MILBURGA Whiskey Decanter Set with 2 Glasses & Oak Stand
Last updated date: October 26, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bar Serving Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bar Serving Set you should buy.
In our analysis of 46 expert reviews, the MILBURGA MILBURGA Whiskey Decanter Set placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bar Serving Set for a detailed review of all the top bar serving sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
As any whiskey drinker and aficionado knows, sipping on an Old Fashioned or a Johnnie Walker neat is completely different than drinking beer or wine. As such, it has its own set of rules and etiquette that demand respect. We created this luxury line of whiskey serving accessories to offer a regal yet fun way to enjoy your favorite liquors. You know… the way great whiskey like Macallen or Glenfiddish was intended to be consumed. glass liquor decanter ship wood with stopper and rock glasses for drinking Ultimate Whiskey Drinking Experience This complete whiskey decanter and glass set comes with a cylinder carafe, a spout for easy and convenient pouring, a stained, dark oak stand, 2 whiskey tumblers, topped with an airtight stopper and furnished in a beautiful gift box. A true display of sensational aesthetics and gifted craftsmanship, these barware accessories make for the perfect gift set for Father’s Day, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, a wedding, a graduation, or a housewarming. whiskey alcohol decanter dispenser with ship boat serving set accessories and gifts for holidays Specifications 1150ml Decanter with Glass Stopper Stainless Steel Dispenser Attachment Two 7.4oz (220ml) Lead-Free Crystal Scotch Glasses Patent Pending Dark Brown Oak Wooden Stand Burgundy Colour Gift Box with the Milburga Gold Foil Logo Milburga Antique Sailing Ship Decanter Set lead free whiskey decanter and glass set personalized gift set for men dad navy husband groomsmen decanter with glass stopper with whiskey tumblers jim beam jack daniels jameson johnny walker lead free whiskey decanter with rocks glasses drinking accessories bar supplies Premium Craftsmanship Our unique whiskey carafe set is handcrafted by skillful master glass artisans with specialized craftsmanship and exceptional style. Encased in the clear, hand-blown decanter is a glass ship that gives the impression that it’s floating - a special feature that separates the Milburga whiskey serving set from all the other ones on the market. Great Home Bar Addition Rest in the grooves of a Scandinavian-designed, handcrafted oak wood base, this nautical-themed drinking set is perfect to display on your kitchen counter, home bar, or liquor cabinet, and will command the attention of any room. Bold and handsome, this stunning product is just as much a decorative piece as it is a highly-functional alcohol dispenser. The Perfect Gift Looking for a great way to really “wow” a friend, your boss, your husband, your son or anyone that appreciates unique presents or is a fine whiskey enthusiast? Our stunning glass liquor decanter set comes packaged in a magnetic closure gift box with embossed gold foil logo, making it a perfect gift for groomsmen, weddings, anniversaries, Father’s Day or housewarmings. godinger prestige royal decanter jillmo the wine savant maketh the man ashcroft finedine willow everett kanars distilla venero leebs brotec tangra lord's rocks Ship Decanter Set Twist Decanter Set Twist Glass Set 100% Lead-Free ✓ ✓ ✓ Wooden Box ✓ ✓ Complete Set ✓ ✓ Capacity 1150 ml 850 ml 300 ml
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bar Serving Sets
If you keep liquor around the house, you need a good serving set. This is especially true if you regularly host guests. With a decorative set of glasses, you’ll immediately send the message that it’s time to relax and enjoy a good drink.
One of the most important features of a serving set is the decanter. Although decanters are great for holding your beverages for pouring later, they actually serve a very important purpose. A decanter is designed to help your liquor retain its flavor and consistency. They’re particularly popular for whiskey and wine, although the two beverages need very different types of decanters, so make sure you choose the one that fits your own needs.
A decanter allows the liquid inside to breathe, so in using it, you’ll find your drinks are more richly flavored than if you’d poured them directly from the bottle. But each decanter comes with a stopper that should create an airtight seal when in place. One of the biggest issues with decanters is that the included stopper allows air through, so make sure your chosen set has a decanter with a good seal.
When you consider bar serving sets, you probably think solely of your favorite after-work drink. But some serving sets are versatile enough to use with any type of beverage, from your morning glass of orange juice to that iced tea you like with lunch. If you prefer a multipurpose serving set, make sure you look for that while you’re shopping.
Many decanters are made using crystal, and that meant at one time, lead was found in the decanters people used. If you’ll be storing your beverages in your decanter for a period of time, this could become a problem, as the lead could leach into the liquid and create health concerns. Check for verbiage that indicates the bar set is lead-free.
DWYM Fun Fact
A decanter can come in handy for entertaining, but it likely isn’t necessary for storing your favorite liquors. Whiskey, in particular, won’t benefit much from being stored in a decanter. According to the Scotch Whisky Association, bottled whiskey is a finished product, which means it will pretty much taste the same whether decanted or not. But as your whiskey levels drop in that original bottle, the liquor will start to oxidize. One beverage that does benefit from decanting is wine, which does lose its quality with oxidation. Decanting also helps remove sediment in some wines, so wine drinkers may find a bar set brings even more value to an at-home happy hour.
The Bar Serving Set Buying Guide
- Typically, with a bar set, you’ll get four glasses, a decanter and a serving tray. But the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set, Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set have six glasses each. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set comes with four glasses.
- Decanter size is also worth taking into consideration. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set can hold around 33 ounces of liquid each. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set and Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set are closer to 28 ounces.
- When it comes to design, the Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set stands out, with a round decanter and nautical etchings that make it a perfect gift. If you prefer the more classic look, though, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set and Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set are very similar in design and both deliver that typical bar set look.
- In addition to its standout design, the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set earns points for ease of storage. It has a wooden stand that you can use to slide it into a cabinet when you aren’t using it.
- Not all decanters are created equal when it comes to storing liquid. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set is great for rum, vodka and tequila, while the Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set works well for those who love whiskey, scotch and bourbon. The decanter on the Godinger Dublin Whiskey Bar Set not only accommodates whiskey, scotch, bourbon and vodka, but also wine. The Paksh Novelty Glass Decanter & Whisky Glasses Set’s decanter is ideal for whiskey, bourbon and scotch, but the diamond cut of the glasses makes them great for every type of beverage, including juices and water.
- Today’s consumers have grown used to tumblers that keep their beverages cold for hours. Bar sets add that feature in by using a type of glass that reduces condensation and keeps coolness in. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set uses ultra-clarity glass for this.
- Getting your items to your front door undamaged can sometimes be a challenge, but you’ll find most manufacturers will replace any items that arrive damaged. The James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set takes that a step further with a 100 percent delivery guarantee, sending a new set out free of charge if there are any issues. The Royal Decanters Whiskey Decanter Gift Set comes with a money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty. If you don’t like the set, contact them and they’ll issue a full refund.
- The hourglass design of the James Scott 7-Piece Decanter Set makes the decanter easy to hold while you’re pouring.
- You have the option of dishwasher cleaning or handwashing with most bar sets. If that’s important to you, make sure your chosen decanter and glasses are dishwasher-safe.