Mountain Valley Seed Butterfly & Hummingbird Wildflower Seed
Last updated date: September 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wildflower Seeds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wildflower Seed you should buy.
Update as October 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wildflower Seeds for a detailed review of all the top wildflower seeds.
In our analysis, the Mountain Valley Mountain Valley Seed Butterfly & Hummingbird Wildflower Seed placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This lavish selection of 23 annual and perennial wildflower seeds attracts hummingbirds, butterflies, honeybees, bumblebees, ladybugs, and other beneficial pollinators while providing seasons of enjoyment.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wildflower Seeds
Did you know there are over 20,000 species of flowering plants in North America alone? Flowers that grow in the wild without cultivation are called wildflowers. These kinds of flowers can be native to North America (called indigenous wildflowers), or they can be introduced onto the continent from other areas of the world (called naturalized wildflowers).
Wildflowers not only look beautiful and require very little maintenance, but they also help the surrounding environment. Their leaves, pollen and nectar provide food for the insects in the garden. They also offer them a sheltered place to breed. Insects pollinate the flowers, helping them spread seeds and expand their growing area. Other animals in the area, such as birds, bats and small mammals, feed on those insects. Some birds also eat the wildflowers, especially in the winter when food is scarce.
Growing wildflowers on your property helps to keep the soil healthy. When the wildflowers spread their roots, they help keep the soil in place. That way, when there is a lot of rainfall, the soil doesn’t get washed away. This also ensures that the important nutrients stay in the ground where the plants need them.
The Wildflower Seed Buying Guide
- How do you know how much wildflower seeds you need? Here’s a simple way to calculate the right amount: Measure the area of the garden where you want to plant wildflowers, and calculate the square footage. For example, for a circle-shaped plot, the formula is radius x radius x 3.14. For a rectangular-shaped plot, the formula is length x width. Then decide how densely you want to plant the wildflowers. For example, do you want them to be tightly packed together or look more scattered? For a dense planting, opt for 10 pounds of seeds for 10,000 square feet. For a sparse planting, opt for 10 pounds for 25,000 square feet.
- Quality is important when you’re buying wildflower seeds. Look for brands that have an inspection to ensure the seeds are weed-free.
- Wildflowers are hardy and can grow in rough conditions. Check to make sure that the seeds are designed for the growing zone you’re located in for the best results.
- If you want to create a stunning landscape, opt for wildflower seed packages that have a lot of variety. This way, you can have flowers of all different colors, shapes and sizes within your planting.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide