Motor Trend Universal Fit Car Floor Protectors, 4-Piece
Last updated: July 5, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Floor Protectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Floor Protector you should buy.
These car floor protectors have a two-tone design. They feature a ridge pattern to capture dirt, mud, slush and liquids. The mats have rubberized nibs on the bottom so they won’t slide around.
In our analysis, the Motor Trend Universal Fit Car Floor Protectors, 4-Piece placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PROTECTION FROM SPILLS & MESSES. Shield your car upholstery from stains, spills and everyday wear & tear with these waterproof floor mats. Our full set of front and rear all-weather floor liners feature multiple ridge patterns to help capture dirt, mud, slush and other debris that enter your vehicle. TWO-TONE SPORT DESIGN. Skip those basic black floor mats and give your car a new sense of style! Our DualFlex All-Weather Floor Mats are offered in a variety of colors to suit your unique tastes. They make it easy to add a splash of color and some style to any vehicle interior. WON’T MOVE OR SLIDE AROUND. Have peace of mind knowing that these mats will stay in place while you drive. Rubberized nibs on the bottom side help to keep things firmly in place during your daily commute. Ergonomic grooves on the top of each mat provide extra traction and comfort. TRIM TO A PERFECT FIT. Forget those overpriced custom-fit car floor liners! Our mats are made to be trimmed to a perfect fit for your vehicle using only a pair of scissors. Contour Guides make the trimming process quick and easy. Please check the dimensions of the mats before installation. LONG LASTING DURABILITY. Making an investment to protect your new car or truck is easy with our floor mats. We use only advanced performance rubber polymers that are tested in extreme conditions to ensure they don’t crack, split or deform over time. Your satisfaction is!
Car Floor Protector Rankings
Keeping the carpet in your vehicle clean is no easy job. From snow and rain to road salt and dirt, there is no shortage of ways the carpet can get dirty. If you have young children, the floor of your car will no doubt be filled with snack crumbs and juice spills. And pets add another layer of cleanup with their fur and dander. Cleaning the carpet in your vehicle is difficult, which is why car floor protectors are so helpful.
Car floor protectors are inserts you can install over your car’s carpet to make sure it stays clean. Car floor protectors are easy to remove and clean, which makes it simple to keep your car looking brand new no matter how many crumbs or spills you end up with.
There are two main types of car floor protectors: mats and liners. Mats are typically made from rubber or carpet (and sometimes both), and they fit into your car, covering most of the carpet and edges. Liners, on the other hand, are custom shapes, so they offer slightly more protection than mats because they go right up to edges of the car’s interior.
- Whether you’re looking for mats or liners, be sure to check how high the edges of the car floor protectors go. Having high edges with grooves and ridges protects your car from debris and spills. Otherwise the mess can get underneath the floor protectors and damage your carpet.
- Look for car floor protectors that have a hooking mechanism to attach it to the car in some way. This prevents the mats or liners from sliding around.
- The thickness of the car floor protectors is important because it helps to provide more absorbency. Thicker mats and liners are able to absorb more liquid, and they also provide the best cushioning for your feet.
- Most car floor protectors come in the traditional two-piece style, where there is a separate mat or liner for each footwell below the seat. However, some brands also provide a one-piece option, where the mats are joined in the center, covering the space in between the seats. Two-piece mats are much easier to install, but they provide less coverage than the one-piece mats. However, installing one-piece car floor protectors can be challenging.
- Some mats can be trimmed to give you a better fit in your vehicle.