MUXXN Deep V Back Mermaid Prom Dress
Last updated date: March 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mermaid Prom Dresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mermaid Prom Dress you should buy.
Update as March 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Mermaid Prom Dresses for a detailed review of all the top mermaid prom dresses.
The vintage look of this high-quality gown will bring classic style to your special evening. The material is polyester with just enough spandex to give it some stretch without clinging. A hidden zipper and a deep V in the back add drama and polish to the dress' smooth, satiny profile.
In our analysis, the MUXXN MUXXN Deep V Back Mermaid Prom Dress placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
92% Polyester, 8% Spandex. Imported. Zipper closure. Imported. Made from a black light stretchy sateen. Finished off with a hidden zipper at the back. A deep V at the back. Do carefully read the size guide in the detailed pictures, not the ones by Amazon on the side of the item that you click.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mermaid Prom Dresses
Prom season is costly for many families, and the iconic prom dress is often a large chunk of the average $900+ (as of 2015) that households spend on one prom. So, you’ll want to make the most of the experience and buy something Instagram-worthy and as unique as possible.
This may mean opting for the fashionable and elegant mermaid-style dress, which is fitted at the waist and hips but flares out at or below the knee to create a dramatic, sensual form reminiscent of a mermaid’s tail.
Mermaid silhouettes aren’t just a passing fad. The style has been seen in gowns since the 1870s, when women wore tight dresses that flared out at the bottom, making it tough to walk. But the style really took off in 1930 with fashions by designer Marcel Rochas, who brought the look to the catwalk. The trend continued into the ’50s and beyond, as it was worn by movie stars and models to create a classy, flattering look.
As you prepare for your prom, no matter what the current trends dominating the scene, you can’t go wrong with today’s mermaid gowns. Innovations have made it possible for designers to offer the look without sacrificing comfort. You can stand, walk, sit and even dance the night away without having to worry about your gown slowing you down.
To make that a reality, though, it’s important to look for a gown with spandex. That elasticity will help the gown conform to your body while still stretching to move with you. Even a little bit of stretch can make a difference.
With a long, form-fitting skirt, a slit can also help. It isn’t just for looks. This offers a bit more flexibility for leg movement as you’re sitting with friends, standing in line for pictures or dancing the night away.
The Mermaid Prom Dress Buying Guide
- Before you start looking around for a prom dress, it can help to have a budget in mind. Don’t forget that you’ll have to purchase shoes and accessories, so the cost can add up quickly.
- It’s best to start your dress shopping early. Dress selection can decrease as prom season nears, making it tough to find the perfect dress.
- Don’t be afraid to ask around to see if a shop can special order a dress you saw but can’t find for sale anywhere. Some stores can order certain items that you can’t get on your own.
- Expanding your dress search online can broaden your options significantly. Take measurements and look closely at size guides on each dress to find the perfect fit. With online shopping, getting an early start will give you the luxury of trying on multiple dresses and returning the ones that don’t fit.
- Consider undergarments while you’re shopping. That perfect dress might require a strapless bra or shapewear garment to get that clean look you want.
- Most formal gowns have zipper closures. Look for one with a hidden zipper that doesn’t detract from the look of the dress.
- Keep weather in mind while you’re shopping. Many proms are held in the spring after the winter thaw has gone away, but the night might still be chilly where you live. A thinner sleeveless dress might make it tough to keep the chill at bay unless you want to carry a wrap or wear a coat.
- Nothing jazzes a dress up like the use of sequins. If you’re opting for a gown that comes with sequins, though, make sure they’re securely attached. You won’t want pieces of your dress falling off as you move throughout the night.
- Some mermaid gowns have a true vintage look that can make you stand out at your event. This can be fun to pair with a hairstyle and makeup from the same era.
- If you plan to save your prom dress or sell it, you’ll need to consider how you’ll clean it after the event. It may require a trip to the dry cleaner, which can be pricey.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide