mixinni Zipper-Closure & Ties Duvet Cover Set, 3-Pieces
Last updated date: June 18, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Duvet Cover Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Duvet Cover Set you should buy.
Update as July 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Duvet Cover Sets for a detailed review of all the top duvet cover sets.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the mixinni Zipper-Closure & Ties Duvet Cover Set, 3-Pieces placed 5th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A duvet cover is a cover for duvet. The duvet cover protects duvet during use. As cozy and warm as a comforter, but more lightweight and easier to maintain, great for people who like to switch up their bedding frequently. We believe that so much of life—well-being, productivity, feeling good—relies on a good night sleep. If your bed is a place you love it’s easier to get a good night’s rest. We genuinely hope that our Flowers&Birds Pattern Bedding Duvet Cover Set can help you get to bed early, to wake up refreshed, and to enjoy those everyday moments.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Duvet Cover Sets
If you’re unfamiliar with duvets (pronounced doo-vays), they sit on top of beds, but they are not the same as comforters. Muddling things further is the fact that duvets also differ from duvet covers!
To clear up some of this bedding confusion, you can compare a duvet to a soft, flat bag stuffed with down or a down alternative such as feathers, polyester, silk or wool. The purpose is to add warmth like a comforter, but duvets are usually plain-looking; you can also think of a duvet as a duvet insert.
A duvet cover is usually made by sewing up two rectangular sheets of fabric on all four sides. One piece is cut lengthwise, right down the middle, where the insert goes in. Since duvet inserts aren’t typically decorated, the duvet covers feature assorted designs, patterns and fabrics. The cover then protects the insert and keeps it clean. You can switch out your duvet inserts and covers according to the season (or whenever you feel like it).
Many duvet covers have ties to prevent the inserts from bunching up and shifting inside the cover. The cover openings then get closed with buttons, zippers or other ties. Some people put thick blankets inside duvet covers instead of inserts, and this way, a good insert or blanket will last for many years; plus, the covers are not as expensive as comforters.
The cover size has to be somewhat larger than the insert; queen-size ones are about 90 inches by 90 inches or slightly larger. The material you choose for your cover depends on your personal preferences; most are machine-washable.
Many come with matching pillow shams, which help protect your pillows and keep them clean. It also presents a neat, cohesive look to your bedding when you have pillow shams set atop a matching duvet cover. You must wash duvet covers more often than the inserts, so it can be helpful to find a duvet cover that’s easy to machine wash and dry.
The Duvet Cover Set Buying Guide
- Duvet covers and pillow shams do not come with inserts.
- Check the stitching on duvet covers and shams to ensure they are even and secure.
- Choose a solid color duvet cover set to add a pop of color that complements your décor.
- Patterned duvet sets are lovely if you prefer to use them as focal points in the bedroom.
- Some duvet covers are reversible.
- It’s easier to put a duvet insert into a cover with ties. Another method is to use safety pins so the insert doesn’t bunch up inside the cover.
- Duvet covers can also have filling, while others are just fabric; the latter is good for the warmer months.
- Down fillings are exceptionally warm, but some people are allergic to them. Down-alternatives can work just as well.
- Always close duvet cover zippers before laundering.
- Buy the correct size duvet cover sets for your bed; a king set will be too large for a queen, and so forth.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide