Milliard Lightweight Portable Kids’ Bed Rails & Rail Guards, 2-Pack
Last updated date: May 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Bed Rails & Rail Guards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kid's Bed Rail & Rail Guard you should buy.
Update as May 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Bed Rails & Rail Guards for a detailed review of all the top kids' bed rails & rail guards.
Constructed using a bamboo cover, this kids' bed rail & rail guard set is soft to the touch. It's also hypoallergenic for sensitive kiddos and designed to be waterproof. The non-slip design ensures the guards don't shift or move out of place during the night.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Milliard Lightweight Portable Kids’ Bed Rails & Rail Guards, 2-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect for transitioning from crib to big bed; works with any size bed from toddler to king and even as a bed divider for co sleeping. Features a non-slip bottom so you can rest assured that your child is safe and sound. Our super soft bamboo cover is natural and washable, yet still waterproof so the bumper can last you years to come. So easy to install and ultra-light for travel. Size: 52x7x4.5″. Our bed bumper conforms with all federal safety regulations including ASTM F2085-12 Safety Specification for Portable Bed Rails – Child may roll over the bumper, or push aside, and it is not intended to prevent falling out of the bed.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Bed Rails & Rail Guards
At some point, it will be time for your toddler to move from the crib to a bed, but that move can bring worry for parents. You won’t want your child to roll out of bed in the night, but without the safety of the crib’s high sides, there are no guarantees.
That’s where bed rails can help. These guards are designed to keep your baby securely in place throughout the night. If the bed is immovable and pushed snugly against the wall with no gap in between, you may be able to get away with just one rail. But if not, you’ll need one on each side to provide security.
There are safety concerns when it comes to bed rails, though. It’s important to make sure the rail you choose is sized for the type of bed your child will be using. Look not only for whether it’s sized for twin, full and/or queen beds, but also measure the length of the bed and check how much of each side of the bed the rail will cover.
Note that Consumer Reports and child safety experts only recommend safety rails for adult bed sizes. However, you can find some products specifically designed to be used with the smaller, lighter mattresses used on toddler beds and in cribs: just make sure to check carefully.
It’s also important to look at the design of the rail itself. For one thing, it should not create a gap that children can get trapped in. You may also want to look at how it attaches to the bed — hardware can make installation more difficult but is recommended to make sure rails don’t pull away from the bed during use. Ideally, the rail will feature a solid frame but have a softer surface so if your child bumps into it, it won’t cause injury. Many rails may also have rounded edges to reduce the risk of injury. These small safety features can make a big difference, especially if you have more rambunctious children.
The Kid's Bed Rail & Rail Guard Buying Guide
- It’s time to switch to a toddler bed when your child reaches 35 inches in height or starts trying to climb out of the crib. A rail can provide that extra peace of mind as your child transitions to a more grown-up sleeping space.
- Look at how the rail will attach to the bed. Some can slide around, so if you’re concerned about safety, choose one that either uses a strap or screws to clamp firmly onto the bed.
- You’ll want to be able to pull the rail out of the way when the child is climbing in and out, or when you’re ready for a bedtime story. Most modern bed rails will easily fold down and back up again.
- Assembly is an important consideration. Pay attention to how easy it will be to set the rails up once they arrive. Some bed rail manufacturers even provide videos to demonstrate the installation process.
- When looking at how the rail attaches to the mattress, make sure it won’t lead to an uncomfortable sleeping experience for your little one.
- Bed rails come in different color options. You’ll typically see them in either white or gray, but there are also many brightly-colored options, if you’re trying to match a color scheme.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide