Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest
Last updated date: September 19, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waist Cinchers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waist Cincher you should buy.
Made from polyester and spandex, the Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest allows for a comfortable, flexible fit. Three rows of hooks help you adjust it to fit you, even if your size changes. With two different color options, you can choose the one that will work best under your clothing. In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Nebility Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Waist Cincher for a detailed review of all the top waist cinchers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
100% SATISFIED CUSTOMER SERVICE:please measure waistline and read the Left Size Picture first,if any ideas,contact us first &We will meet your request,return or refund is available,make you satisfied. PREMIUM MATERIAL:this waist training vest is made of high quality 90%polyester and 10% spandex soft fabrics,which are smooth,healthy,moisture wicking,elastic and stretchable,flexible and breathable,comfortable to wear. MAXIMIZE FIRM CONTROL & ADJUSTABLE STRAPS:the zipper corset is equipped with 3 rows of hook and eye closure & 2 adjustable shoulder straps,to ensure you could fit it at most extenet,and give you a sexy natural curve. U-Shape Push Up Breast Design:special front U-type anti-droop design makes your chest more erect and attractive,effectively firm control armpit & back flabby fat to make your body no lumps or bumps or bulks,make you a beautiful hourglass figure. EFFICIENT WAIST CINCHER:our body shaper helps postpartum recovery all process,reduce swelling,tighten skin,control tummy & back,relief postnatal pain,ease transition of uterus and shrink it down to normal size,make your maternity body get back to its original shape. MULTIFUNCTIONAL WAIST TRAINER:the shapewear can flatten abdomen,reduce waistline,support back,postpartum recovery,improve posture,relief waist pain,protect spine,expedite fat burn while exercise,combined with a healthy lean diet and drink plenty of water for weight loss.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Waist Cinchers
Shapewear has come a long way over the years. Previous generations squeezed into girdles that constricted their movement and made it hard to breathe. Today’s consumers have slimming products that are not only adjustable and breathable, but flexible enough to move with them.
But some waist cinchers go beyond slimming. They also serve as compression garments that claim to burn fat. This is done through promoting sweat while you work out. Waist cinchers are especially popular in the weeks following childbirth, allowing wearers to keep everything pulled in while waiting for nature to do its work.
“Consider this product if you’ve tried shapewear and it doesn’t do the trick for you, both in the way you look and in how you feel,” Stephanie Mansour, a certified personal trainer and founder of the fitness brand Step It Up With Steph, says. “Normal shapewear does the trick in terms of appearance, but a waist cincher would be helpful to wear after surgery or while working out to promote sweating more. It’s important to note that this does not replace a strong, tight core, but it can serve as a reminder to keep your abs pulled in and engaged throughout the day and during your workout.”
She also notes that wearing a body shaper can be a motivator to keep working toward fitness goals.
“If you can see yourself as a more fit version of yourself with shapewear, you may be more motivated to maintain your workouts or healthy eating habits,” she says, noting that eventually “you may feel like you’ve made progress on your goals and can see the effects without wearing the waist cincher!”
But there are some important considerations when shopping for a waist cincher. It’s important to pay close attention to your height and build when shopping. Not all torsos are the same length, even among those who are the same height. Pay close attention to the measurements of the cincher you order to make sure it will fall exactly where it should.
“This is not typically a one-size-fits-all product,” Mansour says.
Cinchers can vary dramatically in their materials. Although latex-based cinchers have their benefits, it’s important to note that they can have a smell when first pulled out of the packaging. After several washes, that smell should lessen, but it’s always good to be prepared.
If you’re investing in a waist cincher for its fat-burning promises, you’ll need to be careful when it comes to sweating during workouts. Some waist cinchers have mild fat-burning features built in, but they’re also designed to keep you from getting too hot, as heatstroke can be a risk if you overdo it.
Typically, you’ll want to wear your waist cincher under your clothing, whether you’re going to the gym or just heading out to the grocery store. Keep in mind the type of clothes you’ll be wearing over your waist cincher, and make sure you choose one that won’t be too bulky. The ribs on some waist cinchers can be seen through thinner, tighter clothing, and some cinchers close with Velcro, which can add a little unwanted bulk.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although social media superstars may have made waist cinchers popular today, they’ve actually been around in one form or another for centuries. In fact, they’re first believed to have been worn by the Minoan civilization, who date all the way back to 2000 B.C. They’re perhaps most commonly associated with the 17th century, though, when women wore corsets made from linen and bones. Today’s corsets are often worn on the outside, especially in stage performances by celebrities like Lady Gaga and Beyonce. They’re also popular as waist trainers or to make someone appear to have a disproportionately small waist. Fortunately, modern society doesn’t prize the hourglass shape as people once did, making it an individual choice rather than a societal obligation.
The Waist Cincher Buying Guide
- Material is what sets one waist cincher apart from the rest. You’ll find latex versions, like the NuvoFit LadySlim Colombiana Cincher and YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport, are the most popular since they offer the support you need and help you build up plenty of sweat to see results during your workouts. But neoprene cinchers like the SHAPERX Waist Trainer Belt Body Shaper give you similar results while also being easier to clean. The Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest combines polyester and spandex to enhance flexibility.
- The type of latex also makes a difference. The NuvoFit LadySlim Colombiana Cincher’s material is nontoxic and natural. The material used also makes this one more durable than competitors.
- Waist cinchers are typically built with “bones,” which do the work of pushing everything inward. The NuvoFit LadySlim Colombiana Cincher has flexible boning that provides support while still keeping you comfortable. With the YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport, you get nine spiral-steel bones that promise to trim up to three to five inches off your waist.
- Whether your waist cincher does the fat-burning promised or simply encourages you to head to the gym more, you may find your waist cincher is eventually no longer fits the same. For that reason, adjustability can make a big difference. The NuvoFit LadySlim Colombiana Cincher, YIANNA Women’s Underbust Latex Sport and Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest each have three rows of hooks that let you adjust it as your size changes. The SHAPERX Waist Trainer Belt Body Shaper uses Velcro to give you the adjustability you need.
- For those buying a cincher for its weight loss effect, it’s important to pay attention to the process each one uses to promote weight loss. Cinchers use something known as “the sauna effect” to promote sweat, which helps cut down on excess water weight. But these garments aren’t a miracle weight loss solution. You’ll still need to put some work in to see lasting results.