 18-lb. bird in less than two hours, reducing cooking times by up to 40% versus a conventional oven. You’ll never have to worry about overcooking your bird, as the easy-to-read control panel has a digital timer as well as a preprogrammed 120-minute turkey setting with auto-off function. Illuminated lights indicate when the heating elements are on and cycling and the glass cover allows for convenient viewing during use without removing the lid and letting heat escape. Removable and dish washer safe, the cooking stand drip tray collects all unwanted turkey drippings and the interior surface is nonstick making clean-up quick. This upright roaster is lightweight and includes side handles for safe and comfortable handling. The black and stainless steel finish will accent any kitchen décor and the compact design leaves countertops uncluttered. The NESCO Upright Turkey Roaster is Your Key Ingredient™ to the most convenient and mess-free way to cook poultry and meat, allowing you to cook comfortably and enjoy more time with your family outside of the kitchen.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Rotisserie Roasters
Cooking delicious meals at home has never been easier, thanks to the many appliances now on the market. If you enjoy the taste of a well-seasoned roasted chicken, a rotisserie roaster is a great investment. With a rotisserie roaster, you typically mount the bird on a spit, which rotates during the entire cooking process to evenly cook your food.
But rotisserie ovens aren’t limited to chickens and small turkeys. You can also steam, bake and roast items in there, depending on the model you choose. Some vertical-oriented rotisserie roasters will even convert to a horizontal position to allow you to make items like roasts.
Some roasters also double as an air fryer, extending their functionality. These ovens will come with extra accessories like racks. You’ll also find that some roasters come with skewers that let you use them to make kabobs. If you want this type of versatility, shop around until you find the roaster that will cook the types of food your family enjoys.
Size is a major consideration when you’re shopping for any kitchen appliance. Unless you want your rotisserie roaster staying on your kitchen counter 24/7, you’ll need a good place to store it. This means trying to slip it into a cabinet or onto a pantry shelf, and if you’re limited on space, that could be a problem. Check the measurements and make sure you have a plan for storing your roaster between uses.
If you opt for a smaller roaster for storage purposes, keep in mind that it reduces the capacity in many cases. You’ll find yourself limited if you want to use it to make your Thanksgiving turkey, for instance. But if you’re only using the roaster a few times a year, it might be worth it to store it in an attic or garage in the months you aren’t using it to be able to have a larger model.
The Rotisserie Roaster Buying Guide
- The power put out by some rotisserie roasters makes them more powerful than others. That power is all in the heating element, which have power ratings going as high as 1500 watts. This means you can reach the oven’s maximum speed in record time. That helps you get started cooking earlier.
- The cooking time can also vary from one roaster to another. Some can surpass ovens in getting your food from raw to done. The right rotisserie roaster can cook an 18-pound turkey in only two hours, with the results being uniform all the way to the inside.
- You should also look at the temperature range on any roasters you’re considering. You’ll want a maximum range of at least 450 degrees to ensure it caters to all your recipes. Even if your recipe calls for cooking your items in the 300-degree range, you may want to cook it at an extremely high temperature toward the end of cook time for that much-desired crispy outer skin.
- As you start shopping for a rotisserie roaster, you’ll find that many of them go well beyond roasting a chicken. To start, if you want to cook a large turkey during the holiday season, make sure you choose an oven that will accommodate something that size. Otherwise, you may find you’re settling for a smaller turkey. Some rotisserie roasters also feature settings like bake, roast and broil, allowing you to expand the items you use it to make. Instead of preheating your oven when you’re ready to make dinner, you can fire up the rotisserie oven and save electricity.
- Some rotisserie ovens include accessories like skewers that will make it easy to cook kabobs.
- An infuser can come in handy for bumping up the juiciness of your meats. Fill it with beer, juice or spices and let the roaster do its work.
- If you’ll be using your oven on a regular basis, invest in one that has the build quality to withstand multiple uses. You’ll want to make sure the materials are stain-resistant, particularly the door.
- Some rotisserie ovens have glass doors so that you can watch your food while it cooks. Although this comes in handy when you want to check to see if your food is ready, it also provides some great entertainment. You may find yourself mesmerized by watching your items turn.
- Whole chickens and other large items can take a while to cook, so you likely won’t be standing near your oven throughout cooking. To avoid a disaster, consider an oven that has a timer that automatically shuts the unit off after a designated time.
- Chances are, your oven will get pretty dirty during cooking. Some rotisserie ovens will let you slip the internal parts into the dishwasher. Keep in mind that sometimes food can stick to it, so you may need to presoak first.
- In addition to storage and variety, the size of your rotisserie roaster will affect your cooking capacity. If you have a large family or regularly cook for groups, you may want to opt for a larger rotisserie roaster despite the fact that it will be harder to store.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide