Nautica Solid Stand Collar Men’s Short Sleeve Polo Shirt
Last updated date: August 8, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Short Sleeve Polo Shirts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Short Sleeve Polo Shirt you should buy.
Update as December 11, 2022:
Check out The Best Men’s Short-Sleeved Polo Shirt for a detailed review of all the top men's short sleeve polo shirts.
In our analysis, the Nautica Nautica Solid Stand Collar Men's Short Sleeve Polo Shirt placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Cotton. Imported. Pull On closure. Machine Wash. Solid stand collar polo with ribbing and classic fit. Stand collar, 3-button placket closure.
Men's Short Sleeve Polo Shirt Rankings
Men's Short Sleeve Polo Shirt Overview
A short-sleeved men’s polo shirt is a classic clothing item that stays in style and suits many occasions. Compared to more casual t-shirts, a polo shirt looks slightly dressier, so you might wear one if your workplace has a business casual dress code. This sporty top also suits everyday wear whether you play golf, go out to eat with friends or just need something comfortable to lounge around in.
While you can find this men’s shirt in many colors and slightly different styles, a lot of options will look similar. The polo shirt will feature a collar and a placket with multiple buttons that may match the shirt’s color or stand out. Most polo shirts will have two or three buttons, and it’s common to leave at least one of them unbuttoned. While the sleeves will be short, the length can vary. For example, golf polo shirts have sleeves that are slightly longer than usual.
You have a lot of options when it comes to polo shirt colors. Solid-colored polo shirts offer a lot of versatility, especially if you get a neutral color such as white or black. On the other hand, polo shirts in bright and bold colors make it easy to stand out even if you’re just wearing a basic pair of jeans. You’ll also find multi-colored styles with stripes, fun patterns, different colors used on different parts of the shirt, or logos printed or embroidered on the chest area.
The shirt’s material matters for your comfort, and most polo shirts consist of cotton, polyester or a blend of these materials. You might prefer a cotton polo shirt if you need something hypoallergenic, breathable, absorbent or suited for business wear. Polyester polo shirts, in contrast, often suit exercise activities since the material wicks away moisture, although the synthetic material is less breathable than cotton. Blended materials are popular since they provide benefits of both materials.
Make sure you find a short-sleeved polo shirt that fits your body well. This means considering your neck, chest and waist size so that you don’t buy one that feels or looks too constricting or baggy. You’ll also want to make sure the short sleeves fall properly around the middle of your upper arms and don’t look too long. Plus, consider the polo’s length since taller men can have issues with short shirts while other men may struggle with their polo shirts being too long.
- Some men’s short-sleeved polo shirts feature a small chest pocket. Not only does this add style to the shirt, but it provides a place where you could put a pen or other small item for convenience. The pocket can come in various sizes and shapes and might also have a button for some extra security.
- Don’t assume that your polo shirt size will always be the same regardless of which brand you buy. Know your measurements and always check out the size chart on the product listing to make sure you pick the option matching your measurements. Be aware that some manufacturers offer special slim, tall or big sizes as well, and one of these might offer a better fit than standard sizes.
- When considering a polo shirt’s length, you could follow the rule of thumb that your polo should fall around midway down the zipper of your pants for a flattering look if untucked.
- If you plan to wear your short-sleeved polo shirt while working out, consider options that mention the fabric dries quickly and stretches so that you have more flexibility. You might also like a shirt with sun-protective fabric for playing golf and doing other outdoor activities.
- If you want a short-sleeved polo shirt with a collar that best matches the rest of the shirt, consider one with a self-fabric collar rather than a rib-knit one.
- Cotton polo shirts tend to shrink more often than polyester ones, so take precautions when you care for the shirt. Avoid washing your polo in hot water or using a hot setting when you dry it. The safest option is using a cold rinse and letting the polo shirt air-dry.
- Short-sleeved polo shirts come in different knit patterns including jersey and pique. If you want something that looks smoother and feels softer like a t-shirt, then jersey fabric can fit your needs. Pique fabric has a more noticeable pattern with a looser weave and increased durability.
- You can easily change up your style when you wear a polo shirt. You can add a pair of trousers and a jacket for a dressier look, while a pair of khakis might suit a business-casual work setting. If you want an extra casual look, a polo always works well with a pair of jeans or shorts.