Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
Last updated date: November 8, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Foot Massagers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Foot Massager you should buy.
This massager's combination of Shiatsu and deep tissue strokes provide relief from every angle. There are also heat and air options for further customization. It's designed to hit pressure points to ease foot pain. In our analysis of 297 expert reviews, the Miko Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 8, 2019:
Checkout The Best Foot Massager for a detailed review of all the top foot massagers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Brand You Can Trust At Miko we strive to deliver the best in home massage systems, but we don’t stop there. With this powerful shiatsu foot massager with air pressure, you’ll be able to enjoy spa grade massages in your own home. Best of all it’s way below the cost of going to the spa, massage parlor, or salon. Enjoy a light or deep massage with kneading at the touch of a button. With the Miko Shiatsu foot massager you have the ability to personalize your massage with our various settings. Give your aching feet the luxury they deserve. Ease Of Use Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager With Heat rejuvenates tired leg muscles and aching feet. * Washable cloth cover * Standard plug-in power source The Best Investments In Life Are Investments In Yourself Kick back. Relax. Melt your stress and tension away. Allow yourself to relax and rejuvenate to recharge your batteries and promote efficiency. With this powerful yet portable shiatsu foot massager by Miko, you can relieve those tired, aching feet as well as a professional does. The foot massager by Miko requires no effort, and does not ask for anything in return; kick back and read your book, watch that movie, have that glass of wine, or do nothing. You're sure to love our machine and cherish the time you have to use it. Features - The independent foot chambers delivers a shiatsu massage to bottom & sides of feet - Deep-kneading & soothing natural vibrations relieve tired muscles - Center control panel w/soft-touch buttons; dial in personalized massage settings (strength, massage type, and heat) - Independently selectable heat function applies gentle warmth to tired muscles - Ultra portable, easy to clean, removable washable cloth cover; standard plug-in power - Compact; can be stored under most standard sofas while not in use World Class Product, World Class Staff What Can It Do ? - Relieves tightness in the pressure points of your feet - Massages the bottom of your feet and delivers soothing heat - Independent chambers fill with air to apply pressure to those tired feet - 5 Different adjustable pressure levels - Fits up to size 12, 15 minute auto shut-off Specs & Details - Product: 43x40x20 CM - Packaging:44x42x22 CM - Weighs:12 LBS - Massage Strength: 5 Levels What Is Included? - Miko Shaitsu Foot Massager - Power Adapter - Wireless Remotes - Manual The Best In Luxury AIR COMPRESSION WITH HEAT Fully customizable massage preference settings allows for the perfect massage experience. 5 different pressure levels with a deep-kneading feature for pressure point stimulation to improve blood flow. Air pressure pads allows your feet to be fully encased in the massager to reach those tough areas. Heat feature it presented to loosen those tense muscles and ligaments after being over-used. WIRELESS REMOTES Our 2 wireless remotes helps prevent strain to your back by not having to crouch down to change modes. The massager is simple to use and easy to control the settings that you prefer by simply clicking the options on the remote. Our customers have let us know how convinient the remote has been to them and we are so glad to include it with our massager. COMFORT WHEN YOU NEED IT Enjoy the Miko massager at the comfort of your own home while getting a spa grade massage. We spare no expense in the design phase of massager and we make sure that functionally comes first! The massager is portable and extremely sleek. Take it with you and enjoy the benefits of the shaitsu foot massager.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Foot Massagers
The benefits of massage go far beyond simple relaxation. Massage improves your circulation, reduces joint pain, speeds up muscle recovery time and lowers your blood pressure. Your entire body benefits from a massage, but it’s especially helpful for your feet.
Your feet contain hundreds of tiny muscles, ligaments, tendons and bones that work together to keep you mobile and pain-free. If one of these gets irritated or injured, it affects your entire leg. Massage is a great way to keep the muscles in your feet loose and healthy. A home foot massager guarantees that you’ll have access to a top-notch foot massage every day.
Foot massagers are a portable, affordable way to relieve daily foot pain without spending hours at a day spa. They come in a range of styles and prices, from simple wooden massage rollers to high-tech heated Shiatsu units. There are also waterfall foot spas and calf massagers for a complete lower leg massage.
Simple massage rollers are made from wooden rungs with pointy nubs that hit pressure points on your foot. You just roll both of your feet over the unit, applying as much pressure as you need. These massagers are great for soothing tension from plantar fasciitis (a painful condition where the thick band of tissue connecting your heel to your toes becomes inflamed).
Electric massagers come packed with different massage techniques, varying levels of pressure and heat functions. Just choose your settings, place your feet in the massager’s foot chambers and let the machine do the work. Some electric massagers are cordless and run on batteries, while others need to be plugged into an outlet. They can reduce pain from an array of conditions, like generalized chronic pain and aching arches.
Water massagers are like a small hot tub for your feet. They use warm water and bubbles to help loosen your muscles and increase circulation. Sometimes they also have rollers or electronic nodes built in for a deeper massage.
Home foot massagers benefit almost everyone, whether you’re looking for a little relaxation or dealing with chronic muscle pain. Hop on over to our Tips & Advice for a detailed look at choosing the best foot massager for your home.
DWYM Fun Fact
Most electric foot massagers use the Shiatsu massage technique. Shiatsu is a form of Japanese acupressure massage where the masseuse (or machine) focuses on specific acupoints. According to traditional Chinese theory, acupoints are small areas running up and down channels in your body called meridians. An energy called qi flows through your meridian channels. Pain and illness can occur if these channels become blocked, but you can clear them by applying pressure to your acupoints. This restores your body’s energy balance for overall wellness.
Even if qi isn’t your cup of tea, you can still enjoy improved blood flow, relaxation and reduced muscle tension with a Shiatsu foot massager.
The Foot Massager Buying Guide
- If you have a medical condition, check with your doctor before you buy a foot massager. They can be a helpful add-on to any wellness plan, but some conditions (like nerve damage) might get worse if your feet are exposed to too much pressure or heat.
- Next, you’ll want to narrow down your options and decide between a massage roller or an electric massager. Massage rollers are generally less expensive, and you can make immediate changes to the level of pressure you’re applying. Electric massagers cost a little more, but you’ll get tons of features that are worth the money.
- If you’re using an electric massager, you’ll put your feet in two sleeves to start the massage. Most of these sleeves are removable for cleaning, and many are washer and dryer safe. Wash your sleeves frequently, and check the care instructions before you start cleaning.
- If you’d like an electric massager and you’ve got larger feet, take special care to see if the massager can accommodate your shoe size. Most sleeve-style massagers go up to a men’s size 12. If you wear a bigger size, opt for a massager that lets your feet sit on top instead of inserting them into the massager.
- Most electric massagers have options for heat, which helps loosen muscles for a deeper massage. If you’re sensitive to heat, make sure that your massager has options for low, medium and high heat. If there’s only “on” or “off” selections, you might accidentally go overboard with the temperature.
- Electric massagers use rotating balls, rolling sticks, spinning heads and air pressure to rub your feet. You’ll be able to choose the amount of pressure, the speed of the massage and the length of time with digital controls. Many massagers also come with remote controls, so you can switch things up without bending over and interrupting your self-care moment.
- If you’ve ever gotten a massage at a spa, you likely had a Swedish massage. This technique strokes muscles, joints and connective tissues. The vast majority of electric foot massagers perform Shiatsu massage, which focuses on traditional Chinese acupressure points. The masseuse uses their fingers to apply deep, direct and rhythmic pressure to these points. Decide if you like the idea of a Shiatsu-style massage before you put that massager in your online shopping cart.
- If your massager is smaller and lightweight (like a wooden roller), it’ll be easy to move it around your house. You can even take it along when you travel. If you choose a larger electric massager, it won’t be as portable, and you’ll have to stake out an area with enough room to accommodate it. Think about where you’d like to use your massager and plan accordingly.
- Most electric massagers plug into a wall outlet. Make sure that you can place your electric massager in a comfortable location that’s also close to a power source. You might also want a massager that runs on batteries, so you can use it anywhere in your home.
- Store your foot massager in a cabinet or other out-of-the-way place if you have young children. The massager might look like fun to your kids, but the pressure and heat can be too much for very small feet.
- Your foot massager can last for years if you care for it properly. Wipe down the outside of an electric massager with a damp cloth and clean any sleeves frequently. You can also wear socks while you use it to keep it hygienic. Try to avoid using extension cords when you plug it in — they increase the risk of overheating.
- If you buy a water spa massager, you’ll need to clean and dry it after every use to prevent bacteria buildup. Drain the water from the spa, then remove any visible debris with a damp cloth. If your care instructions say it’s okay, fill the spa with warm water and a mild detergent. Be very careful not to get water or soap anywhere else; that can damage the motor. Rinse the soap away, then apply a disinfectant. (Your spa’s care instructions will tell you what brands are safe for your model.) Rinse away the disinfectant, dry the basin and store the foot spa in a cool, dry place.
- Take advantage of any safety features on your foot massager, especially auto-shutoff timers. These can save the day if you doze off mid-massage.