MUELLER Large 5L Salad Spinner & Vegetable Washer
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salad Spinners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salad Spinner you should buy.
Update as May 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Salad Spinner for a detailed review of all the top salad spinners.
Made with heavy-duty ABS plastic, this well-made and easy-to-clean salad spinner is built to contain even family-sized salads. Its 5-quart size will save you plenty of time. Instead of a push button, this spinner has a pull lever and a button stop feature, which makes it simple to use as well. It also offers a lifetime warranty.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the MUELLER Large 5L Salad Spinner & Vegetable Washer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Smart Choice. While other Salad Spinners struggle with quality and design issues, our patented design and quality craftsmanship solve those problems and make this the new standard in Salad Spinners. Anti-Wobble Feature - Revolutionary Pulling-Bar System and Braking Button on the Lid with 30% Heavier Duty 100% ABS plastic make our Salad Spinner the smart choice! Large Salad Spinner. Designed to be large enough for most of your daily needs, just over 5 quarts, some might say it's even Extra Large, all depends on your needs but this is definitely the best salad spinner, lettuce cleaner & dryer, kitchen gadget available! Best Patented Design. The only pull-controlled with the easiest button stop feature giving you more options than any of our competitors. Peace Of Mind. We know you have options, but we want to ensure you get the best with us, and that's why we offer a full LIFETIME WARRANTY!! We know you'll love it, but just to make sure you have peace of mind to, if you don't, you can simply let us know and we'll issue a full no questions asked refund! Unmatched Quality. German engineered! Made from high quality, food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic. Designed to be easy to operate and clean and dishwasher safe.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salad Spinners
Salads are yummy and healthy, but buying, cleaning and drying produce can be a lot of work. Making matters worse, after you wash your vegetables, the moisture seems to cling, creating a big pool of water on your plate. With a salad spinner, you can wick away all that moisture before you eat, keeping yourself and your family safe from contaminates without sacrificing a good eating experience.
A salad spinner typically has three components: the bowl, a removable strainer basket and a lid with a mechanism to operate the spinner on it. With the strainer basket installed in the bowl, you put your vegetables inside, place the lid on top, then press the button or move the knob. This produces a spinning motion that removes water from the produce.
Although salad spinners can take up a lot of space for a single-job item you may not use every day, some newer ones are built to be useful outside of spinning vegetables. You can remove the strainer and use it as a colander, for instance. Also, the large bowl can hold fruit, dinner side items or whatever else you need on a typical day.
Traditionally, salad spinners had a handle that you used to spin your salad manually. But more recent options build in a button or lever that you use to activate the spin function. On some, once the moisture has been removed to your satisfaction, you may press a brake that stops the spinning so you can quickly remove the items inside without being splashed with water.
The Salad Spinner Buying Guide
- Before you buy a salad spinner, consider where you’ll store it when you aren’t using it. A larger salad spinner can be great for whole families, but it also takes up more room than a smaller unit.
- Some spinners have an extra vent that lets you remove or add water without lifting the lid.
- Lightweight spinners can tend to wobble when they’re spinning. If you want a sturdier option, look for a spinner built with thicker glass or plastic that gives more stability. You can also look for spinners with a rubber base for more friction.
- Some salad spinners have to be hand-washed when you’re finished using them. If you’d prefer to just toss it in the dishwasher, look for a dishwasher-safe option that can resist the heat.
- Although many spinners feature a glass base, some are made with stainless steel. This can provide more stability while it’s spinning, but steel isn’t see-through like glass. If you opt for stainless steel, make sure it has a clear lid that allows you to see the internal contents so you’ll know when your produce is dry.
- One-handed operation can be convenient when you’re trying to do multiple things at once, so look for spinners with that option if it’s a priority.
- One of the best things about a salad spinner is that it will encourage you to eat healthier. Instead of thinking about how much work it will be to clean and dry your produce, you can easily wash the items, making it more likely you’ll indulge in veggies instead of less healthy snacks and side items.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide