Mud Pie Ceramic Countertop Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder
Last updated date: January 9, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sponge Holders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sponge Holder you should buy.
Update as January 15, 2023:
Checkout The Best Sponge Holder for a detailed review of all the top sponge holders.
In our analysis, the Mud Pie Mud Pie Ceramic Countertop Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ceramic sponge holder features resist “sponge” sentiment and cut-out slit for sponge storage. Measure 3.5″ x 3″ diameter. Hand washing is recommended.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sponge Holders
Investing in a sponge holder is one of the best ways to keep your kitchen sink organized. As the name suggests, this device is designed to hold sponges, scrub brushes and other cleaning supplies, making it easier to access them when needed.
Several types of sponge holders are available, including stainless steel models that can be attached to the wall, free-standing plastic holders and suction cup models that adhere to smooth surfaces like the inner corner of your sink.
To ensure your sponge holder stays clean, it’s best to frequently wipe it down with a food-safe antibacterial cleaner and dry it thoroughly. For stainless steel models, using a mild detergent is also recommended. If you opt for a suction cup-style holder, regularly check the suction cup and clean it as needed. Some sponge holders can be placed in the dishwasher for easy cleaning, but check the manufacturer’s instructions before doing this, as others are made of non-heat-resistant plastic and may melt in the dishwasher.
Part of keeping your sponge holder clean is also caring for the tools you store there. It is recommended to replace your sponge regularly, every two or three weeks, as sponges can harbor bacteria. Additionally, when cleaning dishes, you should always start with items like forks and spoons and then progress to cups, dishes and, finally, pots or pans.
Any cooking implements that come into contact with raw meat should be washed separately, and you should sanitize the sponge, if possible. If a dishwasher is an option for you, washing things that touch raw meat in the machine is a good choice, too.
Finally, if you or anyone in your household has food allergies, be sure the sponge you use does not touch any of those offending foods. If you prepare items someone in the home is allergic to, use a different sponge and sponge holder for the person with allergies.
The Sponge Holder Buying Guide
- A good sponge holder will stay in place on its own. Some suction cup models don’t adhere well to curved sink edges, though. If your sink doesn’t have a 90-degree angle at the corner, you may need to choose a different model sponge holder.
- Your sponge holder should allow plenty of air to flow around your sponge, gloves, brushes and other sink tools. This helps them to dry correctly and prevents the growth of mildew, mold and bacteria.
- As with anything you use in the kitchen, you must replace a sponge holder periodically. This is especially true if yours is made of metal that begins to rust or if you clean it only occasionally. Some long-standing gunk can be challenging to remove.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide