Mrs. Meyer’s Lavender HE Laundry Detergent
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top High Efficiency Laundry Detergents and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best High Efficiency Laundry Detergent you should buy.
Update as November 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best High-Efficiency Laundry Detergent for a detailed review of all the top high efficiency laundry detergents.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Mrs. Meyer’s Lavender HE Laundry Detergent placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day high efficiency laundry detergent features hard-working yet gentle cleaning agents, while also providing a special, singular scent for your entire home. Our Lavender scented laundry detergent has long been prized for its original and clean floral scent. Such a pretty and reassuring herb! Concentrated and effective yet gentle on clothes, our laundry soap really packs a punch when it comes to removing dirt and grime. Contains surfactants from plant-derived sources, dirt and stain-fighting enzymes, other thoughtfully chosen ingredients and, of course, those important essential oils. This biodegradable laundry detergent is HE compatible. Concentrated for 64 loads of laundry. Also available in other garden inspired scents and products such as body lotions, liquid hand soaps, candles, and so much more! Mrs. Meyer’s – rooted in goodness.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On High Efficiency Laundry Detergents
High-efficiency laundry detergent is specifically formulated for washing machines that are also designated as high efficiency. These machines use less water than traditional units, so high-efficiency laundry detergent is designed to create fewer suds and to disperse quickly. This way, it can offer the best possible clean, despite smaller amounts of water.
In most cases, you can determine whether a laundry detergent is designated as high efficiency by looking for the “HE” logo on the product’s package. Usually, these letters are surrounded by a stylized circle.
While it might be tempting to use whatever detergent you have on hand, you shouldn’t use regular varieties in your high-efficiency washing machine. These other detergents produce too many suds for the lower water levels in your machine, which could leave your clothes less clean, result in a longer wash cycle for machines with a rinse sensor. It could even cause the machine to overflow.
That said, it is completely acceptable to use high-efficiency laundry detergent in a regular washing machine. You will need to use more detergent than you would in a high-efficiency washer, since a traditional washing machine uses more water. Follow the instructions on the package to learn more about proper detergent quantities.
When shopping for a high-efficiency laundry detergent, you’ll be able to choose from HE versions of your favorite detergents, as well as many all-natural and fragrance-free varieties. Whether you want a fully biodegradable detergent or one without any added scents, there is a perfect option for you.
Best of all, many high-efficiency detergents come in multipacks, offering you the convenience of getting more detergent at a time, and often at bulk cost savings. Be sure to calculate the unit price per load when ordering your laundry supplies.
You may find that the detergent you’re considering costs more per load than a comparable brand, even though it costs less per package. Similarly, verify that a multipack is less expensive per load than a single unit of the detergent. While it might seem that buying in bulk should save you money, this isn’t always the case.
The High Efficiency Laundry Detergent Buying Guide
- When you are using high-efficiency detergent in a traditional washer, plan to use 1/4 cup for a normal-sized load of laundry.
- If you are using high-efficiency detergent in a newer HE washing machine, you will only need about 2 tablespoons to get an adequate clean.
- High-efficiency detergents come in a variety of concentration amounts, noted on the product’s packaging as “2X,” “4X,” “8X,” etc. Always check manufacturer instructions before adding detergent to your washer to be sure you understand what the product’s concentration means.
- Avoid mixing liquid and powder detergents in your washer. If you choose to use both types, don’t do so in the same load of laundry. Wipe out the remnants of one sort of detergent before using another.
- Consider the use of a washing machine cleaner periodically to rid it of molds and mildew. Particularly with a high-efficiency washer that is front-loading, smells can build up over time. Leave the washer door open a bit after each load to encourage proper drying and limit smells.
- Read product labels before purchasing a high-efficiency laundry detergent. Not all contain the same ingredients. Consider an all-natural or “free and clear” variety of detergent, especially if you have sensitive skin or have small children at home.
- If you don’t have a high-efficiency washing machine, you can price compare to determine whether a regular or HE detergent is the best choice for you. In some instances, the high-efficiency option may still come with cost savings.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide