Last updated date: May 18, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cool Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cool Game you should buy.
Update as September 9, 2019:
Checkout The Best Cool Game for a detailed review of all the top cool games.
In our analysis of 185 expert reviews, the NBA 2K19 placed 9th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
NBA 2K celebrates 20 years of redefining what sports gaming can be, from best in class graphics & gameplay to groundbreaking game modes and an immersive open-world “Neighborhood.” NBA 2K19 continues to push limits as it brings gaming one step closer to real-life basketball excitement and culture. TAKE CONTROL WITH TAKEOVER Harness your MyPLAYER’s full basketball potential with the new Takeover feature. Unlock special moves and abilities never before seen on the court, or activate Team Takeover and unleash the power of your full squad. RUN THE NEIGHBORHOOD Make a name for yourself on the court, at the Under Armour Cages, and during live events on the block. Ball until dawn with new day to night transitions, walk on at the Jordan Rec Center, or get the old Crew back together for exciting 3 on 3 action. MyTEAM Create your very first MyPLAYER card, and ball with LeBron, Kobe, and the rest of your collection in a variety of competitive modes. Introducing the new Unlimited mode, allowing you to pick any five cards from your deck and battle against other players online. MyCAREER The original career story mode returns with an all-new, immersive narrative charting your journey from China to the G League and eventually the NBA. Featuring an all-star cast, endorsements tied to your popularity, and new team chemistry elements that allow you to dominate the hardwood.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cool Games
Gamers are familiar with all the games on the market. But the same games can get old after a while. Whether you’re looking to ramp up your library or you’re a newer gamer, the good news is that there always seems to be something new on the horizon. In many cases, though, that simply means the latest revamp of an old favorite.
The first thing to look at when you’re shopping for new games is the type of console you have. While many games feature versions for each of the most popular console types, you will find some games that feature cross-platform play functionalities. This means that you can play other people, including your friends, who aren’t on the same gaming console you are. If this is important, look for a game that promises that.
When it comes down to it, you’ll choose a game that features the premise that most appeals to you. You may like role-playing games, where you inhabit a character and take on challenges. Then there are sporting games that have you competing with others to reach a particular goal. Games like “Minecraft” are more about creating things, which is a different type of challenge. Whatever type of game you prefer, you can easily find plenty to choose from, no matter which gaming console you own.
Graphics are also important, particularly if you plan to play on a larger screen. Some games put an emphasis on fancy, vivid graphics, while others stick to a more simplistic design. While many games on the market today will satisfy that craving, some are known for slick, detailed graphic design. This not only gives you pleasing visuals while you play, but it can also make you feel more immersed in the experience.
One small factor you may want to consider is the soundtrack that comes with the game you choose. With some games, you get an audio experience that adds to the fun, including a high-quality selection of music. In a game where you’re spending considerable time on a task, like swinging around a city on a spider web, an entertaining soundtrack can make a big difference.
The Cool Game Buying Guide
- A game’s premise is a large part of what makes it fun. If you’re into sports games, XBOX ONE’s “Rocket League” may be worth checking out. With “Rocket League,” two teams race around arenas with the goal of getting an oversized ball into a goal. Get enough boosts and your car can practically leave the ground.
- If you’ve been gaming for a while, you’re probably already familiar with “Minecraft.” PS4’s “Minecraft” continues the popular game by giving you more worlds than ever to explore. “Minecraft” has players breaking blocks, digging and building the world they want. It’s a far more sophisticated version of Legos.
- Role-playing games are especially popular with gamers, and PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” is one of the best. When you play “Assasin’s Creed Odyssey,” you’re a sellsword in war-torn Greece, where Athens and Sparta are at war. One issue with this game is that you may feel it gets a little repetitive over time, especially if you spend a great deal of time each week playing. It has two different gameplay modes to help keep things interesting, and choice is one of the best things about “Assasin’s Creed Odyssey.” You’ll either choose guided or exploration mode from the start, and you’ll be assigned one of two characters, Alexios or Kassandra.
- You’re probably already familiar with “Spider-Man,” whether through the games, movies or comic books. PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” brings an original plot with all-new adventures to keep things fresh. But one of the most enjoyable parts of this game is swinging around New York City. You’ll probably find that you’re spending more time swinging than playing, at least initially.
- Today’s gamers put a lot of weight on how well-designed a game is. This is especially true if you’re trying to make the most of your big-screen TV. If graphics are your priority, PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” or PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” might be the best way to go.
- PS4’s “Minecraft” continues its tradition of simple graphics. In newer versions, however, the traditional block format is used to create an atmosphere that includes fun forests, mountains and deserts.
- If you prefer group gameplay, you’ll like the options with XBOX ONE’s “Rocket League.” You can play one-on-one or in teams of four.
- PS4’s “Minecraft” includes an extra called a builder toy. This lets you customize your gameplay, including flying and turning off monster damage. This will be a welcome feature if you eventually tire of playing the same game over and over.
- PS4’s “Marvel’s Spider-Man” is a prime example of how a strong soundtrack can enhance your gaming experience. While you’re enjoying the thrill of swinging around New York City, you’ll get one of the best soundtracks found in gaming.
- Although the music in PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” stands out, the voice acting is what makes this game unique.
- Whether you’re new to gaming or you just need a guide through your game, PS4’s “Minecraft” doesn’t disappoint. Simply launch the tutorial and it will help you get started. This is also great for those parents who want to acquaint themselves with the ins and outs of “Minecraft” before letting their children play.
- PS4’s “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey” also provides ease of use. The controls, menus and interface all make for a great gaming experience.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide