MIXJOY Orthopedic Donut Cuddler Round Dog Bed
Last updated date: October 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dog Beds and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dog Bed you should buy.
Update as October 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dog Bed for a detailed review of all the top dog beds.
This dog bed is made using a high-quality faux shag fur that provides added warmth during the cold winter months. It has a unique circular design that gives your pup the feeling of a cuddle. The bed is machine washable and lightweight, which means you can easily pack it when taking a trip.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the MIXJOY Orthopedic Donut Cuddler Round Dog Bed placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The bed is about 23”x 23”x 6'', perfect for your cat, or small dog up to 25lbs. With faux shag fur, the round bed is ultra soft, warm and comfortable for your lovely friends. Urable nylon and luxurious faux fur come together help your pets restful sleep for improved behavior and better health.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Stephanie Mantilla is a positive reinforcement-based animal trainer who has worked with a variety of animals, from lizards all the way up to cheetahs and lions. She now runs the pet blog Curiosity Trained, writing about training and enrichment for your dog and cat. She holds a behavioral husbandry professional development certificate from the
After spending 12 years training exotic animals as a zookeeper, she now helps pet owners create fulfilling lives for their pets. No matter the animal, they all require similar things to make their lives enriched and prevent behavioral issues. Stephanie’s mission is to help pet owners make the lives of their pets the best that they can be.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dog Beds
You love your pup and you want him or her to be able to rest comfortably when taking a nap or sleeping at night. A dog bed (dog mattress) is a great way to do this, and the best part is that you can easily move the dog bed into any room. That way, if you’re watching TV in the living room, your dog will be close by. When shopping for the perfect dog mattress, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
Before you make your purchase, consider what you already know about your dog’s behavior and sleeping style, says Stephanie Mantilla, a positive reinforcement animal trainer who runs the blog Curiosity Trained.
“Some dogs prefer raised beds, others prefer beds with ‘arms’ to rest their head on, while others prefer cushy memory foam to sprawl out on,” she says.
Examine the bed’s construction and the materials it is made out of to ensure it will be soft against your dog’s fur. The Majestic Pet Products Bagel Pet Dog Bed is made out of premium materials that are extremely comfortable. It has a self-warming feature, so that pups gets warmer and warmer the longer that they lay in bed. Other models are also hypoallergenic, which is great for dogs with allergies.
If you live in a warmer climate, or you have hot summers, you may want to look for a memory foam mattress filled with gel foam. The gel keeps the dog bed from becoming too hot and provides a cooling sensation that is welcome when temperatures outside reach 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Determine if your dog needs added orthopedic support. Some models have bolstered sides that help with this. Others, like the PetFusion Ultimate Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed, use a special memory foam mattress that helps with muscle aches, joint pain, hip dysplasia and arthritis.
Flip the mattress over and take a look at the bottom. Beds like the MidWest Homes Deluxe Super Plush Dog Bed have a non-slip bottom to prevent the mattress from sliding across the room every time your dog tries to lay in it. This isn’t a must if you have carpet, but it is ideal for those who have tile and hardwood flooring that can be slippery.
If your dog is a chewer, certain beds aren’t ideal. Look for the words “tear-resistant” on the product packaging to ensure you aren’t buying a bed that will only last a few days.
Check to see if the company implements any environmentally-friendly practices. For example, the PetFusion Ultimate Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed uses recycled green polyfill for the bolsters.
Finally, consider the extras, like water-resistant covers that protect against leaks, and a variety of colors to match the room in your home where you plan on placing the dog bed. Most dog beds are sold in small, medium and large, although some companies also have an extra-large option.
If you’re looking for a mattress that’s easy to keep clean, consider one with a removable cover, suggests Mantilla.
“Having an easily removable cover makes washing easy,” she says. “This will keep the bed and your house from smelling. My best tip is to get an extra cover for the bed so that your dog can still use the bed while the other cover is being washed.”
The Dog Bed Buying Guide
- Look for a money-back guarantee or a product warranty. If there is a warranty, it is most likely limited and only good for two years. However, this added protection will come in handy if anything should happen to your mattress before your dog has even had time to enjoy it.
- Check the product label for washing instructions. Some dog mattresses are machine washable and dryer safe, while others are not. There are even models on the market that have a cover, so all you need to do is unzip the cover and toss it in the washing machine to get it clean. Even if the mattress is safe to toss in the washing machine, the label may warn not to use bleach, as this could harm the fabric. There may be restrictions when it comes to the dryer as well, such as only tumbling the bed cover on low heat.
- Schedule weekly cleanings for your dog mattress. In between cleanings, you may wish to use your vacuum to suck up any pet hair or dirt that got tracked in after your pup came in from playing outdoors. You’ll also want to keep an eye on the bed for fleas and ticks during the summer months, as it is possible for your dog to pick these up while spending time in your yard.
- Depending on the type of foam used to make the dog mattress, you may notice an odor when you first open the packaging. Airing the mattress out for a few days should do the trick. If there are any lingering odors, you can sprinkle baking soda over the bed and let it sit overnight. Simply vacuum the powder up the next morning, and the mattress will be ready for your dog.
- While reviewing prices, it is important that you compare like sizes and features. The Majestic Pet Products Bagel Pet Dog Bed and the PetFusion Ultimate Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed have added bolsters, which means they require more material to put together. It makes sense then that they cost a little more than the MidWest Homes Deluxe Super Plush Dog Bed, which doesn’t have any bolsters.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide