Michael DiGiacomo The English Grammar Workbook For Adults
Last updated date: October 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spelling, Grammar & Syntax Textbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spelling, Grammar & Syntax Textbook you should buy.
Update as October 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Spelling, Grammar & Syntax textbook for a detailed review of all the top spelling, grammar & syntax textbooks.
Whether you write professionally or simply want to strengthen your business communications, this book can help. The tips are geared toward real-life writing scenarios, so you can use them in your daily life. A quiz ends each chapter to help you test what you’ve learned.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Michael DiGiacomo The English Grammar Workbook For Adults placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Mastering English grammar can be a real challenge. But, with a little practice and patience, you can discover how to communicate better through self-study in your spare time. The English Grammar Workbook for Adults is here to help improve your writing fluency so you can gain confidence while crafting emails, cover letters, conducting daily business, and personal correspondence. No matter your current skill level, this English grammar workbook has everything you need to learn essential elements, including nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, tenses, and beyond. Then, you’ll apply what you’ve learned to everyday situations you could encounter at school, at work, social situations, creative writing, online, and more.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spelling, Grammar & Syntax Textbooks
The English language has no shortage of rules, and it can all feel a bit overwhelming at times. This is especially true for young students who are required to learn spelling, grammar and syntax rules formally at school.
The good news is, many online resources can help you answer questions that come up. But as with any important skill, you’ll at least need to get the basics down so that you can then supplement that knowledge.
There are two major types of books on grammar and syntax. One type is designed to guide experienced writers through usage questions and debates — like whether you should put a comma before “and” in a series of more than two items. These style guides are typically more expensive and purchased by journalists and copy editors for professional settings.
Other grammar books are more educational in nature. These resources come in the form of textbooks that go through all the basics and workbooks that test your knowledge. Some books combine a little of both, quizzing you throughout to make sure you’re absorbing the information.
Some are specific to children, so if you’re a parent looking for a guidebook for your young learners, you may need to narrow it to the target age range. Typically, grammar workbooks and instructional guides are designed to complement the content students are learning in a specific grade.
For adults, it may be important to note the books’ intended audience. Some texts are geared toward those learning English as a second language, while others are for those looking to enhance writing skills. If you’re a professional writer or interested in going into creative writing, you’ll get the most out of a book intended for that market.
The Spelling, Grammar & Syntax Textbook Buying Guide
- Worksheets and quizzes can be a huge help in any book. Some are inserted at the end of each chapter as a refresher. Other books incorporate quizzes and tests throughout as a supplement to classroom learning.
- Traditional textbooks can be quite dry, so when you’re buying a grammar guide, look for one that’s engaging easy to read. This is especially important if you’re buying a book for children.
- Some workbooks are designed for tutors, teachers and homeschooling parents. These have features designed to match state curriculum requirements. Some also have spines that help the book flatten out for easy photocopying.
- Each book lists the general subject matter covered. If your goal is to boost a specific skill like understanding clauses or using punctuation properly, look for a book that focuses on that topic.
- If your book includes quizzes or tests, make sure an answer key is included so you can check your work. Even books for children need this to help parents and teachers grade papers quickly.
- For homeschooling parents and educators, a workbook that’s part of a series can be helpful. This allows you to grab related workbooks on different topics, such as math or history, in a format that’s already familiar to students.
- Business professionals often look to grammar books to help boost their writing, whether this is for emails or internal memos. A good grammar refresher can also help professionals write more effective speeches.
- Grammar books can also help boost speaking skills for young students. As studying helps them grow more confident in their writing and sentence construction, they’ll feel better about communicating verbally with teachers and peers.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide