MicoYang Eco-Friendly Easy Clean Drying Mat, 16×12-Inch
Last updated date: September 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drying Mat and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drying Mat you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2022:
Checkout The Best Drying Mat for a detailed review of all the top drying mat.
Available in over 10 fun colors, this drying mat has a host of features that set it above other mats on the market. It rolls up when not in use to take up the least amount of space and it features a non-slip bottom that holds it firmly in place on your countertop. The mat is also made with raised edges and line ridges to shorten drying times.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the MicoYang Eco-Friendly Easy Clean Drying Mat, 16x12-Inch placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MULTIPLE USAGE: The silicone mat can be used on kitchen counters or sinks, as a liner for refrigerators or drawers,a heatproof mat,a non-slip pet food mat and so on. FOOD GRADE SILICONE: Features BPA-free, Eco-Friendly, leaving you with clean and comfortable experience. HEAT RESISTANT:It is also an excellent heat-resistant mat, is heat resistant to 450°F/230°C. EASY TO CLEAN:This silicone mat can be directly rinsed or brushed with water. There may be some water stains during use, but if you wash it with water, it will become very clean again. EASY TO STORE:The silicone mat is made of very soft material, so it can be rolled up or folded very conveniently, which is easy to save space for storage.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drying Mat
Even though dish racks are handy, they can be bulky and take up a lot of room on your counter. If you live in an apartment or you have a home with a small kitchen, a dish drying mat is a better choice. As you search the available models on the market, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind.
Dish drying mats come in either a microfiber material or silicone. Let’s look at the microfiber mats first.
Microfiber mats first and foremost must be absorbent, as they do not allow water to drain off into a sink. If the water isn’t absorbed, then the dishes are left to sit in the water and the countertop underneath the mat is left soaked, making the drying process take much longer. The S&T Inc. Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, 16×18-Inch is a good choice, as it’s able to hold four times its weight in water.
Make sure the mat itself is also able to fully dry in a timely manner in between washings. The Bellemain Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, 24×18-Inch uses an innovative honeycomb microfiber structure to quicken drying time. Other fast-drying mats come with a second mat for use while the first mat is being cleaned in the washing machine.
Cushioning is also important when looking at microfiber mats. You want to protect glasses and other breakable items by choosing a mat that has a thick center layer of foam. A few additional features to consider include whether or not the mat is foldable, whether or not the mat is reversible and whether or not the mat comes in a variety of colors or patterns.
When it comes to FDA-approved silicone dish drying mats, you need a non-slip surface, as this keeps fragile dishes and glasses from sliding off the mat. Some models not only have this but also feature a ribbed design that works to dry dishes by maximizing drainage and aeration. These mats can be rolled up after each use and placed in a drawer, or hung on the wall by the kitchen sink.
Food-grade silicone mats are also heat resistant up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. That allows them to double as a trivet. You can place them underneath a pot or baking dish that just came out of the oven. Additional benefits of this mat include an antibacterial surface and a bonus scrubby for cleaning in between the mat’s grooves.
The Drying Mat Buying Guide
- Pay attention to how long the mat itself takes to dry after each use. Remember that the mat needs to fully dry between uses, and one that takes a long time to dry is prone to mold and mildew growth.
- Some silicone dish drying mat models have grooves that make them harder to clean. You may wish to purchase a special sponge or brush that can clean between the grooves.
- Dish drying mats made from microfiber materials may be machine washable, but only in cold water with gentle liquid laundry detergent. They’ll also need to be tumble dried on the low heat setting. It’s best to check the mat’s product care label before you attempt to clean it.
- Some models do not sit flat along the creases after they are unfolded. Instead of folding them and placing them in a drawer for storage, you’ll need to hang them up.
- Keep an eye as to where any excess water can go. Some models lack a channel to hold the extra water.
- If you’re feeling crafty, you can attempt to make your own dish drying mat by sewing a cute patterned fabric to a layer of terry cloth.
- Dish drying mats can be used in other places within the home besides the kitchen. You can place them under your cat or dog’s water dish or set them on the bathroom sink to hold your toothbrush, mouthwash and rinsing cup.
- Never put dishes away unless they are completely dry. Moisture leads to the growth of bacteria, and wet plates stacked on top of each other won’t be able to fully air dry. That remaining moisture allows bacteria to grow, which may pose a risk to anyone in your home who eats off the plate.
- Some companies that sell dish drying mats are operated by a small family business, and therefore offer outstanding customer service. If you are unhappy with your mat for any reason, you can contact them, and they will take extra measures to right any wrong.
- Several factors go into pricing dish drying mats. You’ll need to take into consideration the type of material used, how many mats are included for the price and any extra features. The S&T Inc. Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, 16×18-Inch is slightly less than the Envision Home X-Large Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, 18×24-Inch. Models that have a built-in drying rack and fold up easily for storage are higher in cost than the Bellemain Microfiber Dish Drying Mat, 24×18-Inch.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide