Modvel Breathable Cooling Gel Pillow
Last updated: November 17, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Gel Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gel Pillow you should buy.
This gel pillow will keep you feeling cool all night thanks to the ice fiber fabric. It is ideal for side, back and stomach sleepers. The innovative design helps support your back, neck and shoulders.In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Modvel Breathable Cooling Gel Pillow placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bamboo. NOW YOU CAN FINALLY SLEEP LIKE A BABY: Having trouble going to sleep at night? It may very well be your non-anatomic and non-orthopaedic pillow! Replace your uncomfortable and impractical pillow with the Modvel premium cooling gel memory bed pillow and make your life easier and your sleeping experience 100% more soothing! DISSIPATE THE TENSION AFTER A HARD DAY: Difficult day at school or work? Now you can unwind and relax at the comfort of your own bed with our orthopaedic and supportive memory foam pillow. Perfect for both side, back and stomach sleepers, our innovative design will help support your back, shoulders and neck, preventing pain and aligning your spine! FINDING THE COOL SIDE IS NOW A BREEZE: Flip the pillow around and let the ice fiber fabric keep you nice and cool on those hot summer nights. The breathable knit cover allows air to flow right through and wick away moisture, so you can enjoy a cool night’s sleep. Just remember! Our cooling sleep pillow will never replace your air conditioner on hot nights. NO-RETURNS-REQUIRED, JUST CONTACT US FOR FULL REFUND : Use our pillow Unsatisfied? Let us know, and you’ll get a full refund or replacement. That’s how much we stand behind the quality of our popular knee sleeve.
Gel Pillow Rankings
Having a good night’s sleep depends a lot upon your pillow. If it’s lumpy and hot, you’re likely going to be tossing and turning all night, flipping your pillow over hoping to find a smooth, cool side. An excellent option is a gel pillow, which helps provide a comfortable and cool night’s sleep. This is a kind of pillow that has layers of gel or gel-infused memory foam within the pillow. The role of the gel is to keep sleepers cool during hot nights.
There are two main kinds of gel pillows: One kind has layers of cooling gel near the exterior of the pillow. In some cases, these gel layers are actually removable so you can just use them on hot nights. Another kind of gel pillow uses gel-infused memory foam or polyfoam instead of actual gel. This is not removable unlike the layers of gel.
Gel pillows are designed for those who sleep warm. Regular pillows can absorb and retain heat while you sleep, so they can actually cause you to get even hotter at night. Gel pillows also work well for side sleepers because they align the spine, neck, shoulders and back while in that position. They also help alleviate pressure points better than regular pillows. Many pregnant women find gel pillows helpful for lowering their night temperature. Some even use gel pillows to prop up their knees or legs, in addition to their head. Gel pillows are also an excellent choice for those who suffer from allergies. Pillows filled with down can cause itchy eyes and sneezing in some people. However, gel pillows are made with hypoallergenic materials.
- Consider what kind of gel pillow is best for you. Gel-infused memory foam pillows are cushiony and offer pressure-point relief. Pillows that have a layer of gel may offer more flexibility, especially if the gel is removable. You also have the option to get a gel pillow that has a reversible design. These pillows have one gel side and one non-gel side, so you can go based on your temperature and preference each night.
- Some gel pillows are made as one piece, while others have shredded foam inside. The pillows that are one-piece offer a consistent firmness along the whole surface of the pillow. Shredded foam pillows can be adjusted. You can actually remove or add to the pillow to make it firmer or softer as you please.
- What kind of firmness do you need in your gel pillow? Some gel pillows actually have dual firmness levels so each side is different. This offers more flexibility. If you have pains in your shoulders, neck and head, the firmness of the pillow is critical. Getting the wrong firmness level can further affect your discomfort.
- Regular pillows have a contoured shape, while many gel pillows are flat and even all over. Consider what is most comfortable for you.
- Check to see whether the gel pillow comes with a cover. This should be made out of a breathable material like cotton and rayon. Polyester can also help to keep you cool at night.
- Keep in mind that each time you shift on a gel pillow, it needs a few seconds to re-establish your position and provide comfort. This can take some getting used to, especially if you have only used down-filled pillows before.