Nekteck USB C Thunderbolt 3 Cable, 1.6-Foot
Last updated date: March 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Thunderbolt Cables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Thunderbolt Cable you should buy.
Editor's Note March 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Thunderbolt Cable for a detailed review of all the top thunderbolt cables.
This thunderbolt cable features a high transfer speed up to 40 gigabytes per second. It is USB-C compatible. It supports high-quality video and sound with a single cable.
In our analysis, the Nekteck Nekteck USB C Thunderbolt 3 Cable, 1.6-Foot placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THUNDERBOLT 3 SPEED: Thunderbolt 3 cable data transfer speed is up to 40Gbps (20Gbps for length over 1M). That’s 4x of USB Type C Gen 2 and 8x faster than Type C 3.0. Please NOTE that the data transfer speed will still depend on what port you are using with. USB 3.1 Gen 2(10 Gbps) USB3.1 gen 1/ 3.0(5 Gbps). USB-C COMPATIBLE-VERSATILE POWER DELIVERY: Compatible with Thunderbolt 3 cable supplies up to 100 Watts of power delivery for rapid charging. Compatible with all Thunderbolt 3 & USB C gadget like Ethernet adapter, USB hub, Docking Station,eGPU, PCI-E, Razer Core and Windows DELL XPS15,Alienware17r4,,LenovoThinkPad, Pixelbook,Macbook pro15/17/18,etc. THUNDERBOLT CERTIFIED: Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 passive cable has acquired the Intel’s Thunderbolt qualification standard. It went through quality checks to ensure durability, reliability and safety. It’s safe and ensures consistent performance with your Thunderbolt enabled device. SUPPORT 4K VIDEO OUTPUT: Support dual 4K 60Hz video with a single cable when connecting Thunderbolt port. Enjoy ULTRA HD video resolution! Please NOTE that if you are connecting with USB C port to output video, please make sure your USB C port supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) This set up can only produce one 4K display. THUNDERBOLT 3 MATERIAL: Nekteck Thunderbolt 3 in order to increase the transmission speed, micro-coaxial ultra-high-speed wires are adopted, in which the flexible and flex-resistant TEFLON insulation material and ultra-fine tinned copper are woven. To reduce radiated interference and extend service life, flexible TPE cable jackets and precision welded metal shields are used.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Thunderbolt Cables
A thunderbolt cable, which used to be called a light peak cable, is a type of technology for high-resolution displays on computers. It is essentially a way to move a large amount of data from once place to another, such as from your laptop to your monitor, where you want to send high-definition visuals to the monitor for viewing. Another use for the thunderbolt cable is between your camera and your laptop, where you want to download your photo files onto your computer. The thunderbolt cable can connect various devices, such as computers, docks, monitors and external graphics cards, as long as the device has a port that is compatible with the thunderbolt cable.
What makes this cable unique is that it enables you to add multiple devices to your computer through a chain of cords. This means that you have significantly improved video and audio experiences using just one cable, without slowing performance or affecting quality. Another key benefit of the thunderbolt cable is that it makes traveling with a computer much easier, since only one type of cable is required for both audio and video.
The Thunderbolt Cable Buying Guide
- When buying a thunderbolt cable, be sure to check for compatibility first and foremost. You want to ensure that the devices you’re planning to use the cable with actually have a thunderbolt port. You should also check the specifications of the cable to see whether it notes it is compatible with your devices. They will typically list the devices and models the particular cable is compatible with.
- Be sure to check the length of the cable, especially if you plan on connecting devices that are not typically close to one another, such as your laptop and a TV. Thunderbolt cables come in various lengths, such as 1 foot or 10 feet. You also want to make sure you don’t have too much extra cable because it can be difficult to fit into a small space, such as between your computer and your monitor.
- In order to make sure you have a stable data transfer from the cable, opt for one that specifies it is interference free. This means that it will block any signal fracturing or interference so you don’t have to deal with a black screen.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide