MICHELANGELO 5-Quart Nonstick Copper Pan & Lid
Last updated date: September 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Copper Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Copper Pan you should buy.
Editor's Note September 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Copper Pan for a detailed review of all the top copper pans.
If you're searching for a copper pan that is toxic-free and induction compatible, this model is your best bet. The pan is oven-safe in temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit and can be cleaned in a dishwasher. It even comes with a few accessories, including a fry basket and a steaming rack.
In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the MICHELANGELO MICHELANGELO 5-Quart Nonstick Copper Pan & Lid placed 4th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ALL-IN-ONE MULTI-PURPOSE COOKWARE - The Michelangelo 5 quart nonstick woks and stir frying pans set is everything you need to prepare delicious stir-fry, steaming, roasting, boiling, baking meals and more. The non stick ceramic wok with lid set can be used as deep fry pan, saute pan, deep skillet, frying wok, stir fry wok, stir fry pan, baking dish, roasting pan, rice cooker, steamer and deep stockpot. ULTRA NON STICK COATING SCRATCH RESISTANT - The superior ceramic & titanium interior is ultra non stick and scratch resistant that enhances both durability and cooking performance. Food slides right off on the truly nonstick surface for optimum cooking. Ideal for use over low to medium heat with minimum oil or butter for healthy diet. Cleans up easily, dishwasher safe (hand wash is recommended), & oven safe Oven safe to 400F. HEATS QUICKLY & EVENLY - The ceramic woks and stir frying pans is made of professional grade aluminum alloy that conducts heat quickly and evenly with precise temperature control and no hot spot. Food stir fries quickly and evenly across the surface of the 11 inch nonstick wok and slips onto the plate once ready. Designed with a long stainless steel handle and a helper handle, stays cool to touch when cooking, easy to grip, provide extra support and balance when lifting and pour. TOXIC FREE & INDUNCTION COMPATIBLE - PTFA, PFOA, lead and cadmium free, ideal for healthy cooking. Choose Michelangelo Ceramic Non Stick Wok Set for greener and safer cookware. The deep frying pan is made with a flat bottom which allows it to be placed evenly over heat source and suitable for use on all stove tops including induction, glass & gas. VERSATILE - Set includes 11 Inch / 5 Quart Nonstick Wok With Lid, Deep Frying Basket, & Roasting Steaming Rack. The 5 quart ceramic wok pan is the optimal size for day-to-day cooking. The high quality glass lid is heat and shatter resistant which prevents splatters, seals in the flavor and nutrients for a healthier and better tasting food. The frying basket of wok allows for the easy placement or removal of food from hot water or oil. The roasting rack comes in handy for roasting delicious meals
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Copper Pans
Beginner cooks and professional chefs agree on one thing: copper pans are a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. These chestnut-colored pieces of kitchen gear look beautiful when they’re hanging from storage hooks, and it’s satisfying to cook a meal using this gorgeous tool. But these eye-catching pans don’t come cheap.
Why are copper pans so expensive? For one thing, copper is pricier than other materials. There’s also a supply-and-demand dynamic at work: consumers prefer aluminum, stainless steel and nonstick pans, so the cookware industry has shifted away from copper.
Copper’s unique heating qualities set it apart from other pots and pans.
“It heats up both quickly and evenly,” says Julie Chernoff, co-chair of the International Association of Culinary Professionals. She’s also the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. “But that also means it doesn’t retain heat and cools off quickly. So, it’s not great for steaks, but it is terrific for sauces, delicate proteins and candy making.”
Copper’s conductivity also makes it attractive for uses outside the kitchen — that’s why you see it so often in your home’s wiring and in consumer electronics. Since copper isn’t being actively mined and it’s needed to keep your home’s lights on, you’re going to pay extra to use it as cookware.
The distinctive heating properties of copper don’t end with conductivity.
“Copper is also very reactive — meaning it’s not so great with acids,” adds Chernoff. If you want to add a squirt of lemon juice to your stovetop salmon fillet, don’t do it in a copper pan. Over time, acidity can cause copper to break down, leaching the copper out of the pan and into your food.
Many modern copper pans are blended with other materials, like ceramic coatings or stainless steel induction plates, to make them more user-friendly. This makes the copper pans tougher, reduces or eliminates the risk of leaching, and helps them hold heat for longer periods of time. Some of these copper-infused pans are even tough enough to withstand high oven temps.
Copper pans can fill important gaps in your cooking. Classic copper pans can help you create sauces that break easily, like hollandaise sauce for your eggs benedict. If you’re tired of gnawing on overcooked fish fillets, a copper pan can be a welcome addition to your pan rotation.
Now that you’ve gotten up to speed on delicate copper pans (and the delicacies you can create in them), take a look at our Tips & Advice for more buying hints.
The Copper Pan Buying Guide
- Copper pans are known for their conductivity, but they’ve got to be the right thickness for that to work. “Cookware thickness should be 2.5mm to 3mm for best conductivity,” says our cooking expert Chernoff.
- Copper pans can be tricky to care for, but once you know the basics you’ll be off and running. Look for copper pans lined with stainless steel — this will make them sturdier and less reactive. Since copper heats up rapidly, you’ll need to keep it on moderate heat or lower and let the pan do the rest of the work.
- Avoid putting your pan in the dishwasher. Instead, clean it with warm water and dish liquid. You can buff tarnished spots with a mild abrasive, like table salt. A little white vinegar will help restore a beautiful shine to your copper pan.
- Modern copper-infused pans don’t need the same kid-glove care as classic copper pans. Many of them, like are mixed with ceramic and have nonstick coatings for easy fried eggs that won’t get glued to the pan. They’re also a snap to clean. Others have built-in stainless steel induction plates for fast, even heating. Many are durable enough to go from stovetop to oven without a second thought.
- The shape of your pan will influence how much food you can cook in it. Square copper pans can fit a bit more food in them, so they’re great for weekly meal prep. You can also fit more food in deep copper pans with high sides. Again, copper-infused pans are better for these tasks.
- Check out any accessories your copper-infused pan might come with. Tools like fry baskets, steamers and roaster racks will let you create almost any meal under the sun.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide