MusclePharm Combat Crunch Protein Bar
Last updated date: July 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as January 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Protein Bar for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the MusclePharm Combat Crunch Protein Bar placed 13th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
For the athlete on the go or the workout enthusiast looking for extra protein, MusclePharm delivers a delicious and protein-packed gluten-free protein bar. Combat Crunch baked non-GMO protein bars are made using a proprietary baking process for superior taste with a softer texture. These high-protein bars have a low level of active carbs and tons of fiber. Our multi-layered Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar delivers balanced nutrition along with a soft yet crunchy texture and amazing flavor. Unlike hard-paste, taffy-like sports bars, Combat Crunch is like eating a soft-baked cookie. It contains 20 grams of protein and features whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate. MusclePharm takes pride in using the best ingredients in our protein products. Combat Crunch Bars follow the standard of gluten free < 20 ppm gluten. They are low in sugar with high fiber and packed with high-quality protein isolates to meet your daily protein needs. Their dietary fiber supports healthy weight goals and digestion, while keeping you feeling full for longer. Combat Crunch Protein Bars have been the three-time recipient of Protein Bar of the Year, thanks largely to their delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough protein bars have been certified by Informed-Choice. Athletes who see the Informed-Choice logo on a product know it has undergone rigorous checks and testing to ensure it is not contaminated with banned substances and is completely safe to use. We take pride in making the best protein products designed for maximum protein intake with a delicious taste. Our Combat Crunch Bars are no exception to this rule. We sell Combat Crunch Protein Bars in a delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor, in a pack of 12 individually wrapped bars. We stand by the quality of each of our products.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Sometimes you just need a little something to sustain you until the next meal. Few things can fill that need as well as a protein bar. Tucking discreetly into a laptop bag or purse, protein bars are not only filling, but they can also ensure you get the extra protein you need as you head to the gym to build muscle. Some prefer a protein boost after a workout to enhance muscle recovery.
Whatever your use, there are certain factors to look for in a protein bar. Perhaps the first of those features is taste. While this can be subjective, there are some bars that specialize in giving you plenty of dessert-like options. If your mouth waters at the thought of a cookies-and-cream protein bar, consider looking for an option that offers those rather than the standard flavors like peanut butter or dark chocolate.
There have been multiple studies showing the benefits of protein before hitting the gym. One study found that 20 grams of whey protein before a workout improved anabolic response. If you’re looking for that type of benefit, you’ll find few protein bars have quite that level of protein. If you just want to stay full between meals, though, a bar with a lesser amount could do it.
As you’re looking at ingredients, it can be tempting to go for a bar that has the most nutrients. Aside from needing protein for your workout, though, you may not need an excessive amount of fiber or vitamins. Keep in mind you’re probably getting plenty of these nutrients in the other food you’re eating throughout the day.
Natural ingredients are a top priority for many consumers. It’s hard to find a protein bar that is completely natural, but you’ll find many that prioritize organic ingredients. If you have food aversions or allergies, there are bars that leave out gluten and soy. You’ll also find some protein bar manufacturers steer clear of GMOs in their ingredients.
The Buying Guide
- If you’re interested in protein bars, chances are health is a top priority. Look for a bar that is made from all-natural ingredients, like almonds, water, unsweetened chocolate and sea salt. However, you may find these bars have erythritol, a low-calorie sweetener that is a sugar alcohol, and sucralose, also known as Splenda, whose health effects have been questioned.
- Consider a plant-based vegan bar that is both tasty and healthy. However, you’ll find some isolates, extracts and synthetic ingredients in these bars, so read the nutrition label carefully before buying.
- If you’re concerned about genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, in your food, consider a protein bar made with no GMO ingredients. Some of these energy bars are made with rolled oats, chocolate and rich grains.
- If you have food allergens or aversions, you’ll be glad to know that many of the bars are gluten-free. Some are also soy-free.
- Of course, the top reason for choosing a protein bar is the protein itself. There are bars that have as much protein as 21 grams each. Others have just 8 or 9 grams of protein.
- Fiber can also help with your overall health, especially when it comes to keeping you regular. If this is important to you, look for bars with as much as 14 grams of fiber.
- Although taste can be subjective, some generally excel more than others. If you like dessert-like flavors, you may want to choose a brand that has plenty of decadent-sounding options like birthday cake, blueberry muffin and chocolate chip cookie dough. Some energy bars can be on the dry side, so you’ll want to keep a bottle of water nearby while you’re downing it.
- Hunger satisfaction is always an issue. Bars that are on the small side may not fill you up. However, these bars try to compensate for this by being low glycemic, which means the bars take longer to digest, keeping you full longer.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide