NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Castle Molds & Non-Toxic Pink Kinetic Sand
Last updated date: April 30, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pink Kinetic Sands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pink Kinetic Sand you should buy.
Update as May 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pink Kinetic Sand for a detailed review of all the top pink kinetic sands.
This kinetic sand set comes with two pounds. It also includes six different molds. Kids can build a number of creative things such as castles and pyramids with this set.
In our analysis, the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Castle Molds & Non-Toxic Pink Kinetic Sand placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SENSORY SAND: This sand is kinetic, so it sticks only to itself and not to you! This perpetually “wet” sand is perfect to mold, shape, and squeeze. 6 EXCITING MOLDS: Kids can build castles, pyramids, and more with the 6 different molds included. 6 POUND SAND SET: A special mixture of sand that doesn’t dry out, allowing you to use it again and again. NON-TOXIC & MESS-FREE: This hypoallergenic sand is non-toxic and super easy to clean up! RESPECTED QUALITY: Providing children with the best educational toys, this kit is backed by National Geographic’s 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pink Kinetic Sands
From toddlers to school-aged kids, everyone loves sensory play. Using their hands to fully engage with their toys is an excellent way for kids to learn many new things, from sharing with friends to how gravity works. One of the best sensory toys is kinetic sand, which can be enjoyed at home, at daycare or at school.
How is kinetic sand different from regular sand you find at the beach? Kinetic sand starts off as regular sand; however, it goes through a process where it is coated with silicone oil. Silicone has a unique property, such as flowing freely like a liquid but also acting like a solid when under stress. Viscoelasticity, as this unique characteristic is known, is what gives kinetic sand its playful quality.
For example, kids can roll up kinetic sand into a ball and it will hold its shape for a short amount of time. However, it will eventually begin to flatten out as the sand particles stop sticking together. Unlike regular sand, you can mold kinetic sand into any shape you want without the use of water – which makes it a perfect toy to play with indoors. Kids can shape, cut, roll, slice or spread out the sand to make fun shapes.
The silicone coating doesn’t stick to any other elements, only itself, making kinetic sand easy to clean up. This is different from other sensory materials such as slime, which can get stuck to carpets, clothes and hair.
Another key benefit of kinetic sand is that it doesn’t dry out. Unlike clay, which tends to dry out over time, kinetic sand keeps its texture no matter how old it is. Kids can play with it for years without parents worrying that it will dry out and need to be replaced.
The Pink Kinetic Sand Buying Guide
- When looking for pink kinetic sand, consider how much you need. If this is your first kinetic sand purchase, it’s best to go with a larger quantity so there is plenty for kids to enjoy. If you already have other colors of sensory sand, you may be able to get away with a smaller quantity. You can find packages of pink kinetic sand as small as five ounces or as large as six pounds, with many options in between.
- One of the best ways to store kinetic sand is in a shallow, wide bin or tray that has its own tight-fitting lid. This way, kids can play with the sand directly in the bin, reducing the chances of spills and messes. When they are done playing, simply put the lid back on and stack the tray with other sensory toys or craft supplies.
- While pink kinetic sand is fun to play with on its own, just running it through fingers or smashing it with your hands, it can be even more fun if you have the right accessories. Some kinetic sand kits come with toys such as molds and plastic cutters, while others just include the sand. If you don’t have any special molds like seashell shapes or castle blocks, remember that kids can use plastic cups, lids or plastic containers as well.
- Kids will often want to mix different colors of kinetic sand together. While this creates a unique look and is an enjoyable process, keep in mind that mixing is permanent. Once they’ve mixed the colors together, it is impossible to separate them. Some people prefer to keep colors of kinetic sand apart so they can enjoy them separately instead of mixed together.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide