Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet
Last updated date: May 15, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Microsoft Surface Tablets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Microsoft Surface Tablet you should buy.
Update as August 21, 2019:
Checkout The Best Microsoft Surface Tablet for a detailed review of all the top microsoft surface tablets.
This device is an excellent all-around choice. With it, you can replace your laptop and tablet with one lightweight machine. The absence of bundling options is a significant con, however, it offers upgrades from its predecessor and solid performance for Microsoft Office, browsing the web, basic games and apps.
In our analysis of 83 expert reviews, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The tablet that can replace your laptop. Surface Pro 3 is in a category of its own. With a stunning 12" display in a sleek magnesium frame, Surface Pro 3 has all the power and performance of a laptop in an incredibly lightweight, versatile form. It may just be the ultimate device.*
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Microsoft Surface Tablets
It’s been just over six years since Microsoft introduced the original Surface tablet. Flash forward to today, and Microsoft has a full range of Surface PCs that appeal to all kinds of buyers and budgets.
If you’re in the market for a versatile, portable Windows 10 machine, then there’s sure to be a Microsoft Surface device to fit your needs. While there have been plenty of upgrades, the Surface tablets launched in the last few years are each useful and versatile machines in their own right.
If having the latest and greatest model is a high priority for you, then look no further than the Surface Pro 6. It is ultra-light and faster than ever. It features the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor as well as the full Windows 10 Home experience. It also happens to be the top value pick of the Microsoft Surface collection as well.
Similarly, the Surface Pro 5 is another excellent choice. It not only offers full PC performance in a thin and light design, but also boasts a high-resolution, oversized screen. Plus, it’s compatible with a variety of accessories, including a dock. One surprising downside is the thin, lightweight design makes it prone to bending if you’re not careful while handling or transporting this tablet.
Earlier variations, including the Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3, still remain solid machines today. Both can easily convert into laptops with the proper accessories and can handle a full day’s work. Plus, the Surface 3 has a 10.8-inch display with the uncommon resolution of 1920 x 1280p, which is 200 pixels taller than the standard 1080p. As a result, on-screen images appear colorful and sharp.
Keep an open mind, and consider laptops in addition to versatile tablets like the Microsoft Surface models. While laptops may be a bit pricier, they offer the convenience of a built-in keyboard for getting work done. In addition to the Microsoft Surface tablets, there are many tablet variations from manufacturers like Google, Apple, Amazon and more that offer unique options worth considering.
The Microsoft Surface Tablet Buying Guide
- Check what comes with each tablet standard carefully before clicking purchase. Not all come with the accessories needed to make the most of the tablet, like the Surface Pen and keyboard cover.
- Understand what ports and connections are compatible with your Microsoft Surface tablets. Microsoft continues to use USB-A and its magnetic Surface Connect charger. Unlike other manufacturers, it has not transitioned to the USB-C and Thunderbolt 3.
- There are budget-friendly financing options available directly through Microsoft. If you come in to a physical retail location, you can buy a new Surface on an installment plan, for as little as $25 per month. The payment plan also includes Office 365 for the two-year duration of the installments.
- The Microsoft Complete extended warranty is a smart add-on to any device. The plan starts at $149 and features additional warranty coverage and accidental damage protection. It includes a total of two accidental damage claims, with a $49 deductible.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide