NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
Last updated date: July 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top NAKED Whey Protein Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best NAKED Whey Protein Powder you should buy.
You won't find any hidden ingredients in this NAKED whey protein powder. It contains just 100% grass-fed pure whey protein, vanilla and organic coconut sugar. It's cold-processed and contains 25 grams of protein per serving. In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the NAKED Nutrition NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best NAKED Whey Protein Powder for a detailed review of all the top naked whey protein powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS: 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein, Vanilla and Organic Coconut Sugar. Almost Naked Vanilla Whey contains no artificial sweeteners or colors and is GMO-Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free. MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 5g of Sugar, 8g of Carbs, 150 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acid) per serving.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On NAKED Whey Protein Powders
NAKED Nutrition was founded by a man named Steve Zieminski, who was tired of supplements that contained unnecessary ingredients. He set out to create a product line that was made up of ingredients that served a purpose. You won’t find any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives in any of the NAKED Nutrition why protein powders. There are a variety of formulas to choose from, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding one to match your dietary needs.
The company’s most basic formula, the NAKED Nutrition Unflavored Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder, might be the most versatile of their protein powders. It contains just one ingredient and is unflavored. Consumers can sprinkle it over a bowl of oatmeal, add it to a batch of muffins or mix it in a smoothie.
You can also go with a NAKED whey protein powder that is flavored. Both, the NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder and the NAKED Nutrition Strawberry Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder contain just three ingredients. They are made up of standard 100% grass-fed pure whey protein, organic coconut sugar for sweetness and their flavoring — the vanilla flavor uses vanilla, and the strawberry uses dried strawberries.
Another option is to take advantage of one of the company’s specialty blends. For example, the NAKED Nutrition Grass Fed Whey & Matcha Protein Powder adds an organic Japanese matcha green-tea powder, which is rich in antioxidants.
All of the NAKED whey protein powder supplements are cold-processed, which means they are never contaminated with heavy metals or other harsh chemicals during processing. They are also ideal for a variety of diets, as they contain no gluten, soy or GMOs.
DWYM Fun Fact
Whey protein is derived from dairy products and can be beneficial for everything from gaining weight to aiding muscles in their recovery after a workout. The Mayo Clinic also lists wound healing and a reduction in allergies as benefits of whey protein.
Whey protein also contains essential amino acids, which the body uses to build muscle, prevent illnesses and carry important nutrients throughout your system. Your body also uses them to build proteins and synthesize hormones.
The NAKED Whey Protein Powder Buying Guide
- If the NAKED whey protein powder you select doesn’t contain any organic coconut sugar for sweetness, you can still sweeten your smoothie in other ways. Half of a frozen banana, for example, will do the trick.
- Should mixing the NAKED whey protein powder with water not appeal to you, you can go with an almond or soy milk instead. You can also add raw cacao for a chocolatey flavor or a bit of vanilla.
- NAKED Nutrition’s website has a section dedicated to recipes and tips if you find that you need a little inspiration, or you simply want to try something new.
- Since whey protein is primarily derived from dairy products, it isn’t the best choice for individuals with milk sensitivities. There are other protein powders on the market that are dairy-free that would be a better choice for those individuals.
- It is important to note that the Food and Drug Administration does not regulate dietary supplements, which means that any health claims made about the product have not been verified by the FDA.
- Always run any dietary supplements by your family physician before you begin implementing them into your diet. This is especially important if you have any underlying conditions or you currently take any medications.
- If price is a factor in your purchasing decision, you’ll want to compare the price per serving of each NAKED whey protein powder. To get this figure, you need to divide the total cost of the product by the number of servings it contains. You’ll find the NAKED Nutrition Unflavored Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder is the best buy, which makes sense since it contains just one ingredient. The NAKED Nutrition Strawberry Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder has a more moderate price, while the NAKED Nutrition Grass Fed Whey & Matcha Protein Powder and the NAKED Nutrition Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder have the highest price tags per serving.