Mylola KIDS XL Stuffed Animal Storage Bean Bag Chair
Last updated date: February 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Storage Bean Bag Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Storage Bean Bag Chair you should buy.
In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the Mylola KIDS Mylola KIDS XL Stuffed Animal Storage Bean Bag Chair placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Storage Bean Bag Chair for a detailed review of all the top storage bean bag chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
The Mylola Kids toy storage bean bag is made from 12oz cotton canvas a thick and premium quality material that does not tear easily and can withstand heavy loads. The reinforced corners help to protect from wear and are cute detail.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Storage Bean Bag Chairs
If you have young children, there’s at least one room of your house that’s filled with toys. Keeping the clutter under control can be tough, even if you only clean it all up when company’s coming.
Before you invest in a toy chest or a net that hangs on the wall, there’s a better option. Plush toys like stuffed animals can actually be used as insulation for a bean bag. All you need is a large zip-up cover, and those toys can become a soft, comfortable chair.
What began as a great idea has now become a competitive market, though. There’s no shortage of outer covers designed to be filled with stuffed animals, so it can be tough to choose just one. Be aware that some of these bags can hold up to 100 plush toys, and if you opt for a cover that’s larger than the toys you have, you’ll struggle to fill them.
The good news is, you aren’t limited to just toys. You can fill the cover with any number of soft items, including extra throw pillows, blankets, extra clothing or anything else that provides comfortable seating. Just make sure you choose toys and other items that won’t lose their shape with weight on top of them.
DWYM Fun Fact
Bean bags have come a long way since they first became popular in the 1970s. They were originally invented by three workers at an Italian furniture company. Early versions of bean bags had a leather outer cover with beans inside, but during an era when smoking inside was common, leather turned out to not be the most durable fabric. Over time, cotton, canvas and corduroy became more popular alternatives for bean bags, but they eventually began to vanish as the 1900s came to an end. They’ve seen a resurgence in recent years, with a wide range of size, fabric and filling options now available, including memory foam.
The Storage Bean Bag Chair Buying Guide
- One of the best things about storage bean bag chairs is that you can turn cleanup into a fun game. Some parents find their children are eager to keep their spaces clean, especially since it provides a seat.
- It’s important to keep in mind that these do not come with the beans you can get with standard bean bags. You can buy them separately if you choose, but if you plan to store toys in there, that’s not a good idea.
- The biggest safety concern with storage bean bag chairs is the zipper. Tiny fingers can get pinched with some zippers, so look for one that has tested this for safety.
- You can find storage bean bag chairs in a variety of fabrics, colors and designs, including various patterns and shapes. There are even bean bag chairs shaped like animals.
- As with any fabric that has been dyed, chemicals can be a problem. Look for a cover that promises nontoxic chemicals.
- Durability is an issue with some covers. Reinforced seams and high-quality zippers make a big difference in how long they last.
- Some covers come with a built-in handle, which becomes very convenient once stuffed with toys. You can easily pick it up and move it around.