Mirror On A Rope Shadow-Free Shower Mirror
Last updated date: January 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shower Mirrors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shower Mirror you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2022:
Checkout The Best Shower Mirror for a detailed review of all the top shower mirrors.
This shower mirror has adhesive removable hooks, so you can install it anywhere you want. If you want the mirror a little higher or lower, you can take the hook off and move it to a new location. The rope feature also allows you to position the mirror so that you don't have to deal with any annoying shadows.
In our analysis of 95 expert reviews, the Mirror On A Rope Shadow-Free Shower Mirror placed 7th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Take control of your reflection with a ReflectXL and you'll have a clearer view of yourself than you'll get from any unlit wall mounted shower mirror. Not being stuck to the wall means that you can put the mirror where you need it, to best use the light available in your shower. Our goal at Mirror On A Rope is to make the best mirrors for your shower. While more expensive than glass, the acrylic that we make our mirrors from has about 18x more strength (making them safer) than glass. The reflection is also uniform (not wavy) and the light transmission properties are excellent. In other words, you see yourself as you are. We've made numerous improvements since Mirror On A Rope introduced it's mirrors on Amazon in 2013. You'll see other shower mirrors that look similar to ours at first glance but none can offer the hanging versatility of a Mirror On A Rope mirror, the durability of our added protective backing and the quality of our U.S. made materials. If you are tired of mirrors with fog free coatings that last only a few days to a few months and then become junk, step up to a Mirror On A Rope ReflectXL. Take control of your reflection by putting a mirror in your hand that works like it's brand new every time when you follow 3 easy steps. Hard water stains are no problem, illumination is no problem and fog (condensation) is no problem. Mirror On A Rope is an original and we stay ahead all of the time through constant innovation and JIT manufacturing at our workshop in Connecticut. When you use a Mirror On A Rope shower mirror you will understand why we consistently rate higher than our copycats. It's because we've listened to our customer's stories about their experiences. Thanks for the constructive feedback and reviews and happy shaving.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shower Mirrors
Shaving in the shower instead of at the bathroom sink is becoming more and more popular among men. Perhaps this is because less mess is made, making clean-up is a breeze. Another reason may be the fact that the bathroom mirror fogs up repeatedly, making the entire shaving process take much longer than it needs to.
Shaving mirrors are an excellent tool to speed up your morning routine. Before you buy one, there are a few things you’ll want to know.
Make sure the model is shatterproof. The last thing you want to do while installing the shower mirror is drop it and risk getting a nasty cut.
Next, look for a protective coating that is both fog-free and shadow-free. Stopping to wipe the mirror constantly while the steam continues to build in the shower won’t save you time. You want a model that states it is guaranteed not to fog, or fog-free for life.
How is the shower mirror attached to the wall? Does it use adhesive or suction cups? Suction cups work well, but they don’t hold their grip as long as adhesive. Additionally, you want to make sure the adhesive is removable so that you can adjust the mirror as needed.
Determine how adjustable the shower mirror is. Can you tilt it down when shaving your chin and then tilt it back up to shave across your cheek bones? Perhaps the unit hangs from a rope. This option would also allow you to position the mirror in a myriad of ways.
Check for any extras. For example, does the model feature a shelf that can hold your razor or is there a light to make it easier to see when you close the shower curtain and block the bathroom light? Does it come with a squeegee to wipe down the mirror after each use? Sometimes it’s the extra features that help you decide between the best two options.
The Shower Mirror Buying Guide
- It’s always a good idea to dry the shower mirror off at the end of each shower with a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Over time, soap scum can build up on your mirror. When that happens, you’ll need to use one of several methods to remove it. You can use shaving cream or shampoo. Simply rub the mirror with the product to dissolve the soap scum and then rinse clean. Another option is to wipe down the mirror with a dryer sheet.
- Never use vinegar or an abrasive cleaner on the shower mirror. These agents are harsh, and they will remove the protective coating that prevents the mirror from fogging up. The abrasive cleaner may also scratch the surface of the mirror, making it harder to see during a shave.
- Should your mirror’s fog-free coating start to lose its effectiveness, apply a thin coating of a rain-repellent product made for car windshields. This is a handy solution to extend the life of your mirror.
- Command makes large water-resistant strips for use in showers and bathtubs. If the adhesive on your shower mirror starts to come loose, these strips will work well to get your mirror back in place.
- When considering the price of a shower mirror, you’ll need to take a look at a few features. For example, mirrors that use a more reliable adhesive will cost slightly more than models that use suction cups. Size is also a factor, as larger surfaces command a higher price. If you’re willing to forgo extras, such as an attached shelf for storing your razor, you’ll be able to purchase a shower mirror at a lower amount.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide