Miady 4-Way Flat Plug Connector Trailer Light Harness
Last updated date: May 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trailer Light Harnesses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trailer Light Harness you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Trailer Light Harness for a detailed review of all the top trailer light harnesses.
You can use this trailer light harness for a variety of trailers such as boat trailers and horse trailers. It has a wishbone style wiring setup design. The wiring has 25 feet of length.
In our analysis, the Miady Miady 4-Way Flat Plug Connector Trailer Light Harness placed 1st when we looked at the top 3 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Long Enough: The Miady 25′ Trailer Wiring Harness gives you the extra length, just need to extend current truck to trailer wires. No need to splice your new wires, simply extend them with this extender. Wishbone Style Wiring Setup Designed: Constructed with Wishbone Style Wiring Setup and 4 way connectors design makes the running light circuit and splits it at the trailer connector, so you do not have to run a jumper wire from one taillight to the other. Simplify the installation process to save more time. 4FT LENGHT GROUND WIRE: Equipped with 4 Way flat plug connector with trailer ends and a white ground wire, designed to split at the trailer tongue and run down each side of the trailer. The trailer side ground wire is 4ft, it is enough to use for your trailer, which is completely sealed for a long corrosion-resistant installation. SIMPLIFIED CONNECTION: Come with 18 AWG COLOR CODED WIRES clearly identify each wire’s function, makes it much easier for wires connection as well as adding more convenience and installation safe and straight-forward.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trailer Light Harnesses
If you are towing a trailer behind your vehicle, one of the most important gadgets you will need is a trailer light harness. This gadget is a wire that goes from the back of your vehicle to the trailer, connecting their electrical systems. This way, your vehicle supplies power to the trailer’s lights and ensures they are synchronized with the vehicle’s taillights. In some cases, the trailer light harness can also connect the trailers brakes and auxiliary power with your vehicle.
Without this important gadget, you are not ready to take your trailer out onto the road. If you don’t use a trailer light harness, drivers on the road will not be able to see the lights on your vehicle as they may be blocked by the trailer. This can cause dangerous driving conditions as the drivers may not be able to see when you are braking or where you are in low light conditions. This is why using a trailer light harness is the law – and common sense.
When getting a trailer light harness, it’s important to consider what the plug or socket type is, how many pins are on the harness and what the wiring configuration is. There are a few different types of plugs and socket connections, such as flat, circular and RV blades. When it comes to pins, most trailer connectors come with between four to seven pins. The number of pins it includes corresponds with the number of roles the harness has. One pin is the grounding system and the rest of the pins have different functions.
The Trailer Light Harness Buying Guide
- If you want to protect your trailer light harness and ensure it lasts for years, it’s important to keep it covered as much as possible. This can reduce corrosion and make the connectors more secure. Some people further protect their trailer light harness by applying Dielectric grease on the connectors. This helps to keep any moisture off of the trailer light harness. If your live in an area that gets a lot of rain and snow or you use the trailer for a boat, it’s important to take active steps to avoid corrosion.
- Some trailer light harnesses are made for specific types of trailers while others offer a wider application. For example, some can be used for boat trailers, horse trailers, motorcycle trailers, ATV trailers and other types of trailer hitches.
- Compatibility is key, so be sure to carefully check what type of trailer light harness your need for your vehicle and for your trailer. If you use multiple vehicles to pull the same trailer on different occasions, this is another element to keep in mind when checking compatibility.
- How long of a wire do you need to connect the vehicle to the trailer? Many trailer light harnesses are either four feet or six feet long, but some actually go to eight feet long. This offers you a lot more flexibility.
- Some trailer light harnesses actually come with a full kit which includes the tail lights and brake lights. This is what you need if the trailer doesn’t have its own lighting system already in place.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide