Milemont Swirl Gel Memory Foam Cooling Mattress Topper
Last updated date: August 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cooling Mattress Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooling Mattress Topper you should buy.
Have a great nights’ sleep with plush memory foam. This cooling mattress topper is infused with temperature-regulating gel beads to prevent overheating. Plus, the mattress distributes your weight evenly to alleviate pressure points. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Milemont Milemont Swirl Gel Memory Foam Cooling Mattress Topper placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cooling Mattress Topper for a detailed review of all the top cooling mattress toppers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Your uncomfortable mattress should not keep you awake at night while solutions are right here!! It is time to invest in a mattress topper. Owning a mattress topper could be the easiest way to get luxury slumber.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cooling Mattress Toppers
Is there anything worse than waking up in the middle of the night in a puddle of sweat? When the weather gets warmer, having a restful and comfortable sleep can be difficult for some people. It doesn’t help that many mattresses actually trap heat in and feel very warm in the summer months. If you’re a warm sleeper, it’s time to look into a cooling mattress topper.
The job of a mattress topper is to make your bed more comfortable. If your regular mattress isn’t feeling as soft as it used to or if you want a different kind of support, then a mattress pad is a good investment. For those who want to feel cool all night, a cooling mattress topper is designed to regulate body temperature so that you don’t overheat while you sleep.
There are two main types of cooling mattress toppers: active and passive. Active cooling mattress toppers use a cooling agent such as a fan or water pump. A passive cooling mattress topper works differently, using the actual materials it is made out of to keep you cool. Often cooling mattress toppers are made out of gel-infused foam or another material that is responsive to temperature. This material can actually absorb your body heat and transfer it out. Unlike mattresses that absorb heat and actually feel hot to the touch, cooling mattress toppers keep the sleeping surface at a comfortable temperature throughout the night. Some cooling mattress toppers are actually designed to be kept in the fridge so they are cool to the touch when you sleep on them. However, their temperature heats up once they are used.
DWYM Fun Fact
Keep your cooling mattress topper feeling fresh. It’s important to clean it on a regular basis to avoid any odors or bacteria build up. Many cooling mattress toppers, especially those with cotton covers and down fillings, can actually be machine washed and tumbled dried.
For mattress toppers that are made out of memory foam, it’s best to spot clean them. You cannot place them in the washing machine as they may tear. One easy way to clean them is to place your memory foam cooling mattress topper on the floor and vacuum it. Be sure to flip it over and do the other side as well. You can also deodorize your topper with a solution of one part laundry detergent and two parts warm water. Spray it evenly with a spray bottle over the mattress topper and let it dry completely before using.
The Cooling Mattress Topper Buying Guide
- Be sure to pay attention to the type of material the cooling mattress topper is made out of. Opt for a cool fabric cover like cotton, rayon or bamboo. For the filling, look for a material that is designed to stay cool regardless of the sleeper’s body temperature. For example, goose and duck down (or alternative), memory foam and foam with gel are good options to look for.
- In addition to temperature, support is a major factor for many shoppers. Consider whether you prefer a firm sleeping surface or a soft one. Some cooling mattress toppers provide more comfort with their plush feel, while others conform to your body and are on the firmer end.
- If you suffer from allergies, be sure to look for a cooling mattress topper that uses hypoallergenic materials. This will help you avoid runny eyes, runny nose, sneezing and itching during your sleep, which can cause a lot of discomfort and wakefulness.
- Depending on the kind of comfort you’re looking for, pay attention to the thickness of the topper. Go with one that is between two and three inches thick, which provides enough support, comfort and cooling properties to help you have an uninterrupted sleep.
- If you’re sensitive to smell, keep in mind that cooling mattress toppers made out of memory foam, natural latex and feathers may release an odor when they are taken out of the package. Over time, this odor will fade.
- Durability is a key factor, especially if you plan on using your cooling mattress topper year-round. Some materials can lose their temperature regulating properties after a few years, so look for one that focuses on longevity and durability. This way, you won’t need to make another purchase in a few years.