Mpow Foam Ear Plugs
Last updated date: October 26, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ear Plugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ear Plug you should buy.
Editor's Note November 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Ear Plug for a detailed review of all the top ear plugs.
In our analysis of 231 expert reviews, the Mpow Mpow Foam Ear Plugs placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
What Makes a Good Ear Plug? 1. Easy to insert and remove. If the foam plug expands so quickly, you would have no time to squeeze them into ear canal. 45s can be a suitable expanding time. 2. Comfortable fit. It depends on the plug’s size and material. Large earplug may cause pressure to ear canal, if so, try a smaller one. Breathable foam earplugs often cause less hurt than silicone earplugs. 3. Good Noise Reduction. Plug’s noise reduction rating (NRR) shows their noise blocking performance. Higher ratings (like NRR 32dB) are generally better. Mpow ear plugs meets all fine qualities above! NRR 32dB High Noise Reduction Rating Disco/KTV: ≥90dB, damage to the hearing. After: ≤50dB, no damage to the hearing Airport: 80 – 89dB, unbearable. After: ≤40dB, relatively quiet Bedroom facing to the street: 60 – 79dB, suffer insomnia. After: ≤25dB, little quiet sound Noisy living room: 50 – 59dB, noisy. After: ≤15dB, nearly silent Bedroom: 40dB, quiet/soft voice. After: -, silent Warm Tips 1. Please keep it away from fire, sunlight and dampness. 2. Please keep remaining unused earplugs in seal. 3. Please wash your hand before use. 4. Please replace with a new pair after every 5-day use. Warranty: Every Mpow Product includes a 45-day money back & 18-month worry-free guarantee. Specification Name: Mpow foam earplugs Function: noise reduction Quantity: 60 pairs Material: PU Color: green Package Contents Earplugs ×60prs Aluminum case ×1 Storage bottle ×1
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ear Plugs
While attending loud concerts and participating in motorsports are fun, the noises produced at those events is often greater than 85 decibels, and as a result, capable of causing noise-induced hearing loss. People are also at greater risk for hearing loss when they are in close proximity to loud noises, like at a shooting range or when using power tools. You don’t need to give up all of these fun activities, however. Instead, you simply need a good pair of earplugs that will reduce the noise.
Earplugs are mainly sold in two different types of materials. The first is a urethane foam that is not only soft up against the skin, but also form-fitting. Mack’s Foam Ear Plugs, 50 Pair are easy to compress and insert into the ear. Once inserted, the foam will slowly begin to expand to fit the ear canal. The second material used in making the majority of earplugs is silicone. Mack’s Silicone Ear Plugs, 6 Pair is non-toxic and free of any allergens. It’s also moldable to your ear and able to keep water out.
While shopping for a quality set of earplugs, decide whether you’d like the plugs to have a central pull tab, a side pull tab or no tab at all. The benefit of having a tab is the ease in removing the earplugs when you’re ready to take them out. However, if you don’t have one, the earplugs become virtually invisible, drawing less attention to your ears.
Review your needs, and check that the earplugs are designed to meet those needs. Some models are great for kids with sensory processing disorders or adults who suffer from tinnitus. Ergonomically-designed plugs are better for users who need to wear them for an extended period of time, such as overnight to drown out the snores of a spouse. You also want to make sure the earplugs are capable of reducing sound without muffling the noise. Earplugs with attenuation filters are best for this.
Before making your final decision, look to see if the earplugs offer any extras. For example, the Eargasm High Fidelity Ear Plugs come with an aluminum case that doubles as a keychain. The Vibes High Fidelity Concert Ear Plugs also come with a hard storage case that protects your earplugs from coming in contact with dust or dirt.
The Ear Plug Buying Guide
- Check to see if the brand of earplugs you’re considering has been recommended by a doctor. You don’t want to risk sticking anything in your ear that may potentially cause harm.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before handling and inserting the earplugs.
- If you keep the earplugs in overnight, be aware that the plugs may push ear wax back further in your canal.
- Disposable earplugs should never be worn a second time. Earplugs that are designed for multiple uses must be cleaned regularly to prevent bacteria from entering the ear. This is accomplished by brushing the earplugs with a mixture of soap, water and hydrogen peroxide. You can use a toothbrush with soft bristles, just make sure you rinse the earplugs afterward and allow them to air dry before you use them again.
- Look for a safety seal on the container of the disposable earplugs if you have small children or pets at home. The earplugs can be a choking hazard.
- Read the product listing to determine whether there is a satisfaction guarantee. This way you aren’t wasting your money if the earplugs are unsuccessful at toning down external noises to acceptable levels.
- As you begin comparing the prices of earplugs, you’ll need to look at whether the earplugs are reusable and how many earplugs you get in each pack. On the lower end, you’ll find Mack’s Foam Ear Plugs, 50 Pair and Mack’s Silicone Ear Plugs, 6 Pair, both of which are disposable. The Eargasm High Fidelity Ear Plugs and the Vibes High Fidelity Concert Ear Plugs command a higher price for several reasons. Not only can they be worn multiple times, but they also come with a carrying case.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide