Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench
Last updated date: July 6, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oil Filter Wrenches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oil Filter Wrench you should buy.
If you're looking for an oil filter wrench that offers a superior construction, this model is your best bet. It's made from a high-quality 6061 T5 aluminum. It's resistant to cracking and won't bend and break. In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Motivx Tools Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Oil Filter Wrench for a detailed review of all the top oil filter wrenches.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
The Best Oil Filter Wrench for Your Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Vehicle. This oil filter wrench offers the best fit, the best finish, and the best overall quality and will last the life of your vehicle. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, get your professional quality Motivx Tools oil filter wrench today. Why the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench is Better. We only use high quality 6061 T5 aluminum to construct our wrenches as opposed to lower cost, lower quality materials. Our wrenches are forged into shape under extreme pressure resulting in a very durable tool that will last the life of your vehicle. Most Toyota oil filter wrenches, while similar in appearance, are made of cast aluminum. Casting aluminum is much less expensive than forging but the result is a significantly weaker tool more prone to cracking and failure. Our wrenches are designed not only to engage the 64mm ring on the top of the oil filter housing, but the tabs below as well. This increases the contact area of the wrench on the housing decreasing the chances of stripping the plastic cap. Our Toyota oil filter wrenches are finished with a beautiful black anodized finish which isn't just for looks. It helps protect the aluminum from corrosion, makes clean-up after your oil change a breeze, and will never chip or peel like paint or other coatings. Application Information: This oil filter wrench is a perfect fit on all 2.0L to 5.7L in Toyota, Lexus, and Scion vehicles that use Toyota oil filter 04152-YZZA1, 04152-YZZA4, and 04152-YZZA5 including the new 2GRFKS 3.5L Tacoma and 8AR-FTS 2.0L in the NX200t and RC200t. It does not fit the 1.8L engine or vehicles that use disposable spin-on style oil filters.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Oil Filter Wrenches
Since oil filters are greasy, they can be difficult to remove without the proper tools. An oil filter wrench is a must-have, as it is able to provide a tight grip, even if the filter is oily. Whether you’re a professional mechanic looking to add an oil filter wrench to your tool collection or someone who enjoys doing their own vehicle maintenance, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind as you shop.
Check that the oil filter wrench is comfortable to hold. Some models come with rubber handles that allow for a good grip, while others have handles that are textured. You’ll also find models, like the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, that swivel a full 180 degrees. That allows for getting the tool into those hard-to-reach spaces.
Review which size filters the oil filter wrench is able to remove. It is possible to purchase a set with a small wrench that works on filters up to 4 inches in diameter and a large wrench that is able to accommodate filters of up to 6 3/8 inches in diameter. Other wrenches are made using a universal design that works on most passenger car and SUV oil filters.
Look for an oil filter wrench that is built to be tough and durable. For example, the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench is constructed from a high-quality 6061 T5 aluminum that won’t crack under pressure. Other wrenches are made from stainless steel, which is known for its ability to resist rust.
Determine if the oil filter wrench comes with any extra features that make it a better buy. The Neiko 03421A Two Way 3-Jaw Oil Filter Wrench comes with an adapter that allows you to use it with any 3/8- or 1/2-inch drive ratchet or breaker bar. There’s also the GOHAWKTEQ Universal 3-Jaw Oil Filter Wrench, which is completely waterproof.
DWYM Fun Fact
It’s important to change your oil filter regularly. There are a few general rules that most car owners follow that help them decide when it’s a good time to swap out the old filter for a new one.
First, you want to change your oil filter every time you change your oil. Most professionals recommend doing this once every three months, unless you drive 3,000 miles before 3 months’ time has passed. In that case, you’ll need to change it at 3,000 miles.
Second, you’ll need to replace your oil filter more often if your check engine light comes on or if the type of driving you do puts extra wear and tear on the car.
Third, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s better to change the filter before it becomes clogged than to wait and try to get a longer life out of it.
The Oil Filter Wrench Buying Guide
- You’ll need to make sure that the oil filter wrench fits your specific vehicle before you purchase it. You can check the product listing to search for your vehicle or use the handy verification tool that most sites provide at the top of your screen. You simply need to enter your vehicle’s year, make and model and click the “check fit” button.
- When using the oil filter wrench to loosen the filter, you need to turn it counterclockwise. To tighten the filter, turn the wrench clockwise.
- While replacing your filter, remember to oil the gasket and avoid over-tightening the new filter. Otherwise, you’ll have issues removing the filter the next time you need to change it.
- Make sure you have a dedicated space to store all of the tools you need to change your oil filter. This may be in the drawer of your tool chest or on a shelf in your garage, but keeping the tools together is the best way to prevent misplacing them.
- Take the time to clean your oil filter wrench after each use, as this helps extend the life of the tool. This is easily done with a few stainless-steel cleaning wipes. If you have WD-40 and a lint-free rag on hand, you could also use them to get your tool nice and clean.
- Since oil filter wrenches, in general, are not expensive, price shouldn’t be a hindrance to your purchase. Of course, you’ll still want to make sure you’re getting the best deal. You’ll find the Lisle 57030 Standard Oil Filter Swivel Wrench, Neiko 03421A Two Way 3-Jaw Oil Filter Wrench and GOHAWKTEQ Universal 3-Jaw Oil Filter Wrench are all affordable and priced within a few dollars of each other. You’ll pay a bit more for the Motivx Tools Oil Filter Wrench, which uses a more sophisticated design.