Nature’s Bounty Time Released Vitamin C, 500mg
Last updated: November 9, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vitamin C Capsules and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vitamin C Capsule you should buy.
Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C, 500mg is an excellent supplement to your everyday diet. This vitamin C is time released for all-day-long effectiveness. Time released vitamin C is supposed to be gentler on the stomach than other vitamin C supplements.In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Nature's Bounty Time Released Vitamin C, 500mg placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C is one of the most well-known and widely used nutritional supplements on the planet! People reach for Nature’s Bounty Vitamin C to help them get the essential benefits their body relies on every day! These special capsules are designed to release Vitamin C into your system throughout the day.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Vitamin C Capsule Rankings
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential to the body’s tissues. It keeps the immune system working as it should, helps with the formation of collagen and maintains healthy teeth and bones. If you don’t eat enough vitamin C-rich foods daily, you’ll want to consider adding a supplement to your diet.
As you browse the many vitamin C capsules on the market, you want to look for a brand that undergoes third-party testing, so you know it is of the highest quality.
Next, check how the vitamin C is delivered. For example, some Vitamin C manufacturers use liposomal technology to help the body better absorb the vitamin C. Other brands use a sustained release formula so that the nutrient is slowly absorbed by the body.
While most vitamin C capsules are designed to be swallowed, you can go with a brand that has capsules filled with powder that can be emptied into a glass of water. If you have trouble swallowing pills, this is an excellent solution.
Check the vitamin C supplement for any added ingredients. The NOW Foods Vitamin C, 1000mg also has a citrus bioflavonoids complex, which helps with circulation and has antioxidant properties. Another common additive is rose hips, which contain high doses of vitamin C themselves.
- If you have a hard time swallowing large pills, look for some medium-sized or small vitamin C capsule.
- Store your vitamin C supplement in a cool dry location that is out of the reach of children and pets.
- It’s important for women who are pregnant or nursing to consult their doctors before taking any supplements, including vitamin C.
- If you currently take any medications or have any known health issues, you’ll also need to check with your family physician before you add a vitamin C supplement to your daily vitamin regimen.
- The FDA is not required to evaluate any health claims made by the companies who manufacture vitamin C supplements.
- Consider going with a company that offers a satisfaction guarantee. This way you can take the vitamin C supplement for a month or two to determine whether it’s working for your body. If not, you’ll be able to get your money back.
- You can’t simply look at the price when comparing vitamin C capsules. You need to consider the number of servings you get with each bottle. When you divide the price by the number of servings, you’ll find the most affordable.