Nadiya Hussain Nadiya Bakes
Last updated date: December 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baking Cookbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baking Cookbook you should buy.
Update as December 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Baking Cookbook for a detailed review of all the top baking cookbooks.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Nadiya Hussain Nadiya Bakes placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
When Nadiya Hussain, the UK’s “national treasure,” began cooking, she headed straight to the oven—which, in her home, wasn’t used for baking, but rather for storing frying pans! One day, her new husband asked her to bake him a cake and then . . . she was hooked! Baking soon became a part of her daily life. In her newest cookbook, based on her Netflix show and BBC series Nadiya Bakes, Nadiya shares more than 100 simple and achievable recipes for cakes, cookies, breads, tarts, and puddings that will become staples in your home. From Raspberry Amaretti Biscuits and Key Lime Cupcakes to Cheat’s Sourdough and Spiced Squash Strudel, Nadiya has created an ultimate baking resource for just about every baked good that will entice beginner bakers and experienced pastry makers alike.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baking Cookbooks
Baking is a science, particularly when you’re dealing with sensitive foods like breads. In recent years, researchers have even worked to better understand how dough rises and deforms. This helps with finding ingredients and cooking techniques that can make baking easier.
Whether you’re new to baking or trying to level up your skills, a baking cookbook can be a big help. There are options available to beginners, as well as more advanced cookbooks with recipes for those with significant experience with a rolling pin. Whatever your level, though, a cookbook with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos can be a big help.
First, you’ll need to invest in the right products. Baking sheets, mixers and, of course, a good oven will help cover all the basics. You’ll also need some parchment paper, waxed paper and oven mitts. A good apron can help protect your clothing from stray bits of flour and dough while you work.
One thing to keep in mind when you’re learning to bake is that every failure is an opportunity to learn. If your dough doesn’t rise or the consistency is slightly off, make a note of what you can do differently next time and do just that. If you’re baking from a cookbook, insert a sticky note or slip of paper detailing how the recipe turned out and what you think you should try differently next time.
Before any cooking session, it’s important to double check and make sure you have all the ingredients. An entire recipe can be derailed because of one missing ingredient. You’ll also need to check all the pots and pans you’ll need to make your baked goods. Over time, you’ll purchase enough items that your kitchen will be well stocked and prepared for all your baking attempts.
The Baking Cookbook Buying Guide
- Baked goods don’t just include breads and cookies. You can make cookie bars, brownies, blondies, cakes, pies and pretzels. You might want to start with easier baked items like chocolate chip cookies and gradually work your way toward more complicated recipes that require letting the dough rise.
- A cookbook doesn’t have to limit itself to recipes. Some even build in cooking tips and techniques to help you learn as you try out new creations.
- The youngest members in your family can join in on the fun, too. There are cookbooks for kids. All you’ll need to do is find a way for your children to be able to comfortably work, perhaps on a shorter table. This can instill skills that will stick with them for a lifetime.
- Outdoor temperatures can affect how some baked goods turn out. Warm, rainy weather can be particularly concerning when cooking with dry ingredients. The humidity in the surrounding air can soak into products like flour and cause clumping. Cakes might deflate when air pressure is too low. Strategically adding ingredients and adjusting cooking techniques can help compensate for these issues.
- When measuring dry ingredients, use cups and spoons. Liquid ingredients should be measured using a clear liquid measuring cup specifically designed for that purpose.
- It can be tempting to switch up the order of adding ingredients, but some recipes are specifically designed for items to be added in a certain order. Try to follow the order of ingredients faithfully.
- As you get more comfortable baking, you can start to experiment. You might substitute or add ingredients to a recipe from your favorite cookbook or lessen the cooking time to make a baked good chewier or softer.
- Ovens can vary in temperature. Pay attention to how your baked goods do compared to what the recipe seems to expect. Over time, you’ll start to learn your oven’s heat variances and adjust all your recipes accordingly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide