NESCO Classic 18-Quart Roaster Oven With Porcelain Cookwell
Last updated date: March 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as March 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Roaster Oven for a detailed review of all the top .
This roaster oven has a circle of heat which results in moist and even cooking. The large size is ideal for making meals for big family gatherings. You can make turkey, roast beef, stew, lasagna and many other meals in this roaster oven.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the NESCO Classic 18-Quart Roaster Oven With Porcelain Cookwell placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cook to your heart’s (and stomach’s) content with the Nesco 18-Quart Porcelain Cookwell Roaster in Red. You’ll be on your way to slow cooking, roasting, baking, steaming, and searing your favorite foods in no time when you add this cooker to your kitchen’s lineup. This roaster’s capacity rings in right at 18 quarts, which means it’s big enough to accommodate a 22-pound turkey. Whether you’re cooking up a storm for the holidays, or just want to make a meal big enough for the whole family to enjoy on a weeknight, this roaster is about to be your go-to. With specially designed Circle of Heat construction, this electric roaster helps food retain moisture as it cooks, since it’ll be heated from the sides not the bottom. The removable porcelain-coated cookwell minimizes tough scrubbing and makes for an easy post-dinner cleanup session. This cooker’s portable design makes it ideal for more than just at home use. Take this Nesco cooker with you to your family’s next lake outing, block party, birthday bash, and more. The Nesco 18-Quart Porcelain Cookwell Roaster is ready to be your cooking companion- what are you waiting for?
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
A roaster oven is a countertop electrical cooking device with a removable pan and lid. There is a large heating element that is typically controlled with a dial and can reach a temperature between 200 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The roasting pan sits over the top of the heating element and can be used to roast, bake, steam or slow cook a variety of foods from mains to sides to desserts.
When on the hunt for a roaster oven, one of the main things to consider is the capacity. How much food do you plan to cook at one time? This will help you decide on the right-sized roaster oven for you. They typically come in 18-quart, 20-quart and 22-quart sizes. Be sure to also consider the power usage for the roaster oven. The faster you want to cook a meal, the higher the power wattage you will need. For example, for slow cooking in a roaster oven, you’ll need around 1,000 watts. For faster cooking, opt for 1,450 watts. A tight-fitting lid on a roaster oven is key because it helps to keep heat in and recirculating. It is also important for ensuring your food is juicy and moist.
The Buying Guide
- There are several different ways to use a roaster oven. One of the most common uses is for roasting a turkey for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas. You can also roast other meats such as chicken, pork and beef. If you want to make a large quantity of a side dish, try making roasted potatoes or steamed rice in your roaster oven. You can also bake vegetables like carrots, broccoli, peppers and onions in a roaster oven. In addition, a roaster oven is also a great way to bake cake — you can pour the batter directly into the roaster and let it bake.
- If you’re having a lot of people over for a meal, you can use the roaster oven on a low setting to keep food warm. Pancakes, biscuits and other foods can stay at the perfect temperature in a roaster oven during a large gathering.
- For the best results, be sure to preheat your roasting oven before placing the food inside. This helps ensure it cooks perfectly and at the right time.
- The food will continue to cook in the roasting oven even after the heating element is turned off. If you don’t want to overcook your food, be sure to remove it from the heat right before it is done.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide