Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bassinet For Baby
Last updated date: July 31, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bassinets For Baby and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bassinet For Baby you should buy.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Mika Micky Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bassinet For Baby placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bassinet For Baby for a detailed review of all the top bassinets for baby .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided. 7 height positions to suit parents' bed. Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy room. Easy-open side panel for bedside mode.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bassinets For Baby
Newborns need a safe space to sleep that is all their own. A bassinet is a bed for babies that is smaller than a crib. It’s usually used from birth until babies are around three or four months old. Once they outgrow the bassinet, babies usually sleep in a crib.
There are many reasons to use a bassinet with your newborn, instead of having them sleep in the crib from the beginning. One of the main reasons parents opt for bassinets is because they are smaller than cribs and highly portable. Parents can place the bassinet directly next to their own beds at night so that they don’t have to go too far to feed baby or check on them.
Often, bassinets have casters attached, so you can easily roll the bassinet from room to room. This is particularly helpful during the day if you don’t want to use a baby monitor and want to be in the same room with your baby. You can roll baby into the living room while you relax on the couch and keep an eye on them.
For moms who are recovering from a c-section, a bassinet provides more comfort. The sides of a crib a much higher than a bassinet, so it can be difficult to lift your baby up and place them in the crib while your c-section scar is still healing. Because the sides of a bassinet are lower than a crib’s, it’s easier to lay your baby down on the mattress without having to bend over.
DWYM Fun Fact
Babies spend a lot of their time sleeping, so it’s vital to ensure they are in a safe environment. Experts suggest sleeping in the same room as your newborn up until at least six months. This is where a bassinet comes in handy because it is small enough to fit in most bedrooms next to the parents’ bed. Be sure not to add in any blankets or pillows into the bassinet as that can be a suffocation hazard. Also don’t keep any toys or stuffed animals in there while baby is sleeping. Be sure to put baby to sleep on their back until they are at least one year old. It’s fine if babies roll over once you lay them down, but it’s best to position them on their back initially.
The Bassinet For Baby Buying Guide
- The primary factor to consider when you’re buying a bassinet is safety. It’s critical to ensure your newborn has a safe space to sleep during the day and night. Look for a bassinet that does not have too much padding on the sides. Ideally, mesh sides are best. This way, you can reduce the chances of suffocation.
- The mattress in a bassinet needs to be firm and flat. This is the best sleeping surface for a newborn. Make sure that there is not a lot of space between the end of the mattress and the edge of the bassinet. You don’t want baby to accidentally roll and get caught in that small space.
- For many parents, portability is key. If that’s the case, look for a bassinet on casters so that you can easily roll it around from room to room. If you don’t plan on moving the bassinet, then you can go with one that has fixed legs.
- Many babies like to have a rocking motion to help them fall asleep because it mimics the feeling they had when they were in the womb. You can find bassinets that rock and glide to help when baby is having difficulty falling asleep.
- Some bassinets come with a small mobile attachment. This is a great way to entertain your newborn and give them something exciting to look at. Opt for one with colors that have a stark contrast, such as black and white, because it’s easier for babies to see.
- Little babies need lots of supplies. Having a small storage shelf under the bassinet is handy if you want to keep burp cloths, diapers, wipes and diaper cream with you. That way, you have everything at your fingertips.