Natrol Fast Dissolve Advanced Biotin Supplement, 10,000-mcg
Last updated: November 9, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Biotin Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Biotin Supplement you should buy.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Natrol Fast Dissolve Advanced Biotin Supplement, 10,000-mcg placed 9th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Biotin, a water-soluble B vitamin, acts as a coenzyme in the metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Biotin is also known as vitamin H or B7 and not only helps to promote radiant skin, strong nails and heathy hair, but also aids in the conversion of daily food intake into natural energy. Clinical studies indicate that those with deficiencies of biotin can experience brittle nails and hair loss. By taking Natrol Biotin daily, you can improve strength of nails, healthy hair and radiant skin. Biotin supports the growth of cells and production of fatty acids which can increase the bulb size of hair follicles, which helps to make hair appear fuller and thicker. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Biotin Supplement Rankings
If your body is deficient in biotin or you’d like to give your body a little extra cellular support, you may want to consider adding a supplement to your morning routine. There are several different biotin supplements on the market, so how do you know which one to choose? Read this guide and you’ll learn what to look for in the best biotin supplement.
Determine what form you need the supplement to be in. You can get biotin in a powder, soft gel, capsule, liquid and even in a gummy. Individuals who have difficulty swallowing pills will want to stick with the powder, liquid or chewable gummy. When opting for a supplement you don’t swallow, you’ll want to keep taste in mind. Powders and liquids can be added to a smoothie, cup of applesauce or container of yogurt, but a gummy will need to have a delightful flavor or you’ll have a hard time getting it down.
Review the biotin supplement’s product label to ensure it is free from unwanted ingredients. For example, some gummies don’t contain any high-fructose corn syrup, synthetic dyes, artificial sweeteners, gluten or dairy. Other companies also have formulas that are free of gelatin and sugar.
Check the calorie content next. You’ll find the Havasu Nutrition Biotin Gummies 5,000mcg only has 15 calories per serving, so it won’t interfere with any healthy eating plans or keep you from meeting your weight loss goals.
Look for any additional health benefits that may be offered by the biotin supplement. Although some are designed to simply increase your biotin levels, others, like the SugarBearHair Vegetarian Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 60-Count, add other essential nutrients. You may find the supplement also contains vitamins A, D, C and E. A host of other B vitamins may also be thrown into the mix, such as folic acid, vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-12.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the companies ethics. Look for companies that are Non-GMO Project Verified and manufacture and package their supplement in a Good Manufacturing Practice certified facility. Other companies never test their products on animals and use only vegetarian-friendly ingredients.
- Check the sugar content on the biotin supplement’s nutrition label before you buy. The gummy versions may contain more sugar than you’d like, especially if you’re following a low-sugar diet.
- Always consult with your family physician before starting any supplements. The doctor can review the ingredients and determine whether they are safe for your particular body and whether they interfere with any medication you are currently taking.
- Eating more than the recommended dose can cause stomach aches in some people.
- Keep the biotin supplement stored up and out of the reach of children. This is especially important with the gummy version, which kids may think are delicious snacks. They make child locks for cabinets that contain medications and supplements.
- Supplements should also be stored in a cool, dry location.
- Dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the FDA. Keep this in mind as you review any health claims made by the biotin supplement manufacturer.
- Look for any third-party testing or awards the biotin supplement manufacturer may have received. For example, if a brand surpasses quality standards, it may be awarded the ChefsBest Excellence Award. Other companies may have had their products tested and certified by a third-party so that you know they are selling a high-quality product.
- Check the expiration date on your biotin supplement every so often. You don’t want to consume the supplement once it has expired, as it may no longer be as potent or as effective as you need it to be.
- Consider going with a biotin supplement that has a satisfaction or money-back guarantee. Some companies offer a 90-day money-back guarantee to give customers a chance to try the supplement. If you don’t notice any positive effects within the three-month time frame, you’ll be able to get a full refund.
- Instead of looking at how many gummies or soft gels are in each biotin supplement container, you need to look at the number of servings. Divide the price by the number of servings to compare prices. The Havasu Nutrition Biotin Gummies 5,000mcg sit in the middle price range when compared with other supplements, while the SugarBearHair Vegetarian Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 60-Count commands the highest price per serving.