Miele UniQ Canister Vacuum
Last updated date: April 8, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Miele Vacuums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Miele Vacuum you should buy.
Update as February 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Miele Vacuum To Last You A Lifetime for a detailed review of all the top miele vacuums.
In our analysis of 58 expert reviews, the Miele UniQ Canister Vacuum placed 0th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Miele S8 Series A perfect synergy of design and functionality, Miele’s S8 series sets new standards in floor care. These full-size canisters combine maximum features and efficiency with outstanding cleaning results. Superior engineering is balanced with carefully-selected, fine quality materials such as a durable stainless steel wand and specialized ABS plastic with a hard, impact-resistant surface. The S8 series features innovative skeleton construction, making it 2 lbs. less than the S5 series. Other conveniences include a 36-foot operating radius and foot pedal controls for quick and effective cleaning. S8 also features a silence motor to maintain a quiet environment, and an AirClean Sealed System that not only vacuums your floors – but also cleans the air your family breathes. S 8990 UniQ Miele’s S8 UniQ vacuum cleaner features an Electro Premium electrobrush ideal for cleaning medium to high-pile carpeting. The Electro Premium electrobrush is an electrically-driven carpet tool with wide brush roll and LED light for added comfort. With five adjustable height levels, the Electro Premium adapts to any pile carpeting and pressing the convenient reset button returns the electrobrush to its initial position. UniQ offers a savvy, self-adjusting automatic setting. As you transition from hardwoods to carpeting, it automatically decreases suction, then increases suction when you return to smooth, solid flooring – saving you both time and energy. The UniQ also includes the Parquet Twister – providing 180° rotation for the agile, yet gentle care of smooth surfaces. A telescopic, electric, stainless steel wand and long electrical cord, with one-touch automatic rewind, provide a total cleaning radius of 36 feet. The S8 UniQ is also equipped with a Deluxe Comfort Grip handle with six-stage suction controls, plus an Automatic setting, and electrobrush controls. Innovative LED underbody lights and an illuminated parking system make for a truly luxurious cleaning experience. Other conveniences include three integrated accessories — a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle conveniently held onboard in a velvet console — and a velvet 3D bumper.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Miele Vacuums
Vacuum cleaners are a must-have household item for keeping your home free of pet hair, allergens, dirt and dander. It’s easy to find an inexpensive vacuum at a local retailer, but you definitely get what you pay for with vacuums.
Miele vacuums are high-end, German-manufactured appliances that cost a little more for vastly improved performance. To understand why their vacuums deserve a higher price point, you need a firm grasp on how vacuums work.
When you turn your vacuum on, you switch on a motor that rotates fan blades and creates the suction you need to pull messes off your floor. The fan pushes air out through vents in your vacuum’s body, and then new air rushes in to replace it.
The air your vacuum sucks in is filled with the funky stuff you cleaned off of your floor. The vacuum sends this air into an enclosed bag, which acts as an air filter. Miele’s Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum has an additional Active AirClean filter with activated charcoal that neutralizes odors.
When the bag gets very full, the air coming in through the vacuum head faces greater resistance, reducing your vacuum’s suction power. Luckily, you can just pop the vacuum’s body open, toss the bag and replace it with a fresh one when the bag is full.
Cheaper vacuums might have bodies that aren’t sealed together as well (which allows dirty air to escape and reduces suction) or poorly made vacuum bags that leak air. The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum uses an AirClean filtration system at the entrance to the vacuum bag, which captures over 99.9% of dirty air particles.
Bagged vacuums were the norm for decades, but bagless vacuums have been making a splash over the last few years. Bagless vacuums suck debris into a dirt-collecting bin instead of a bag. Miele makes a few bagless vacuums, but their bagged models are the company’s real bread and butter.
The portion of your vacuum that you drag over the floor to clean it is called the vacuum head. Vacuum heads almost always have a roller brush inside of them. A belt keeps the cylindrical brush on track as it spins and catches hair, lint and dust in its path. Miele’s Compact C1 Turbo Team Canister Vacuum uses a high-powered Turbobrush Floorhead for extra oomph.
There are two main categories of full-sized vacuums: upright and canister. Upright vacuums have the suction head and the motor enclosed in the same unit, and you push the vacuum in front of you to clean your floor. Miele’s Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog Upright Vacuum is an excellent upright vacuum.
Canister vacuums separate the cleaning nozzle from the rest of the vacuum unit, which drags behind you on wheels during use. They are connected by a long, flexible tube. Canister vacuums tend to have more powerful motors, and their maneuverability makes it easier to clean stairs or hard-to-reach places. The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum Cleaner has a 36-foot cleaning radius, so it’s easy to vacuum an entire room without moving the canister.
Miele uses top-tier components and thoughtful designs for the most efficient, thorough cleaning around. Check out our tips and advice to figure out which Miele is right for you.
The Miele Vacuum Buying Guide
- Take a survey of your home and see what kinds of surfaces you’ll need to clean with your vacuum. The Miele Compact C1 Turbo Team Canister has six different suction settings for carpet, tile, curtains and more. It also comes with three accessories — a dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery tool — so no dust bunny is safe.
- If you have pets or kids, you’ll want a vacuum with a little extra power for stray hairs and messes. The Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum has four different suction powers and a Mini Turbo Brush to get stubborn cat hair off your couch for good.
- Carefully look at each room you’ll need to vacuum and determine where the power outlets are. If your home doesn’t have very many outlets, you’ll want a vacuum with a very long cord. The Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum has an 18-inch cord, while the Miele C3 Marin Canister Vacuum Cleaner has an impressive 24-foot cord.
- Do you have any difficulty getting around to clean your home? If your bad back acts up every time you try to bend over and vacuum the stairs, you’ll want a vacuum with plenty of accessories to help you reach those nooks and crannies. The C3 Marin has a telescopic, stainless steel wand with a 36-foot reach. You can attach any of its three accessories, like the dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle, onto the end of the wand, attacking dirt and grime without aggravating your aches and pains.
- If it’s hard to see in the darker corners of your house, a vacuum cleaner with an LED headlight might come in handy. The Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright vacuum has a string of crisp, bright lights built into the front of the vacuum head.
- Do you have different types of carpet throughout your home? Being able to adjust the suction on your vacuum head is useful when you’re switching from shag to Berber. The Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum has an Electro Plus Floorhead with five different height adjustments for any type of flooring.
- If you have pets or serious allergies, you’ll want a HEPA filter inside your vacuum. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air. A filter earns a HEPA designation if it’s able to trap 99.7% of microscopic dust and dirt particles. The Dynamic U1 Dog and Cat Upright Vacuum has a built-in HEPA filter, but you can buy an optional HEPA filter and install it on any of our top Miele picks.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide